What's new

Vintage Boker American Line

I stopped by an antique store today and picked up a razor. The guy told me he could do better on the price. My jaw almost dropped when he told me the new price. For $20 I couldn't resist. The scales split in half at the wedge. The razor has seen better days, but I'm happy. At least until I find out how much it's going to cost to get it restored to shave ready.
$Boker1.jpg$Boker2.jpg$Boker3.jpg$Boker4.jpg

Im happy about the score. With the razor I also got a Hoyt's Cologne bottle. It ended up being $25 total. I even told my wife about this one.
Not sure if I want to just replace the scales and have it honed, or have it restored as much as possible. Suggestions?

I'd be interested if that was ever restored as well. I have a Boker from the 1893 World's Fair with a neat etching like that on the face of the blade. I am afraid to clean it up and damage the etching.

The blade has been cleaned up and is ready for scales and honing. Maybe I can remedy that during Christmas break.

I'd be interested if that was ever restored as well. I have a Boker from the 1893 World's Fair with a neat etching like that on the face of the blade. I am afraid to clean it up and damage the etching.
The etching is really deep on that one. Unless it is really rusty you don't have to worry about polishing the blade. I like mine a lot.

The etching is really deep on that one. Unless it is really rusty you don't have to worry about polishing the blade. I like mine a lot.

Thanks for the advice Polarbeard. The blade is in pretty nice shape. It needs a touch up honing and could be used as is. I just wanted to clean it up some. It was the second razor I purchased and I really enjoy shaving with it. I will bump it up in line to be cleaned next. I have a W&B unpinned and started that needs to be finished up first.

Really beautiful,

Mine has the same date stamp but is a hollow point "Imperial". I just love it. I had the scales redone and just a light sanding of the blade. I couldn't be happier with mine. Enjoy!

Marc

Top Bottom