What's new

Ikon SE razor coming out soon.

That "issue" with the uneven blade exposure for the X3 comes up with all the new slants on the market... As they used to say when I was working with computers - It's not a flaw, it is a design enhancement.

Yes, it's a non-issue IMO. As I still say about MicroSoft products: It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature. :lol:

There was an apparent issue with the Phoenix slant concerning uneven blade exposure but actually it's an optical illusion due to the change in perspective as the blade twists.
If you view the razor head top down, the blade exposure is even.

I bought the El Jeff head. This morning I shaved with a Kai blade. UFO handle. Lots of blade feel. I have Essential Tremors but shaved with no spilled blood. This may be the best shave under my nose, I've had. Excellent shave overall.

After a readjustment, my second shave was much better. I probably should have waited another day for my neck to recover from yesterday's adventure, but I'm stubborn and hard-headed at times. El Jefe is still the most aggressive razor in my stable, so it will take some time to acclimate.

Used mine for a third shave today and all went well. I applied all the tricks mentioned here. Assembled it with the head down/handle facing up, partially screwed the handle on and tapped the back on the sink top to set the blade back and then screwed the handle down firmly.

The first shave still has me a bit cautious when using it, but all went well...again.

Just Finnished my 3rd shave with the El jefe and I am very happy, the first 2 shaves the blade was misaligned but this last one was incredible I used a super blade and it definitely is like a SE version of the shavecraft tech, but now that I have these AC Blades I'm looking a a cjb razor

After reading this I have NEVER wanted a razor as much as I want the El Jefe.
+1
I couldn't help myself, and bought one too. I'm 3 shaves in with my JEFE , and I already like it better than the hawk.
I'm thinking It all has to do with the Feather AC blades..... they're amazing!

I got the El Jefe earlier this week and I like it better than my Hawk and my Mongoose. I have to use a super Pro in the Mongoose to get the same shave as the El Jefe with a Super plus the Mongoose can't get my jawline and the El Jefe can. I can't believe this razor only cost $20.00.

I ordered one yesterday. I figure that I can deal with the alignment issue easily enough - I don't take my blades out after every use on any of my razors. So, dealing with the alignment is only something to do only when I change blades. I'm eager to see how many shaves I can get with an AC blade. I usually get about 9 shaves with my Ever-Ready and a Gem stainless blade and hope that things will be the same (or better) with the AC blade in this razor. I didn't buy a handle since I have several around the house that should work.

I received my El Jefe head today. I mated it with a Maggard SS handle, but don't recall the model of the handle. Putting it together with a blade was a little fiddly, but I got it put together as it is supposed to be. I'll give it a go tomorrow, with 2 days of growth.

Yeah my El Jefe came through the letterbox here in Devon UK this morning, just 5 days after I emailed Greg to buy one.

Put the OSS handle on it - there was some bushing on the thread but it all came clean:
proxy.php

So seriously is this an SE match for the Shavecraft Tech which is unquestionably my favourite Safety Razor?
proxy.php

Received mine today. According to the USPS, it was supposed to arrive Thursday. So, getting here two days early was a very pleasant surprise. But, unfortunately, I shaved 2 hours before it arrived.

So, no point in shaving with it tonight. I did, however, put it together with a Maggard MR6 handle tonight. No problems with screwing it together for the first 3/4s of the post. But, then it developed some resistance. I went ahead and screwed it down the rest of the way and everything was nice and tight. Then, I took it apart. There were some metal shavings that fell out upon disassembly. Then I put it back together and took it apart a couple of times with no issues. So, evidently, there are some issues with the finish of the screw. But nothing that screwing it into a stainless handle couldn't fix.

I did do a couple of dry passes on my face just to see how it felt. No issues there. I will actually shave with it tomorrow.

Well what can I say! That was a PHENOMENALLY GOOD shave!
The angle is intuitive, the head is very manouverable and the performance is satisfyingly aggressive.
I put the blade in the lower exposure configuration and that is a lovely lovely lovely shave, for me as good or better than the Cobra.
Great!
proxy.php

I also see these Blem heads are now out of stock which I guess means Gentlemen that we are now the owners of rare collectors items [emoji3]

I liked it so much I ordered a second. With Essential Tremors, I'm having trouble finding the best blade. I bought a sampler from Try a Blade. The first, a Kai... I stupidly threw away the wrapper... worked well. The Feather Pro was a little too aggressive on my third pass. Suggestions?

[MENTION=65117]Chadao[/MENTION]
Pierce, maybe try the Kai Titan Mild?

I was going to wait for the updated head, but missed the shaves too much. I ordered head only and received it yesterday. Very nice shave with it and a Feather ProGuard (24). [emoji106] I love this razor!

Top Bottom