What's new

In need of thick beard advice

Gentlemen! It's been awhile... Apparently my aim with the old Fatboy has gotten so incredibly poor that this happened:

proxy.php

So I've been oiling it daily after wash or rinse and combing it right after. It combs fine when wet, but after drying it gets less... comb-pliant. Lots of pulling and such. I'm using a decent comb too, it's a Kent.

Any suggestions on wrangling some better behavior out of this thing?

So I've been oiling it daily after wash or rinse and combing it right after. It combs fine when wet, but after drying it gets less... comb-pliant. Lots of pulling and such. I'm using a decent comb too, it's a Kent.

Any suggestions on wrangling some better behavior out of this thing?

Get you a good beard balm home boy!!

I use beard balm daily and it combs really nice!

I highly recommend a few brands.

Beard butter is good stuff, smells great.

I recently tried some from the Liberty Premium grooming Company and it's my favorite performance wise so far.

I have heard a lot of praise for the Beard Barron...........that will be the next one I try.

I used to use beard oil but now I strictly use Balm. IMOP, Balm does the same as oil and more.

Get you a good beard balm home boy!!

I use beard balm daily and it combs really nice!

I highly recommend a few brands.

Beard butter is good stuff, smells great.

I recently tried some from the Liberty Premium grooming Company and it's my favorite performance wise so far.

I have heard a lot of praise for the Beard Barron...........that will be the next one I try.

I used to use beard oil but now I strictly use Balm. IMOP, Balm does the same as oil and more.
Excellent! Thanks for the recommendations!

[MENTION=59338]Toothpick[/MENTION] Can probably help. that guys beard is pretty thick and bushy as well and I know he grew it ZZTop style for a year

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Still am growing It!

proxy.php

I think your main problem is simply the stage of growth. At that length a dry beard will be tough to manage. Your hair is growing at all kinds of angles. And because of the length it's hard to straighten and comb through it. I'm at a year and I can comb it dry or oiled. The 2 perms I put in it to straighten it have helped too.

I do find beard balm to be slightly better than the oils. I think it holds better and lasts longer. Specifically, Taconic Beard Balm. It's great stuff. http://www.taconicshave.com/catalog/beard-balm/

Conditioner helps too, but I rarely use it. But you should try it. Shampoo and condition the beard as often as you wash your hair. Use balm/oil. Comb your beard several times a day. And just give it time to grow out some.

Still am growing It!

proxy.php

I think your main problem is simply the stage of growth. At that length a dry beard will be tough to manage. Your hair is growing at all kinds of angles. And because of the length it's hard to straighten and comb through it. I'm at a year and I can comb it dry or oiled. The 2 perms I put in it to straighten it have helped too.

I do find beard balm to be slightly better than the oils. I think it holds better and lasts longer. Specifically, Taconic Beard Balm. It's great stuff. http://www.taconicshave.com/catalog/beard-balm/

Conditioner helps too, but I rarely use it. But you should try it. Shampoo and condition the beard as often as you wash your hair. Use balm/oil. Comb your beard several times a day. And just give it time to grow out some.
Thanks! I am in awe of your beardness!

Top Bottom