What's new

Post your shave dens!

All I have is a wall mounted Ikea cabinet for my stuff :(
Great thing about it is that the shelf has built in notches which allow for razors to be hung, just like the real deals :laugh: small wins

proxy.php

My shave den on board the USS Iwo Jima, my home away from home

All I have is a wall mounted Ikea cabinet for my stuff :(
Great thing about it is that the shelf has built in notches which allow for razors to be hung, just like the real deals :laugh: small wins

Have you got a link or a model name of that cabinet?
I've got stuff in boxes under the bed and on a bookshelf in the office and a tray in the bathroom.

Have you got a link or a model name of that cabinet?
I've got stuff in boxes under the bed and on a bookshelf in the office and a tray in the bathroom.

It is the LEJEN line.

I've checked the Ikea US website and they only seem to have the big model.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60279462/
This one can be mounted vertically or horizontally but it is pictured horizontal when opened. Needless to say the slots will not work unless its vertical. The slots in each shelf are still present but the "shelf" which is now a divider has been inverted. If you zoom in you can still see the slots at the back of each divider.

In Malaysia we have a 1/2 sized option which is convenient to keep 4 razors and some kit. Goes for about USD12.
http://www.ikea.com/my/en/catalog/products/70279466/
It however only comes with a half depth shelf. This actually works well for me as I can keep some tall items in the front e.g. my Omega 10098 brush (note: in the picture the shelf is mounted forward leaving the back empty. Not sure why they did that). This smaller model can be stacked or placed side by side. IMHO more versatile especially in keeping everything at eye level. The only possible downside is the half-depth shelf (if it is not what you are looking for).

If you really want one or a few of the small models available in Malaysia, do let me know. I will be visiting Texas during Christmas and could bring it/them over and then post it to you once I'm there. Would save a decent bit on shipping.

Cheers.

[MENTION=110177]neosaint99[/MENTION]
Thanks for the information.
I'm actually in Germany so I'll see what is available at the Regensburg Ikea (our usual store). After I look through the catalog online.

Fellas, I gotta say, this magnificent thread makes me feel a little better and a little worse about the contents of my tiny piece of the world. The next time my partner questions an addition to my shelf I'm going to sit down with her and scroll through this thread.

I live in a share house, so I try and keep my half of the counter reasonably tidy. I did get some sticky magnets off ebay to hold the blades I'm currently using.

$QWWPeXj.jpg

Soaps and creams and such, and a kettle for the unlucky mornings when I'm last to use the bathroom.

$5eszBGl.jpg

Samples, blades and aftershaves.

$aqVeeny.jpg

I have been wet shaving for around a year now, though I didn't add to my initial purchase of a razor, cream, brush, balm and blades for the first four or five months. It has taken a healthy amount of restraint paired with an unhealthy student's budget to keep my kit this minimal, yet the female housemate I share this bathroom with still gives me crap for having more toiletries than her. I am adding a second razor, third brush, a new soap and AS in a couple of months. I've spent more time working out what each of them will be than I have on any one assignment for uni this year.

Yes, I tidied up for these photos. It needed doing anyway.

My wife and I picked up some stackable coated wire shelves today at Aldi, of all places. Living in an RV makes storage a challenge, so ya gotta improvise to make the most of the space you have. Especially when you still have active acquisitions disorders! LOL!

Ive posted the custom razor rack that my Father-In-Law built for me in this thread before, but I like to show his craftsmanship off as often as I can! ;-)
proxy.php
Doesn't all your gear get scattered as you drive?

Yup. I use it to heat up distilled water the shave with some left in to steam a couple o' towels. I gotta get a scuttle as I love a warm brush.

Been at it for less than 2 weeks and this is my den so far.. I might have contracted a disease.. :lol: I can't believe I let ya'll sucker me into this lol.

Attachments

• $20161006_202620.jpg
    $20161006_202620.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 237
  • $20161006_202714.jpg
    $20161006_202714.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 245
  • $20161006_202826.jpg
    $20161006_202826.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 241
  • $20161006_204336.jpg
    $20161006_204336.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 241
Mine lays claim to the bathroom too. That is why you see my things on my chest of drawers! I, like you, remodeled it.[emoji23]

Same boat here. I have a stack of TOBS creams, one aftershave balm and splash, witch hazel, some blades, one razor, one brush and one shave bowl in the medicine cabinet and on a shelf in the bathroom I share with the wife. All the rest of the stuff is on the dresser in the guest bedroom.

Top Bottom