What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

I've been experimenting with a system now for a little while. I have every ATT plate except for the R2 plate.

Each morning, I start out with an H plate and do one pass WTG. Then, I pick up the S2 razor and do the second and third passes. The results have been incredible. Smooth, BBS shaves every morning.

Using the H plates do provide a longer-lasting shave. But somehow, I am really enjoying the second and third passes being done with a less aggressive plate.

Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone else might be interested in giving it a try.

That is an interesting approach. It's great that you have found a technique that works so well for you...congrats and thanks for sharing! :thumbup1:

I have recently acquired an SE1, and was wondering if any of you guys might be able to give me some advice on what blades work well.
I am really liking the Astra Super Platinum.

They are really smooth. So much so you forgot that they are sharp.

In the end, Feathers are sharper. But they are also FAR less smooth.

If you value a smooth shave, you owe it to yourself to try the Astra SP. At about $10 per 100 blades, they are so cost effective as to be almost silly cheap. I change them after two shaves. You could easily get 3 shaves, but I love a nice fresh blade so for me, two shaves it is.

I've been experimenting with a system now for a little while. I have every ATT plate except for the R2 plate.

Each morning, I start out with an H plate and do one pass WTG. Then, I pick up the S2 razor and do the second and third passes. The results have been incredible. Smooth, BBS shaves every morning.

Using the H plates do provide a longer-lasting shave. But somehow, I am really enjoying the second and third passes being done with a less aggressive plate.

Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone else might be interested in giving it a try.

Great to see you are finding what works for you Kenrick!:thumbup:

Well I feel you deserve most of the credit, you bought the ATT gear, and you are making the efforts to use and experiment. Cheers and bottoms up all around![emoji41][emoji106][emoji123]

Well I feel you deserve most of the credit, you bought the ATT gear, and you are making the efforts to use and experiment. Cheers and bottoms up all around![emoji41][emoji106][emoji123]
You are a gentleman. +1

Every one of us can use a hand in the right direction. I'm grateful that you gave that to me.

Just recently ordered an ATT Atlas R1 and ATT Ink Well stand for my 1st year anniversary of DE shaving :tongue_sm
Highly impressed with the quality of this thing.
Had first shave with it the other day and amazed at how efficient it was. However I felt the R1 baseplate may be a touch too aggressive for my sensitive skin. So got it replaced with the M1 baseplate. Had a shave with it today and it's perfect! It felt much smoother and comfortable a shave whilst still being super efficient. Very close shave with no irritation at all. Can't see me wanting to use anything else now. Love the weight and balance and the short Atlas handle...

$IMG_0736.jpg

Just recently ordered an ATT Atlas R1 and ATT Ink Well stand for my 1st year anniversary of DE shaving :tongue_sm
Had first shave with it the other day and amazed at how efficient it was. However I felt the R1 baseplate may be a touch too aggressive for my sensitive skin. So got it replaced with the M1 baseplate. Had a shave with it today and it's perfect! It felt much smoother and comfortable a shave whilst still being super efficient. Very close shave with no irritation at all. Can't see me wanting to use anything else now. Love the weight and balance and the short Atlas handle...

View attachment 716445

Excellent. Congrats! Yeah, the R1 is quite aggressive. I switch between an R1 and M2 plate. My skin can't quite take the R1 everyday either. Cheers.

View attachment 716445

Congrats on the purchase . You made a wise choice going with the M1 plate . It is super smooth and I found since it's so mild you can do multiple passes and touch up with no irritation .

I bought an ATT R2 some time ago and found it far too aggressive, put it away and returned to my Feather AS-D2. Got it out to give it another try a few months back and it is now in my regular rotation.

Congrats on the purchase . You made a wise choice going with the M1 plate . It is super smooth and I found since it's so mild you can do multiple passes and touch up with no irritation .

I think so too. I feel the overall head shape that's created by the M1 plate and top cap is better. Really allows you to 'ride the cap' so to speak. Very smooth. And yes I I did some extra buffing with it on the awkward bits on my chin that I can't flatten out to see how it would do and it was very effective with no extra irritation.

I will add that I was impressed with the R1 plate too. Maybe when my skin gets tougher (older) I'll get an R1 plate again for larger growth.
Also love the audible feedback the ATT razor gives during the shave. It really sings :001_cool:

I will add that I was impressed with the R1 plate too. Maybe when my skin gets tougher (older) I'll get an R1 plate again for larger growth.
Also love the audible feedback the ATT razor gives during the shave. It really sings :001_cool:

You should really give the M2 a shot . Not sure if your an OC user or not but the M2 is surprisingly efficient and a fair bit more aggressive then the M2 believe or not . I tried one expecting it to be just as mild and it was a totally different feel and feed back from the razor . When I first used it I didn't care for it , but after a few shaves it became a really nice shaver .

You should really give the M2 a shot . Not sure if your an OC user or not but the M2 is surprisingly efficient and a fair bit more aggressive then the M2 believe or not . I tried one expecting it to be just as mild and it was a totally different feel and feed back from the razor . When I first used it I didn't care for it , but after a few shaves it became a really nice shaver .

At this time I'm not an OC shaver....though I do own a Muhle R41 that I've yet to get round to :001_rolle and a Feather ACR and a TI Straight and... I'm pacing myself :tongue_sm

I second this, I would also not consider the M2 as a mild razor. More mild than the R plate but I found it a bit more aggressive than the standard 89 series heads.

Have never tried the m1.

View attachment 716445

I have that Razor and a 7 piece set of the ATT razors 2 sets. I love that razor. I am not using them at the present time due to problems with my hands. Good Luck Happy new year and enjoy your razor there and not many much better.If there are at all.

I am currently in the middle of a deal for an S1. I already have the Wunderbar, but I am looking forward to trying the S1. It is supposed to be smoother and more comfortable ( although I have no problems with the WB).

Top Bottom