What's new

My Guess... 3017

Just a quick update cause I haven't posted in a while. The Creed Santal is still going. Tub looks about 1/3 finished so average 3.5 uses every week means it should last Mr until 2018 sometime. Thankfully it smells awesome and works amazing. :)

Cheers

M

The puck of Haslinger is down to a ring around the outside edge of the Ikea container I put it in several weeks ago. I used a 26mm synthetic brush and had enough soap loaded for 4 passes within 30 seconds.

The lather was excellent, I will be pushing this puck of Haslinger to the bitter end.

Too the family up to Duluth for a few days. In the Dopp kit I packed my Weber razor with a fresh Astra, Speick cream, plissoft brush, and a sample of Nancy Boy blossomwood balm. Should be great!

Yeah. Don't need a push to abandon that Trumper's train, do you? The only English soaps I have remaining are MWF and Trumper's Coconut. I won't return to them until I have finished all of my creams.

I actually felt a little guilty breaking up the ring and tossing it. Stockholm Syndrome.
[MENTION=109834]hulkman[/MENTION], come on in, the water's fine!

Too the family up to Duluth for a few days. In the Dopp kit I packed my Weber razor with a fresh Astra, Speick cream, plissoft brush, and a sample of Nancy Boy blossomwood balm. Should be great!

I was just in Duluth yesterday afternoon.

Got back late last night from a 4 day fishing trip in the BWCA using Ely as our entrance point. We always hang our food as high in a tree as we can get it so bears don't get after it. Not high enough for the pair of adolescent bears that climbed the tree our food was in. That was the first night. Remainder of the trip we lived off the fish we could catch and instant oatmeal that survived the bear encounter. Had a great time!

We stopped by Canal Park on the way home to replenish our depleted bodies with greasy burgers and IPO's. Have a nice trip. Most people outside of the upper Midwest don't know what a hidden treasure Duluth is. Enjoy!

This thread is still going strong. I haven't posted in over a year and haven't really been keeping up with B&B in several years. I recall thinking when this thread was started that there was no way the OP would finish his journey through all his soaps. But, here this thread is, still active.

This thread is still going strong. I haven't posted in over a year and haven't really been keeping up with B&B in several years. I recall thinking when this thread was started that there was no way the OP would finish his journey through all his soaps. But, here this thread is, still active.

I read the entire thread over the last few months and I am amazed and humbled by what Mr Gold started and how much knowledge is contained in it. I wish I would have adopted this philosophy a long time ago. I've only got 4 month in but I learned more about shaving by sticking with one soap beginning to end then I learned in 3 years jumping from soap to soap. I don't see myself ever returning to my previous ways.

I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been James?
Doing well thanks. Still with the wet shaving hobby of course. But, I was using a brush and a cheap puck before I found B&B nearly nine years ago. I looked at the recent posts and didn't recognize any names from when I was active here. 3017 has taken my old thread "How many shaves to the bottom of a shave stick?" to a whole new level. I no longer have a bunch of soaps and creams in the shave den -- only Tabac and Castle Forbes lime. I used up everything from my acquisition disorder days. I only buy the things I really like now. And, to use a new term correctly I hope, I "3017" whatever soap or cream I buy. The Castle Forbes is for the 9 to 10 month summer we have in Dallas, and I like the Tabac in winter. Probably need to buy some Musgo though . . . How are things with you?

The Barberpole is no more. The mostly-new puck lasted 32 days and averaged 2.4g per shave. Absolutely loved each shave. Not sure of the results of everything that shook out with HTGAM (PAA I think now) but if their formula is similar to this old stuff, I'd most definitely buy it again. I managed to snag a puck of Fine AB soap in a trade, so I'll be very interested to compare the two soaps' scents.

Up next is a tub of RR For Chicago. First shave this morning went pretty well. Can't 100% place the scent, but definitely getting a light, floral scent along with some cherry marzipan a la Cella. Two days of growth were mowed down as SWMBO and I, along with my parents and future in laws spent 14 hours repainting every room of our new condo yesterday. Exhausted this morning but boy does the condo look good!

strop

Now half as wise
I no longer have a bunch of soaps and creams in the shave den -- only Tabac and Castle Forbes lime. I used up everything from my acquisition disorder days. I only buy the things I really like now.

Hmmm. 7 to 8 years to use up the AD supply. Sounds about what I have. Glad to know it is possible!

Speick was fantastic this morning. Top performing cream.

First day of the trip not so great. Son felt sick all day so he didn't eat and didn't want to do anything so we stayed at the hotel. Toddler got sick in the middle of the night and the hotel laundry is closed so we had to go get some laundry detergent and wash everything in the tub.

Hopefully day two goes better!

Speick was fantastic this morning. Top performing cream.

First day of the trip not so great. Son felt sick all day so he didn't eat and didn't want to do anything so we stayed at the hotel. Toddler got sick in the middle of the night and the hotel laundry is closed so we had to go get some laundry detergent and wash everything in the tub.

Hopefully day two goes better!

Sorry to hear about your kids not feeling well on the first day of the trip @Jarick. Hopefully today is better - it's definitely not a good time when the little ones don't feel well.

Last edited:
Called the CRSW Jardin d'Orange this morning. Just a thin ring left and it got smooshed into the Mystery Mix tub. Next up - Valobra Almond - this is the soft soap, kind of like Cella, packaged in the cardboard box. I mashed it into an old plastic tub.

I would definitely buy the CRSW again, it was a great artisan soap.

I'm calling it quits on the CF summer storm. I gave it a week and the shaves were just ok, plus the scent morphed from whatever it was (I got corn husk mostly) into something which reminded me of turpentine. I realized I was not even looking forward to shaving with it so away it goes. First 3017 fail but I'm adhering to the life is too short mantra.

Top Bottom