What's new

I'm paranoid

...about my mug warmer.... In a separate post, Joel warned that ceramic mugs on mug warmers used to keep brushes toasty in between passes could be deleterious to the brush. Namely, that the ends of the bristles could get screwed up permanently.

Well, I have two brushes, both of which see the warmer. I was looking closely at the bristle tips, and I noticed a lot of them are "bent over". I'll attach a picture which I hope shows some of them. Could someone take a look at their brushes and tell me if they see the same thing? I am guessing that pressing down on the brush while lathering could produce the same effect, but I just want to make sure it is not the heat of the hot pot. Take a look and quell my paranoia, please, so I don't have to give up the warmer.

Thanks!

I see that.... but only one the one brush I own that I screwed up by a similar method of leaving my ceramic bowl in the boiling H20 to keep the brush piping hot :wink:

It should not have a major effect on the latherability of the brush - however with continued ceramic mug trips, I would presume it would get worse and worse - eventually making the brush somewhat worthless.

Lets see what others pipe in with!

Hi guys -

I have a silvertip that looks somewhat like that and has NEVER seen boiling water, hot pots, or whathaveyou...

Maybe mine's crap?!

Some of the tips of my C&E BBB look like this, and it's never in boiling water, or in a mug that's too hot, etc...In my case I think it comes from aggressive soap loading off triple milled.

Some of the tips of my C&E BBB look like this, and it's never in boiling water, or in a mug that's too hot, etc...In my case I think it comes from aggressive soap loading off triple milled.

You know, I have actually had mass hair breakage from doing the same thing. It usually only happens with the really fine silvertips though.

Top Bottom