What's new

Introducing the Brown Leaf 2016 LE Pipe

Last I spoke with the maker, 13 is the number so far. He also said he doesn't collect until your pipe is finished. Also it will take a month or so to complete the pipes due to the complex carving and smooth finish for the top of the bowl. So those that need to sock away to afford it, you have time, payment won't be taken until your pipe is completed. This offering is limited to 30 pipes, or how ever many sells in the the 31 days from the introduction, so plenty of time to budget. I've got #10 on order, I think Hirsute got #1. I also want to mention that Paul didn't balk at donating the AP for the Sue auction, he was genuinely happy to do so. He's been following the forum and has seen what we do for the cause. Maybe he'll officially sign up when the LE sale is over.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Did I read that right?....Paul is donating the prototype to the Sue Moore Auction? :w00t:

Did I read that right?....Paul is donating the prototype to the Sue Moore Auction? :w00t:
Indeed. I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Paul has been an absolute pleasure to work with, and is the number one reason we have an LE pipe this year. The fact that he is a top notch craftsman and a true gentleman is just a bonus for all of us.

Last edited:

Indeed. I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Paul has been an absolute pleasure to work with, and is the number one reason we have an LE pipe this year. The fact that he is a top notch craftsman and a true gentleman is just a bonus for all of us.

That is very cool, makes me love this pipe that much more.

So super awesome of him! Still too soon after buying the first ever house for the wife and I for me to recover the funds so I can keep the LE collection perfect. I guess there's always hoping one will appear on the BST down the road someday. :lol:

Okay. That sells it. I am a life lone Larryson pipe fan. What a stand up guy and a tremendous craftsman.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the pipes will ship as they are completed, or will they all ship out roughly at the same time?

I believe they will be completed in batches, being an LE, he won't know how to number them until the final tally is known. Unless you guys don't care about the final count stamped on your pipe. He could stamp it "#2 of the 2016 B&B LE",as opposed to "#2 of 22 of the 2016 B&B LE". This could mean a big difference in the completion dates, so if one of youse wants to start a poll to decide on how you want them stamped, I'm open to the democratic process. These pipes will take a month or two regardless, the main difference would be when he could do the final stamping. He's also suggested that since its limited to 30, that anyone from B&B can continue to order the pipe past the one month deadline until we reach the 30 limit. I'm open to suggestions, and so is Paul, we understand a month may not be long enough to scratch up the cash for a pipe of this caliber, so if you guys think we should keep it open until it sells out, then we would just stamp them in the first suggested way, or just stamp them all "? of 30". Like I said, totally open to suggestions, but actuall purchasers opinions will count above others.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I personally like them stamped with the final count. I like seeing "1 of 22" or "1 of 30" and knowing that there's exactly that many (or few, really) out there in the world. Ultimately whatever folks decide will be fine, but those are my 2 cents.

I am going to love this baby either way, but my preference would be "X" of "X". I like being able to see just how LE it really is.

So super awesome of him! Still too soon after buying the first ever house for the wife and I for me to recover the funds so I can keep the LE collection perfect. I guess there's always hoping one will appear on the BST down the road someday. :lol:

If it means my favorite rat can get one, leave it open and number them as they come.

As already stated, I'm down with majority rules, but my preference would be to have the total stamped (#x of x). Consistent with previous editions, and I do think it emphasizes the "limited-ness" of the Limited Edition. I'd be cool with "X of 30" and leaving it open if it doesn't sell out - or, if I remember correctly, we had a late add-on the first year and somebody got #29 of 28, which I thought was kinda cool.

If it means my favorite rat can get one, leave it open and number them as they come.

:) I appreciate the thought, but nothing will recoup finances from buying a house fast enough for me to be in on this sweet pipe. It's ok, I've resigned myself to that.

I personally like them stamped with the final count. I like seeing "1 of 22" or "1 of 30" and knowing that there's exactly that many (or few, really) out there in the world. Ultimately whatever folks decide will be fine, but those are my 2 cents.
+1

I too like the idea of them being numbered X of X. Although I am chomping at the pit to get my hands on that gorgeous pipe, I will bite the bullet. But when it comes right down to it, there will only be 30 made. This is a pretty exclusive pipe specially crafted for this exclusive mob of tobacco loving miscreants. Of which I am proud to be counted!

Top Bottom