What's new

IWB holster

Another vote for AlienGear, I have one for my Sig 938 and my 1911. Good holsters.

$image.jpg

Last edited:
I make a practice of maintaining both a IWB and OWB (and in some cases a shoulder rig) for all the pistols I own. Although I will recognize its popularity and acknowledge it has its advantagess, I do not like Kydex. Hence, my holsters are leather. Over the years, three holster makers have routinely put out some of the finest products I have used. In alphabetical order:
-Andrews Leather
-Mitch Rosen Leather
-Ritchie Leather

Durable, comfortable, and secure...everything you need if you are going to carry a pistol.

Here is the latest from Ritchie for my recently acquired Glock 30S.

$image.jpg

I will highly recommend any of the aforementioned makers.

I use Crossbreed holsters for both IWB and OWB. They make the most comfortable IWB I have tried, but still not as comfortable as OWB. They are not as pretty as some of the competition, but have a smooth draw and great retention.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Just got this Comp-Tac MTAC holster yesterday. I will trim down the belt clips once the final adjustments have been made.

Attachments

• $IMG_0629.jpg
    $IMG_0629.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 105

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
That is a great looking holster [MENTION=65861]John[/MENTION]. looks very functional and comfortable. I like the tapered sides. Not too much leather on either side. What did it cost ya?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I've used a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 almost exclusively for the past 8-9years. They're kind of pricey and it looks like they're quoting 3-4 months lead time before delivery right now but it is by far the best IWB holster I've ever used. I've tried others and always seem to go back to the Sparks. I carry either a commander or Govt. size 1911 so YMMV carrying a Glock.

I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck for the rare occasions I carry a S&W M&P 9c which would be more comparable to your glock. It's cant is adjustable and as the name implies can and is designed to be tuckable. The only thing I did not like about it is that the metal clips supplied with it are very sharp edged and really tore up a good Beltman belt. I had a local holster maker make me some leather loops to use instead of the metal clips and have been happy every since.

Last edited:
Just curious...here in the mountains, pretty much everyone is within arms reach of a firearm. And everyone knows it. Open carry is permissible and often practiced (not by me though-not my style). That being said, there is not a lot of impetus to incorporate methods of ultra-concealment in these parts and "tuckable" holsters or other such gear are not the necessarily the order of the day.

My question is for those of you who by choice or local rule feel the need to carry "tuckable" IWB holsters, do you often use the aforementioned feature?? Seems as in a lot of environments an untucked shirt is sartorially accepted (at least around here it is).
Or do you just use the holster and throw on a shirt/jacket/etc and that be that??

If you are so inclined to carry a firearm in the "tucked" mode, how often do you practice bringing the weapon up to presentation? Although this is not rocket science, it does require some technique and facing up to a confrontation is NOT the best time to begin working on the aforementioned method of drawing the weapon.

I tried a High Noon "tuckable" IWB once; I didn't like it. Actually I have been very fre places within the past decade or so that a well-made, tight fitting OWB holster did not fit the bill quite well...

Anyone???

Just curious...here in the mountains, pretty much everyone is within arms reach of a firearm. And everyone knows it. Open carry is permissible and often practiced (not by me though-not my style). That being said, there is not a lot of impetus to incorporate methods of ultra-concealment in these parts and "tuckable" holsters or other such gear are not the necessarily the order of the day.

My question is for those of you who by choice or local rule feel the need to carry "tuckable" IWB holsters, do you often use the aforementioned feature?? Seems as in a lot of environments an untucked shirt is sartorially accepted (at least around here it is).
Or do you just use the holster and throw on a shirt/jacket/etc and that be that??

If you are so inclined to carry a firearm in the "tucked" mode, how often do you practice bringing the weapon up to presentation? Although this is not rocket science, it does require some technique and facing up to a confrontation is NOT the best time to begin working on the aforementioned method of drawing the weapon.

I tried a High Noon "tuckable" IWB once; I didn't like it. Actually I have been very fre places within the past decade or so that a well-made, tight fitting OWB holster did not fit the bill quite well...

Anyone???

