What's new

Drone Hunting

Technology is beginning to increase at a pace faster than we can legislate and regulate (sensibly) for.

I love drones, but we really need to take a look at private airspace and how people should respond. I appreciate the gumption of folks like this lady, but what happens when some goofball decides to shoot down a drone in a town or populated area?

I don't have the answers, I just see the problems... :p

Untapped market...bring back the Strategic Defense Initiative (aka Star Wars) technology for the private sector to automatically eliminate dronetruders.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If ya kill it, ya gotta eat it.

Love to see the last bit of video from the doomed drone, though. Maybe see the shot wad sail past.

AA

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
She doesn't own the airspace, and will sooner or later find that out. While I agree wholeheartedly that they are not what I want to see in my neighborhood, my opinion isn't worth squat. Maybe I don't like Delta airliners traversing my sod, but think shooting them out of the sky might not be the best idea.

She doesn't own the airspace, and will sooner or later find that out. While I agree wholeheartedly that they are not what I want to see in my neighborhood, my opinion isn't worth squat. Maybe I don't like Delta airliners traversing my sod, but think shooting them out of the sky might not be the best idea.

In the US she doesn't own the airspace, but in Canada, I am not so sure. In the US the airspace is public, except for military areas, power plants, etc.

I know two different people that have had drones flying by their wife's/daughters window and poolcage. The yard with the pool had a privacy fence. If someone flies a drone around my property(especially near a window or with my wife/daughter sunbathing), then they must not like it much.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Delta isn't hovering over your back yard while your teenage daughter is sunbathing in the privacy of her fenced in back yard.

In the US she doesn't own the airspace, but in Canada, I am not so sure. In the US the airspace is public, except for military areas, power plants, etc.

Actually you do own airspace above your home. How much is questionable. I believe that aircraft that fly over technically have an easement. This concept applies equally to land below the surface (i.e. mineral and water rights). A drone flying over your land may indeed be trespassing. I would refrain; however, from shooting it. That's another body of law.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know two different people that have had drones flying by their wife's/daughters window and poolcage. The yard with the pool had a privacy fence. If someone flies a drone around my property(especially near a window or with my wife/daughter sunbathing), then they must not like it much.

I posted before I saw your response- what you say is exactly right. I no longer have teenage daughters, but I do have teenage granddaughters.

proxy.php

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, most of my female neighbors clean their guns on their porches as well, at least the older ones. Hope they are out when the paparazzi set up drones to peep my back yard, which hasn't seen a teenager for some years. There might be, however, 23 foot pounds of lead, traversing that space almost silently in a direction contrary to the best interests, if not the mechanical health, of said drone .. $TalonSS.jpg

Seriously, Realdog's right, the law is as clear as mud concerning drones. If one is just passing, I'll probably waive. If one is haunting my back yard it will get the woodchuck sanction ..

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I walk my dog in a park close to home. I'm sure the operator meant no harm but his drone was around us on our walk for about 10 minutes.

Think about it. Something hovering around you as you walk. How far away would be inoffensive? Just flying past 20' seems close. Following along . . . get away from me already . . . give me 50' or more. Even then following along would be creepy.

Top Bottom