What's new

Paladin Shaving & Dark Holler Design Works shop journal

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I'd like to see if it might work to dedicate a thread to posting random photos and talking about day-to-day stuff that goes on in our shops. It would be nice to get something rolling here again. I'll run a separate thread for release announcements and updates.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
A couple bundles of new rod showed up today, including some 45 mm pieces of Lapis Lazuli, Tigris Perla, and Moon Java. That's large enough to turn 28 mm Chiefs, PK-47s, and Falstaffs. We've never had any Moon Java to work with before.

proxy.php

I still think your ivory grain is the cat's meow. (Well, that and the Somerset.) My choice for a Chief with L-knot.

I've been interested in a Moon Java brush for a while but have been reluctant to place a custom order as their is enormous variance between Moon Java brushes. I appreciate that Paladin allows you to see the brush before purchase.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I've been interested in a Moon Java brush for a while but have been reluctant to place a custom order as their is enormous variance between Moon Java brushes. I appreciate that Paladin allows you to see the brush before purchase.

The problem with Moon Java is that it really needs to be shot from four sides, if not 360. We'd like to do the latter, and actually discussed it early on (before the website was built) but it's just too much, at least at present.

Thank you for your reply, although I don't really understand it! What I do know is that your Moon Java Brush will be gorgeous! I can't wait to see one.

The problem with Moon Java is that it really needs to be shot from four sides, if not 360. We'd like to do the latter, and actually discussed it early on (before the website was built) but it's just too much, at least at present.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Thank you for your reply, although I don't really understand it! What I do know is that your Moon Java Brush will be gorgeous! I can't wait to see one.

I just meant that with something like Moon Java it would be even better if in instead of just front and back photos, we made them from four sides or even 360 degrees. But that would be a little overboard.

Oh ... "shot" means "picture"...gotcha. Looking forward to your first "Moon Java Shot"!

I just meant that with something like Moon Java it would be even better if in instead of just front and back photos, we made them from four sides or even 360 degrees. But that would be a little overboard.

I agree with shooting it from four sides. I've seen many smudges in moonjava brushes and I've seen some that are gorgeous. The smudged moonjava brushes are what has kept me from ordering one before. I love the material when it has that evenly sliced look to it, the uniformity. But when it's smudged it looks awful IMO. I look forward to your turns with it.

Ken, do you have a link to previous discussion about your Somerset rod stock? You offered a PK-47 Somerset a couple of releases ago which I tried for, and it left an impression. It doesn't show up often so must be in short supply and well guarded.

Being a tad more "conservative" in my brush tastes, I must ask-was there any Malachite in those packages, which may be finding its way into 26mm PK-47 handles? Just curious....

Top Bottom