What's new

About 6 weeks into this,

Here's my adventure so far.

I recently put down the cigarettes, and started vaping. First shop I went to was on the way home from a 2 hour away DR's visit. They sold the wife and I each a Joytech eGo to start with. We both liked them and decided we were going to get into this a little more. So about a week later we stopped at the same shop.

Next purchase for her was an Innokin Endura T22 that she really liked. My "upgrade" was a complete waste of money. I bought a Kangertech Topbox Mini. Assembled and primed it there in the shop so I knew everything was going together correctly. It was fine for the little bit we were in the shop, but 10 miles down the road I found that I had half of my tank leaked out all over the place from the air intake.
Since the shop had closed as we left, we drove an hour and 15 minutes back the next day for the guy to tell me "Try another coil, the ones that come with them are junk."

Now, I was a bit ticked off at that point. I had 2 1/2 hours of driving for them to tell me they won't stand behind the (admitted by them) junk that they sold me. I tried it with some of the other coils it came with and had an issue with every one of them. It would be fine, be fine, be fine, then randomly running out the air inlet.

Wife wrote an e-mail to the owner who finally sent a new one that sits here un-opened in the still sealed box. In the meantime we found a shop that was a bit closer. They pretty much have almost no stock of anything however.

I did pick up a Council Of Vapor Mini Volt while there. I over-paid for it, but it is a sweet little mod. The only issue I have with it is the battery life. You can watch the meter go down as you hit it even at low wattage. Second trip to the store and they were out of almost all juice and only had one coil left for the product they were so proud to be over-charging for. Third trip we went 2 hours before their closing time, and they were already closed.

Needless to say, my short tempered self was not amused. So the wife started searching on her phone, and we found a new shop that was actually even closer to us. So we stopped on the way back to check it out.

Well I walked out of there just over $200 lighter, with 2 new mods, 2 new tanks, batteries, charger, more juice, and much more informed than I had ever gotten from either of the other shops.

The wife and I both have new Fuchai 213's (hers is gunmetal/grey, mine is burnt orange) topped with Smok TFV8 Baby tanks. I really like this combo. My only issue so far is that with the flavors I got from there I now vape more than I ever smoked! :lol: I have actually burned up 2 coils in the last 5 days chain-vaping this thing. :a47: (And I still can't figure out how to blow a stupid ring...)

My 3 new favorite flavors are Pop Clouds cotton candy (self explanatory flavor), Prophet oracle (smores milkshake), and Micro Brew Vapor's grumpy old bastard (butterscotch caramel).

Well, since I've just typed a small novel I will end this for now.

Congratulations and good luck. Sorry you had such bad experiences with the vape shop. When I started I bought eighty bucks worth of stuff from totally wicked, so I convinced myself I wouldn't smoke until I felt I got my money's worth. Two weeks later I fired up a cancer stick and took that glorious drag I had been longing for. Only to discover cigarettes had become yucky. That was almost five years ago. I'm still hanging on to the old pacifier, but I won't smoke again for anything. Order online when you can my friend. Homebrew your juice and take that money you save to start brewing beer or playing guitar. That's how I won.

Congratulations and good luck. Sorry you had such bad experiences with the vape shop. When I started I bought eighty bucks worth of stuff from totally wicked, so I convinced myself I wouldn't smoke until I felt I got my money's worth. Two weeks later I fired up a cancer stick and took that glorious drag I had been longing for. Only to discover cigarettes had become yucky. That was almost five years ago. I'm still hanging on to the old pacifier, but I won't smoke again for anything. Order online when you can my friend. Homebrew your juice and take that money you save to start brewing beer or playing guitar. That's how I won.

