What's new

Amouage Chat - From the passaround

Update on Wilde
It is STRONG up front and again takes sometime to calm down some. After that it was very animalistic to me. It was a skin scent at the end of the day. I almost wonder if the oils would work better if blended with perfumers alcohol and used as a spray. The scent seemed more of a oakmoss leather and tobacco sent. Still not sure how I feel about it.

Today I am wearing Amouge Epic. I bought a full bottle a while back.

The male fragrance Epic Man is an oriental woody one, offering you pink pepper,
cardamom, saffron and nutmeg at the top. The heart pulses with essences of
geranium and myrrh, while the base consists of precious Aoud, patchouli, leather
and incense.

Epic - It seems strange in that I could not smell it much when I first applied it. After I got to work it was going pretty strong and I used 2 sprays. I could still smell it when I went to bed but close to the skin. Most of the day it performed well.

I get a little more incense than I would like but its not super strong and you cant tell it is a quality scent. It is a little spicy. I can also pick out the Myrrh. There is a lot going on and I cant pick up all the scents but I can pick out several. I like it a lot.

Today I am using a decant of

Illusions Noires Au Masculin Eau de Minuit Lolita Lempicka for men.

llusions Noires Au Masculin Eau de Minuit is a sensual oriental-woody fragrance
for men. It is made of top notes of ivy and anise, middle notes including myrrh,
woody notes of licorice wood and oud and base notes of vetiver and olive wood.

At first spray I thought WOW that is black licorice for sure

More to come on this one soon

Today
Amouage Opus VII
The fragrance features galbanum, pink pepper, cardamom, fenugreek, nutmeg,
amber, agarwood (oud), patchouli, leather, ambergris, costus, musk, sandalwood,
olibanum and cypriol oil or nagarmotha.

Opus VII
I liked this one a lot. A complex oud that changes throughout the day. The performance seemed very good as well. You must like oud to wear this one.
Today
Amouage Fate Men
The tart woody composition is brisk from the first notes. Top notes start with
saffron, wormwood, ginger, cumin and mandarin, which announce a strong heart
full of roses, olibanum, lavender, immortelle, labdanum and copahu balm. The
base closes with a deep and warm blend of tonka, labdanum, cedar, sandalwood,
musk and licorice.
Not sure I like it yet.....

Jason
Not a huge fan of AMEN here either. I dont like the tar in the opening and then it is way to sweet. Most of the flankers smell very much the same.
Today
Amouage Ciel Pour Homme
Top notes are lavender, lily-of-the-valley, bergamot and rose; middle notes are nutmeg, cinnamon, peach, jasmine and cardamom; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, incense and cedar

Amouage Ciel
I found the Lavender and Peach together to be a little strange. It did have some of the Amouage traditional scent but not much. Not typical Amouage performance either. It lasted a little past lunch but that was about it.

Today a new house to me
Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne
The perfume is composed of rare components. Heart encompasses precious agarwood and Canadian balm (made of fir tree). A handful of spices, aromas of which wave in warm, bitter and fresh nuances are framed with wood in heart and base. Spices make the composition deeper and multi-dimensional.
Top Notes
Juniper Berry, Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Cardamom, Coriander Seeds
Heart Notes
Oudh, Black Hemlock
Base notes
Vetiver, Cedar, Sandalwood, Musk

So far I like it a lot! The opening was a little citrus and spice. Now an hour later I am getting the cedar as well.

Amouage Ciel
I found the Lavender and Peach together to be a little strange. It did have some of the Amouage traditional scent but not much. Not typical Amouage performance either. It lasted a little past lunch but that was about it.

Today a new house to me
Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne
The perfume is composed of rare components. Heart encompasses precious agarwood and Canadian balm (made of fir tree). A handful of spices, aromas of which wave in warm, bitter and fresh nuances are framed with wood in heart and base. Spices make the composition deeper and multi-dimensional.
Top Notes
Juniper Berry, Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Cardamom, Coriander Seeds
Heart Notes
Oudh, Black Hemlock
Base notes
Vetiver, Cedar, Sandalwood, Musk

So far I like it a lot! The opening was a little citrus and spice. Now an hour later I am getting the cedar as well.