I have tuckable holsters, but have never used that feature - mostly because I just almost never tuck my shirts in anyway. The exception would be on the extremely rare occasion I wear a suit. In that case, I just use a nice pancake OWB holster and keep my jacket on (although, like you..open carry is allowed and fairly common where I live - it's just not what I prefer). Outside of that I'm wearing my hiking pants and a t-shirt, polo, or Henley....all untucked.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
acmemfg said:
My question is for those of you who by choice or local rule feel the need to carry "tuckable" IWB holsters, do you often use the aforementioned feature??
I carry "tucked" maybe 5% of the time at most. If I'm going somewhere where my shirt needs to be tucked in, I usually pocket carry or I have a jacket/sports coat on that allows for multiple different carry options. It's not a feature I use often, but it's nice to have when you need it.

Open Carry is legal here, but I hear PD/SD get dispatched occasionally to "a man with a gun." I have also heard the dispatcher advise that "he appears to be exercising his 2nd amendment rights but caller wants him checked anyway." Other areas of the state you can open carry and no one gives you a second glance.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have tuckable holsters, but have never used that feature - mostly because I just almost never tuck my shirts in anyway. The exception would be on the extremely rare occasion I wear a suit. In that case, I just use a nice pancake OWB holster and keep my jacket on (although, like you..open carry is allowed and fairly common where I live - it's just not what I prefer). Outside of that I'm wearing my hiking pants and a t-shirt, polo, or Henley....all untucked.

+1 Pretty much how I roll also.

Just to show there's nothing new under the sun, here's a 90-plus year old IWB rig. This Heiser IWB holster for a 4-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame revolver was probably made after 1910 but prior to the mid-1920s, being dated from the style of the maker's mark. The revolver is a 1917-1919 vintage Smith & Wesson K-Frame Military & Police Hand Ejector .38 Special with round butt. Smith & Wesson later named the Military & Police the Model 10.

Works great. Stays put and is comfortable too. I don't know how long the leather straps used to fasten the holster to the belt would last though. Just a bygone design geared for one's personal defense.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I usually wear mine un-tucked. I only tuck mine in if I have to wear a dress shirt and pants and I almost never wear a suit jacket or sports coat. If I do wear one tucked in, it's usually my Kahr PM 9. I think those with slimmer builds have an easier time wearing larger guns tucked in than I do, but it depends on how you dress more than anything else.

Ive always had a problem finding the perfect IWB holster. Im 6'1 145 so its hard for me not to print a Glock 19. But that is what i carried for years until recently switching to a Shield for my EDC. I tried to carry 4 oclock with everything from a Comp tac to an Alien gear with no results other than complete ****.

I moved to wearing my gun apendix style in a Gcode Incog about two years ago and have never looked back. I carry everday im not working with comfort. And even my glock 17 hides well. $14141621_1726422907607365_5758917293810355336_n.jpg

I use it a fair bit. The nature of my profession means that I appear on stage regularly, usually in a suit, tux, or tails. The tails are cutaway, so there's no hope of the coat concealing. With a suit or a tux I usually carry untucked, but with a tuckable holster just in case. Summer gigs may get hot enough that we're given the okay for "coats off" for the performance, so I have to have a tuckable model to change mode.

Off stage I can do what I want, which is usually an untucked shirt providing concealment like everyone else. In Fall/Winter/Spring I don't usually use IWB at all and carry OWB with a jacket or coat. If I'm going somewhere where the coat/jacket comes off (or is likely to), then it's back to IWB that I can tuck if necessary. Covers the eventualities.

If I'm going to the range every week, I practice it every other trip or so. It sucks. It can't suck enough, in fact. But it's like having a "Rule 1" gun--it's better than no gun at all.

The only alternative is pocket carry, but I only do that in serious winter time, with the gun in a coat pocket because I have 17 layers on underneath it. :lol: In a coat pocket I can keep the muzzle down; I won't pocket carry any other way. (Just me.)

Although my hybrid Theis single-clip works superbly, I find myself drooling at these beautiful all-leather holsters you gents are posting. If, say, a Sam Andrews were tuckable I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. But when you need tuckable, you really need tuckable.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have several Sparks holsters, to include the Summer special. I find the Summer special a bit bulky compared to my Com Tac holsters.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
nortac said:
I find the Summer special a bit bulky compared to my Com Tac holsters.

I don't have a Summer special but I have a very similar Galco Summer Comfort. I don't use it much because of it's bulkiness.

Top Bottom