What's new

New Razorock Wunderbar Slant!

Love to hear how those that have them like them.

Can someone compare this to the S2 ATT razor?

Thanks,

Ken

Did they ship out anyone's order yet? I have tracking number since 12PM Friday, but it still says "Pre shipment info sent to USPS". So it's not yet in USPS' possession.

Did they ship out anyone's order yet? I have tracking number since 12PM Friday, but it still says "Pre shipment info sent to USPS". So it's not yet in USPS' possession.

I have contacted the USPS and have diverted all shipments to Chandler, AZ. :laugh: I will test the razor and if it passes inspection it will be sent to you.

Love to hear how those that have them like them.

Can someone compare this to the S2 ATT razor?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken,

I've got a Wunderbar on the way and I also own two versions of the ATT S2 - one more aggressive feeling than the other. Once I get the Wonderbar and have a shave with it, I'll give you my thoughts on how it compares with my S2s. My guess is that'll be around Wednesday, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Ken,

I've got a Wunderbar on the way and I also own two versions of the ATT S2 - one more aggressive feeling than the other. Once I get the Wonderbar and have a shave with it, I'll give you my thoughts on how it compares with my S2s. My guess is that'll be around Wednesday, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Is your Wunderbar shipped out? I have received tracking number but it only says "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" so mine is not yet in possession of USPS. I'm only like 200 miles away from IB's warehouse.

Last edited:
Well, I signed up for one, anyway. And I'll certainly post a comparison to my ATT S2 when/if I score a Wunderbar. My Stealth Slant is a favorite in my rotation and milder than the S2.

Is your Wunderbar shipped out? I have received tracking number but it only says "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" so mine is not yet in possession of USPS. I'm only like 200 miles away from IB's warehouse.

My order shows the same status as yours, and my notification is from before 10 AM yesterday, so I wouldn't worry. I expect they'll start showing up around Tuesday, possibly even Monday for some folks.

I have been looking at Razorock's past tweets about this razor and found out this information and pics.

This blade exposure looks much more than all previous Stealth slant versions. These pics are from September 2015 so geometry may have changed (or not) but Joe has said 1-2 weeks ago that it's more aggressive than medium, being 7/10. This blade exposure is similar to my Fasan OC slant. The Fasan somehow manages to be smooth despite of being an OC slant with a lot of blade exposure. Let's hope Wunderbar does the same.

$sept2015.jpg$sept2015 (2).jpg

Just got home and unpacked mine. Looks fantastic, the head is extremely well made and the handle is very nice as well. Blade exposure about the same as stealth, can't say with regards to the gap.

More later, shave happening here shortly......

Just shaved with the Wunderbar and used their cheapest $25 Badger brush and Wow I'm impressed by both. The razor feels almost like the Fatip Grande aggressive but very smooth and very efficient, probably 30% more efficient and smooth over the Fatip, its very hard to explain because it feels aggressive but no threatening at all, as far as the badger brush goes it just stumped all my other brushes in performance and is not even broken in.... Joseph never fails to blow my mind.

I cannot compare it to any other slant razor because I never tried slant before, but as of now it just blew all my other razors in performance...

Ok, rather than re-write from scratch, cause I'd dead tired, I'm cross posting something I wrote and posted on another forum. This was in answer to the question of how the Wunderbar compares to the ATT slants. It's not a full review, and I explain why I'm not doing that at this time, but hopefully it will satisfy some of the curiosity until other reviews start to pop.

Here we go:

"The problem with comparing to the ATT slants is that there are at least two versions which feel significantly different from one another. I have a 2015 S2 which, to me, feels rather aggressive. I also have a 2016 S2 that feels wonderfully smooth. They seem to shave about the same in terms of efficiency.

I shaved with my Wunderbar this evening, unfortunately there was a problem with the blade that I wasn't aware of until after I was finished. It's entirely possible the issue impacted how the Wunderbar shaved, so I don't want to give a review until I've had a few shaves with a new blade.

