What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Another Ever-Ready has come my way. Not sure what to call the model "number".
$20160609_114852.jpg
$20160609_114944.jpg

I am attempting to do something that, to my knowledge, has never been done before in the shaving community. In an attempt to decipher the model numbers on Ever Ready brushes, I am putting together a spreadsheet with data about all of the Ever Ready brushes either I or anyone else can find or has found.

Please read and digest all the information in this post so we don't end up with a ton of posts that have to be re written to include the data you didn't read about in this initial post :lol:. Then please start posting like mad with the following:

-Information about Ever Ready brushes you own/have seen
-Pictures of said brushes if at all possible
-Wild speculations about what all of the data being collected means
-Personal stories about Ever Ready Brushes
-Shavegeekery

If you've got a large number of brushes to report, please by all means post pics of them, but rather than just posting the data straight to the forum, PM me with your email address so I can invite you to make changes directly to the Google spreadsheet this is all being stored in.

Background Information and Wild Speculation:

All of the Ever Ready brushes I have seen have three digit numbers, and sometimes even a letter following the number. According to Mike (lax1mxr), who has had his hands on enough of these things to make all of us green with envy, he has seen brushes with model numbers as high as 1000, with higher model numbers having finer grades of hair and finer handles. I personally have seen that some Ever Ready brushes include a letter in addition to the 3 or 4 digit number provided.

I'm working under the assumption that the number on the brush may include all/some of the following information:
-Model number (both digits and letters) i.e. 1000, 100, or 100B
-Handle design (note that this may not always mean material, but it does mean quality)
-Type and grade of hair used
-Knot size
-Loft height
-Handle height
-Total height (Loft + Handle)
-Color (especially for those two tone beauties:001_wub:)
-A link to the post with pictures/information provided about that brush
-Some other information not yet known at the time of this post

Link to URL: Massive Ever Ready Spreadsheet

EDIT: As an update, I'm allowing you guys to edit the sheet. I'm hoping to get swamped here soon and may need the assistance.

I found this link and thought it might shed some light on the matter. I found a 600B yesterday and was looking for answers.
http://oldschoolshavingbrushes.com/other_manuacturers/other_ever-ready.html

Some more Ever-Ready for my collection.
$20160926_153318.jpg$20160926_153303.jpg
$20160926_153353.jpgSome kind of marking worn off the bottom? This could very well become my favorite.And a red 100 as well.
$20160926_153913.jpg$20160926_153933.jpg

Weighs too much to be aluminum. 84gr which is 18gr more than my R400. Also appears that the mark on the back side is an S which might imply silver or stainless. The way it shined up with the Flitz and micro-fibre cloth, my first guess would be stainless. Guessing though. Not sure if the mark on the bottom is a hallmark and it doesn't have the lustrous silver shine that Uncle Berties sterling brush came out with. I'll send over some pics for OSSB if you want.

That would be great, thanks. Its certainly a unique and rare brush. Congratulations on the find and I'm glad to see a brush like this is back in service. The original makers would no doubt be pleased.

It definitely looks like silver....it has more "white" light linea than steel
Not sure what that is but here's a look after a bit of polishing. It actually has striations or lines that look like it was turned on a lathe or stamped.
$20160928_095516.jpg$20160928_100337.jpg
And with a test lather, its a bit floppy so it might need a new knot to be usable.
$20160928_114154.jpg

Treasure is a good word to use with that one. I too lean toward leaving any un-used brush in its original state. Especially when it includes the box. I have a couple that are not safe from possible use or re-knot because there's no box.

Top Bottom