What's new

World's Cheapest New Razor: The Sik Bay

Here is a razor that cost me 99 cents, including shipping: The Sik Bay

It's made of a post-space age synthetic with a partial coating of UV reflective material. That is, it's plastic with part of it painted with chrome-colored paint. With a blade, it weighs 9 grams.

$IMG_0637.JPG
And it really is called the Sik Bay. But at less than a dollar shipped, it would be a lot to expect the words "Sik" and "Bay" to be in the same script.
$IMG_0638.JPG
Modern 3 piece design.
$IMG_0639.JPG

Check out the blade exposure:
$IMG_0640.JPG

And if that doesn't frighten you, the blade gap is equally impressive:
$IMG_0641.JPG

How does it shave? About like you would expect from a 9 gram razor with a blade protruding like the fins on a 1959 Chevrolet. It's like grasping a razor blade with a pair of pliers and pulling it across your face. The result was remarkably close, but it was a slow and frightening experience that left me feeling as though I had indeed grasped a razor blade with a pair of pliers and pulled it across my face. No collar on my shirt today, boys.

This is science. We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

Sorry about the crap photos. I was still trembling a little from the experience.

Wow! It looks like the blade actually curves up. Sometimes they're just so bad you have to try. Thanks for posting.

That looks like fun! :thumbup1:

Do you have a link? I tried eBay but came up with nothing. I'm betting [MENTION=67066]mjclark[/MENTION] would like to trial that one too.

That looks like fun! :thumbup1:

Do you have a link? I tried eBay but came up with nothing. I'm betting @mjclark would like to trial that one too.

It's a "Buy It Now" so I think I can provide the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newly-Safet...437568?hash=item360a80a740:g:3NgAAOSwX~dWi4jG

Key quote from the listing: "Material: Stainless Steel"

Notice you get a 5% discount if you buy two. That's 95 cents per razor, shipped. And it won't corrode like Zamak, bend like brass, or tarnish like silver. Once you shave with it, though, you might wish it were less indestructible.

There's a booth in a local antique mall that has several of these for $4 each. I've thought about getting one a few times, but always find something better to spend my money on. I'll probably eventually grab one though, just for one run and a few laughs.

$1.35+free shipping.

Top Bottom