Well, this seems like a good combination of notes. I'm interested to hear how this fragrance "landed", so to speak.

I liked the scent a lot. It was kind of smokey and the dry down was Oud and woodsy with a little spice. The wife smelled it when I got home today. Not sure it would still project much though. Worth sampling but it is pricey.

Ormonde Man
I did some ward work yesterday and could still smell this after I changed my clothes. Performance seems pretty good.

Today
I have been wanting to try Tom Ford Santal Blush for women. Most reviews say its very masculine but I just couldn't do it. Sounds to powdery. I also wanted to try Amber Sultan from Serge Lutens. Another frag for women but many people say it should be unisex. I tried a dot but it just seemed to sweet for today and more of a winter scent. So
Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles it is
The composition incorporates pine needles, vetiver, bay leaf, spices, fruit and incense.
I got an opening of smokey incense and pine. We shall see how it goes for the rest of the day

Amouage Epic Man
I cant believe I have not posted this yet.
Its smokey and full of incense. The performance IMO is huge! The list of notes is also quote long!
Top Notes
Pink Pepper, Berry Essence, Frankincense, Cumin, Cardamom, Saffron, Mace, Nutmeg, Myrtle
Heart Notes
Geranium, Myrrh
Base notes
Oud, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Leather, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Musk, Castoreum

To me you can almost pick up all the notes but it is not easy. The smoke and incense are very up front and strong. I can detect the sandalwood and cedar but they are not dominate at all. You should sample it soon Jason

Jason, I understand being that busy!

Epic
I like it a lot! I mean I bought a bottle and the price stinks so I must like it. After several hours you can detect the woodsy scents and the incense and smoke calms down some. The performance - Projects well for several hours and can be detected very well at 12 or more hours. If you like incense that is not to sweet give it a try!

Okay, today is Epic Man by Amouage...again. This will be the 4th wearing and the first few wearings I just wasn't feeling it, but the more I've worn it, the more I like it. The woody open with incense and spice heart notes and I'm in love or at least heavy like. I can't see wearing this too often in this heat as it comes off just a bit heavy, but I will try it today as it's supposed to be mid 90's here and report back. At the very least I'll look for a bottle for Fall.

New set of samples inbound from Luckyscent. Trying to narrow down my next two bottles and want to spend more time with these;

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 - Eau de Parfum

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Aqua Vitae - Eau de Toilette

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Amyris Pour Homme - Eau de Toilette

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - APOM Pour Homme - Eau de Toilette

Xerjoff - Kobe - Eau de Parfum

Parfums de Marly - Herod - Eau de Parfum

Frapin -L'humaniste - Eau de Parfum

Mancera - Cedrat Boise - Eau de Parfum

Good to hear you at least like Epic. It is not a hot weather scent IMO but I love it it cool to cold weather. Your list looks like some great ones to try. I have only tried the Mancera one from your list but the others I have also wanted to try. We look forward to see your thoughts on those

I should add that it performed very well in the heat today. I ended up spending 4hrs cutting my Father's grass and I was a sweaty mess afterwards, and could still smell the Epic Man.

Picked up a couple oud samples and some western oud frag samples from TPC. Also received an interesting PIF from a member. I've tried each already, but I figured I'd run though them once before commenting.

First up is one of the westerns. Amouage's Homage Attar. A very nice rose and sweet musk fragrance, with some sandalwood. Basenotes says there's oud in there, but I don't detect it. I like it, but not one I'd buy. Definitely unisex, which is ok with me. I don't think this is one for day wear, or to the office (unless you work from home, which I do).

As requested - Amouage Interlude Man

From another site
woody fragrance that opens with zesty bergamot, oregano and pimento berry oil,
perpetuating intervals of conflict which are countered by aromatic notes of
amber, frankincense, opoponax, cistus and myrrh. Eternal notes of leather,
agarwood smoke, patchouli and sandalwood in the base add lasting layers of depth
and texture.

I have a small sample vial with the dabber stick. I only used the stick for a few swipes. A swipe to each wrist and some on my shirt. If I were to wear it like this all the time the little sample would last a long time.