My big problem with ordering online is that I knew pretty much nothing about it at all, so I had no clue what I was looking at. I THOUGHT that I might learn something by going to a shop. :lol:

Actually the last one I found is pretty close to the house, and they have been really good to us so far. Making sure that we knew everything about our new mods before we left, looking up things online while we stood right there to show us price comparisons and reviews, giving us discounts for buying so much. I took my step-son in a few days after we got ours because he tried ours and wants to quit cigs too, and they gave me a free 60 mil bottle for bringing him in. :thumbup:

I have been to the point for a while that cigs just weren't tasting good anymore, but kept smoking them more out of habit than anything else. I have only had 1 in the last 3 weeks and it tasted like ####. As far as the money thing, well, I don't drink, and don't have enough fingers for guitar, so I think it will probably go to more shaving gear. :laugh:

Congrats on the switch :thumbup1: TFV8 will drink a lot of juice, so I would also look at some "homebrew" rather than "premium" juice. I used quotation marks because the only difference is branding.
If you have any questions post in here, I used to work in the industry.

Congrats on the switch :thumbup1: TFV8 will drink a lot of juice, so I would also look at some "homebrew" rather than "premium" juice. I used quotation marks because the only difference is branding.
If you have any questions post in here, I used to work in the industry.

Thanks Prof.! Right now one of the flavors I really like is made (semi) locally in Buffalo NY. I get a 50ml bottle for $15 which isn't too bad around here. I will definitely keep you in mind when something else stumps my pathetic brain! :lol:

Thanks Prof.! Right now one of the flavors I really like is made (semi) locally in Buffalo NY. I get a 50ml bottle for $15 which isn't too bad around here. I will definitely keep you in mind when something else stumps my pathetic brain! [emoji38]
No worries mate, happy to help

I'm leaving, already! That's the one that made me laugh. :laugh:

That one is really good. It's a butterscotch caramel, but the butterscotch flavor really wins out. It almost ruins a coil for any other flavor it's so strong. :laugh: 50ml bottle is $15 where I get it. It is brewed in Buffalo by Micro Brew Vapor.

Personally, just one man's opinion, I reckon you ought to try yourself some decent ry4 sometime. I'm a little picky so I only vape my own these days, but I'm sure your local folks ought to have a caramel tobacco (ry4) blend in house that they'll likely let you try for free. My experience with tobacco juice that isn't naturally extracted from tobacco is that it either tastes nutty or like cereal, and caramel cereal makes a fine smoke in my opinion. Most folks I make juice for either love it or hate it, but I think everyone ought to try it.

Personally, just one man's opinion, I reckon you ought to try yourself some decent ry4 sometime. I'm a little picky so I only vape my own these days, but I'm sure your local folks ought to have a caramel tobacco (ry4) blend in house that they'll likely let you try for free. My experience with tobacco juice that isn't naturally extracted from tobacco is that it either tastes nutty or like cereal, and caramel cereal makes a fine smoke in my opinion. Most folks I make juice for either love it or hate it, but I think everyone ought to try it.

Apparently, there were some new FDA rules and regs that went into effect very recently and they aren't allowed to let you sample flavors anymore. Technically they aren't even supposed to help a newb assemble their own stuff in the store to make sure they can work it either. Can't keep their nose out of anything anymore.

^A bit of grave digging here... but that is incorrect. Maybe dependent on state laws, but the Federal Gov't has not placed that down. Most shops will charge (or implied donation) and then you can sample.

^A bit of grave digging here... but that is incorrect. Maybe dependent on state laws, but the Federal Gov't has not placed that down. Most shops will charge (or implied donation) and then you can sample.

The FDA has actually placed any form of "e-cig" or vaping unit under it's tobacco regulations as of August 8th 2016. I pulled this next little bit from the fda.gov website and highlighted a key line in red.

FDA regulates all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, hookah tobacco, and cigars. If you sell tobacco products, you must comply with all applicable federal laws and regulations for retailers.
This page offers a summary of the federal rules. You can find comprehensive federal requirements for tobacco retailers in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco and Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
How Do I Comply?
These rules apply to all "covered tobacco products" beginning August 8, 2016:

• Check photo ID of everyone under age 27 who attempts to purchase any tobacco product.
  • Only sell tobacco products to customers age 18 or older.[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Do NOT sell tobacco products in a vending machine or self-service display unless in an adult-only facility.[SUP]3[/SUP]
  • Do NOT give away free samples of newly-regulated tobacco products, including any of their components or parts.[SUP]4[/SUP]

Re-reading what you said, that is probably why they are charging/getting "donation" for the samples. That way they are "selling" them.

Top Bottom