What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

Great shave today with # 749.

Scent: This soap has a nice blend of Cedarwood and Citrus with a note of pepper. The scent is very well rounded and smells like a fine cologne. Scent strength is very good and stuck around for an hour or two after the shave.

Performance: Readily whipped into a beautiful lather. Not a lot of product is required to produce a beautiful, protective lather. Peaks very nicely. Cushion and slickness were very good. Left my face feeling very soft and hydrated.

proxy.php

Love this one. Nice choice

I'd like to review two of the sample only soaps. I tried 124 yesterday and 127 for today's shave. Both are very nice additions to the box and I'm very glad I was able to try them. I believe 127 has been discontinued, however it it supposedly available under a different name.

124- This one comes from a French artisan. The scent is very appealing to my nose. I mainly pick up lavender with some other spicy herbal notes at play in the background. The scent maintained well throughout the shave.
Consistency is fairly soft. Lathered up very nicely with abundant peaks. Slickness was very good, but I would have liked this lather too have a bit more cushion, it was a bit "airy" for my liking. Overall, I enjoyed this one quite a bit, and wouldn't hesitate to purchase in the future.

127- This soap is a hard consistency and made in Germany. This one is rose scented. The scent profile is very well done and was an instant favorite of mine. I would rate the scent strength at medium.
Performance was good. I was able to make a nice and voluminous lather with ease. Slickness was good, but like # 124, I was not able to make the lather as creamy and "cushiony" as I like. Face felt a bit dry after the shave, but I sure did enjoy the shave and the beautiful rose scent.

I just want to test out 2 or 3 more soaps, so I plan on getting my takes / adds approved Wednesday or Thursday and getting the box out to @tarrant by the end of the week.

oh dear. Its becoming 'real' the bright light at the end of the long tunnel.

Im on vacation till next Wednesday night, sounds like it should arrive right on time!

Here are two more reviews from yesterday's and today's shave before I send the box off tomorrow:

# 132 (Sample only) - This soap comes from an Italian artisan. I was thrilled when I saw this one in box, as I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Scent: Floral and spicy top notes with a warm amber and patchouli base note. Very unique and very appealing to my sniffer. Scent strength is high.

Performance: This is a vegan base soap but it lathers up very slick and creamy, much like a tallow based soap. Consistency is very soft, close to a cream. The lather provided great protection throughout the shave. No nicks or weepers with this soap. This sample makes a great addition to the box and I would definitely consider purchasing a full tub in the future.

# 760 - This soap also comes from an Italian maker, and is triple-milled and vegan based. Another amazing addition to the box.

Scent: Very well blended scent. Citrus, floral, and herbal notes are all at work. Lavender, sage, vetiver, and patchouli are pronounced. Scent is terrific, I only wish the strength was a bit stronger.

Performance: Very slick and very creamy. Lathers up very quickly. Glide, protection, and cushion are all terrific. No problems lathering despite my hard water. Another terrific soap.

Here are my takes from the box:
proxy.php

# 760 - Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
# 737 - RazoRock XXX

My adds:

# 761 - A great tallow based soap which is no longer produced.
# 762 - This one is made by my favorite soap maker, another tallow soap, and has a great barbershop style scent.
# 763 - Another tallow based soap from a terrific American artisan. This scent is great for warm days.

Box is all packed up and on its way to tarrant.

Here are my takes from the box:
proxy.php

# 760 - Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
# 737 - RazoRock XXX

My adds:

# 761 - A great tallow based soap which is no longer produced.
# 762 - This one is made by my favorite soap maker, another tallow soap, and has a great barbershop style scent.
# 763 - Another tallow based soap from a terrific American artisan. This scent is great for warm days.

Box is all packed up and on its way to tarrant.

Well that didn't take long! Great picks!

Can I get in on this? And how ?

Which passaround are you interested in? This one that we're posting in or the soap sample passaround?

Either way the process is the same. You subscribe to the thread and when the signups list is available you put your name on the spot you want and repost the list.

Here's a link to the sample passaround box: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...g-a-soap-sample-passaround-box-signups/page46

And for this one just follow this thread that were posting in and wait for signups to open up.

My oh my! Pandoras Box has been opened. So overwhelmed by everything inside. Just got home from a long day of work and did a quick look and some sniff tests and am quite excited. With the exception of one item, ive never tried any other the others. This is going to be a fun week!

More impressions to follow...

My oh my! Pandoras Box has been opened. So overwhelmed by everything inside. Just got home from a long day of work and did a quick look and some sniff tests and am quite excited. With the exception of one item, ive never tried any other the others. This is going to be a fun week!

More impressions to follow...

Don't forget about the sample only soaps as some are some of the very best stuff available. Some of them are very high end soaps or unobtainium.

Sorry for the delay my girlfriend and I did the sniff test last night and I will be updating with bot of our opinion tomorrow on the ones we liked/loved!

I felt like a kid at Christmas.

Which passaround are you interested in? This one that we're posting in or the soap sample passaround?

Either way the process is the same. You subscribe to the thread and when the signups list is available you put your name on the spot you want and repost the list.

Here's a link to the sample passaround box: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...g-a-soap-sample-passaround-box-signups/page46

And for this one just follow this thread that were posting in and wait for signups to open up.

Link no longer works and I cannot find the thread any more. I went back 13 pages in the soap forum and didn't see it.
[MENTION=91183]tarrant[/MENTION]
If you have only tried 1 of the soaps from the box do you have a strategy for what you will be trying first or will the sniff test be your main guide?
The reason I ask is because just a few months ago I would have gone for tallow first and now I would go for veggie first... It's all very individual. I'm glad to hear you opened up Pandoras box, it's a great feeling!!! Looking forward to your reviews.

Link no longer works and I cannot find the thread any more. I went back 13 pages in the soap forum and didn't see it.
[MENTION=91183]tarrant[/MENTION]
If you have only tried 1 of the soaps from the box do you have a strategy for what you will be trying first or will the sniff test be your main guide?
The reason I ask is because just a few months ago I would have gone for tallow first and now I would go for veggie first... It's all very individual. I'm glad to hear you opened up Pandoras box, it's a great feeling!!! Looking forward to your reviews.

He's right, David - the sample pass around thread appears to be missing. I was subscribed to it and it's not showing in my list now. Might be a Tapatalk issue or maybe we ran afoul of the moderators and they deleted us!!! ;)

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. It would be a shame if it's lost as there were some great discussions in that thread.

He's right, David - the sample pass around thread appears to be missing. I was subscribed to it and it's not showing in my list now. Might be a Tapatalk issue or maybe we ran afoul of the moderators and they deleted us!!! ;)

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. It would be a shame if it's lost as there were some great discussions in that thread.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. It seems that I am also no longer subscribed to that thread. I checked David's posts and went back far enough that I am sure I would have seen a post of his in it and did not. Let me see if I can ask a question or two and try to figure out what happened.

Top Bottom