I did get the bergamot in the opening but it was short lived. Man this stuff is "the stuff". Its HUGE! I love it.

I only wore this one other time and if the wife liked it I would consider this over Epic Man. If she changes her mind about it I will be buying some.

I have always thought that the house of Amouage is one of the greats when it comes to doing incense based scents and this is no exception. It reminds me a bit of the Dev series from Olympic Orchids a bit. The incense is smoky and a little sweet but not much sweetness. It is blended so well I cant stop smelling it. I don't get any oregano yet but other than that I agree with how things are ranked on fragrantica. Its a creamy incense with a touch of amber and oud.

I cant get over how good this is. I would consider paying full price but I have seen it at $155 and that is a steal if you compare it to other pricey scents.

Today
Dua Ecstasy on my left arm and Amouage Jubilation (vintage) on my right.

The Dua is supposed to smell like Jubilation. I have decants of both and the Jubilation is the non magnetic cap pre reformulation.

Dua in general seems to have a large following but also has a lot of people making all kinds of statements about how awful the house is. I am not someone who is going to talk about anyone in the way I have seen. I am strictly going to talk about the smell and performance itself and ignore all else.

Retail
Dua - 1oz $45
Jubilation - 3.4oz $305

Descriptions
Jubilation
Top notes are orange, coriander, labdanum, tarragon, olibanum and blackberry;
middle notes are guaiac wood, cinnamon, bay leaf, honey, orchid, rose, clove and
celery seeds; base notes are opoponax, patchouli, myrrh, cedar, musk, oakmoss,
ambergris, agarwood (oud) and immortelle.

Ecstasy
The fragrance features orange, coriander, labdanum, blackberry, cinnamon, honey,
rose, patchouli, myrrh, cedar, ambergris and agarwood (oud).

I have had them on for about an hour or just over.
The Dua seemed to have a little more blackberry in the opening but I almost could not tell them apart at all. I get a lot of incense in the traditional Amouage kind of way.

Right now I can not tell the difference at all. Just slightly sweet and berry like incense with a touch of oud. It seems like sometimes I am getting a lot of oud and others time not so much.

We will see how they perform. I may have to try it again tomorrow and switch arms.

This morning I am pretty sure I could detect one of the scents (Jubilation or the Dua Ecstasy)when I showered. I would guess it was the Dua since I sprayed that on more of my body yesterday.

Today I switched how I used the frags. Both decant sprayers are not that great so one good spray on my right of dua today. One the left and on my neck the Jubilation.

My thoughts so far remain the same. The Dua may have a little more black berry but other than that they seem to same to me.

This morning I am pretty sure I could detect one of the scents (Jubilation or the Dua Ecstasy)when I showered. I would guess it was the Dua since I sprayed that on more of my body yesterday.

Today I switched how I used the frags. Both decant sprayers are not that great so one good spray on my right of dua today. One the left and on my neck the Jubilation.

My thoughts so far remain the same. The Dua may have a little more black berry but other than that they seem to same to me.
Here is the big update

They both seemed to perform pretty well. I would go around 6 hours with some projection. I could smell both on my cloths and skin up close for around 12 hours. Given the big difference in price I would say that the Dua is worth a try before springing for the Amouage.

One thing to note however! I know for a fact that my Amouage Epic man gives me nasal fatigue. I mean, more than once I thought the scent was gone and the wife could smell it when I walked in the room after work. So MAYBE the Jubilation has done the same thing but I think the Dua may be a slightly better performer but it is a big maybe. This almost seems like the same stuff just from a different batch they are so close.

Now I have to test the other Amouage impressions that I have tried the original of. I do enjoy Duas interpretation of reflection but I have not tried the original.

If you are not already one of the Dua Haters Ecstasy is worth a sample. I dont think they sell them still but someone here or on one of the facebook groups I am sure could hook you up.

Cheers

Amoauge Interlude Man today. Either my nose has returned, or this stuff is blasting! Really nice smokey incense, with some sweet, but not over done musk. I do smell the oregano, and some sort of sweet fruit. Oud and sandalwood? Maybe later.

Top Bottom