Keeping the above in mind, I will say that Wunderbar shaved me closer, quicker, than either of my ATT S2's, which have been my main razors over the last 2 months or so. Definitely more efficient on my facial hair. With 2 passes and no touch ups I got BBS on about 60% and DFS on the rest. Normally that would take touch ups and buffing with an S2, or a full third pass. No problems getting under the nose with the Wunderbar BTW, and I love that the head fully covers the blade side tabs.

Shaving feel was smooth but definitely significantly more aggressive than my mild feeling S2. Maybe a similar agressiveness level as my more aggressive S2, but a different type of feel.....hard to describe. Absolutely more aggressive feeling than the Stealth Slant V3/V4. I found the Stealth Slant fantastically efficient, Mowing through my facial hair easily and leaving my face staying smooth 6-8 hrs longer than when I shave with the ATT slant, or any of my other razors that I own for that matter. The Wunderbar seems equally efficient, but with a more aggressive feel. That said, I got, quite literally, 3-4 times more nicks shaving with the Wunderbar than I have ever had in a single shave with a DE razor - 7 or 8. Normally I get one in a known problem spot, and occasionally one somewhere else. Which takes me back to the blade anomaly I mentioned at the beginning. More shaves with a different blade or two will give me a more accurate view."

Ok, rather than re-write from scratch, cause I'd dead tired, I'm cross posting something I wrote and posted on another forum. This was in answer to the question of how the Wunderbar compares to the ATT slants. It's not a full review, and I explain why I'm not doing that at this time, but hopefully it will satisfy some of the curiosity until other reviews start to pop.

Here we go:

"The problem with comparing to the ATT slants is that there are at least two versions which feel significantly different from one another. I have a 2015 S2 which, to me, feels rather aggressive. I also have a 2016 S2 that feels wonderfully smooth. They seem to shave about the same in terms of efficiency.

I shaved with my Wunderbar this evening, unfortunately there was a problem with the blade that I wasn't aware of until after I was finished. It's entirely possible the issue impacted how the Wunderbar shaved, so I don't want to give a review until I've had a few shaves with a new blade.

Keeping the above in mind, I will say that Wunderbar shaved me closer, quicker, than either of my ATT S2's, which have been my main razors over the last 2 months or so. Definitely more efficient on my facial hair. With 2 passes and no touch ups I got BBS on about 60% and DFS on the rest. Normally that would take touch ups and buffing with an S2, or a full third pass. No problems getting under the nose with the Wunderbar BTW, and I love that the head fully covers the blade side tabs.

Shaving feel was smooth but definitely significantly more aggressive than my mild feeling S2. Maybe a similar agressiveness level as my more aggressive S2, but a different type of feel.....hard to describe. Absolutely more aggressive feeling than the Stealth Slant V3/V4. I found the Stealth Slant fantastically efficient, Mowing through my facial hair easily and leaving my face staying smooth 6-8 hrs longer than when I shave with the ATT slant, or any of my other razors that I own for that matter. The Wunderbar seems equally efficient, but with a more aggressive feel. That said, I got, quite literally, 3-4 times more nicks shaving with the Wunderbar than I have ever had in a single shave with a DE razor - 7 or 8. Normally I get one in a known problem spot, and occasionally one somewhere else. Which takes me back to the blade anomaly I mentioned at the beginning. More shaves with a different blade or two will give me a more accurate view."
can you post a picture of the problem you think you have?

I don't think, I know! Lol. I broke out my Opti-Visor and had a look under magnification to confirm what I thought I was seeing. I can't post any pictures because I removed the blade, replaced it with a new one (different brand) and the problem was resolved. I didn't want to take and post magnified photos, and start all sorts of controvesy, without first doing some trouble shooting to see if I could resolve the issue, or at least rule certain things out.

And for those wondering, I am not talking about the normal, designed, unequal blade exposure - I am well aware it is exactly as intended, and you couldn't adjust it if you tried on the Wunderbar, which is a good thing. This ain't my first slant razor Rodeo :cowboy:

Top Bottom