What's new

Millennials

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Saw this cute and funny poke at Millennial stereotypes and thought it was great.
Moreover, the artist, Micah Tyler, is a pretty amazing talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great. Thanks for posting. Not only is he creative, but a pretty good voice as well. Got my Friday off to a great start!

Millennial here. While this video is meant to be funny(and it is), it makes me hate my generation more every time I see something like this. It's all so very damned true that it's depressing.
Millennial here.
+1
*laughter
*tears

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I watched this (the artist is a Millennial himself) and have come to the conclusion that if you're a millennial and find this funny then you probably don't fit the stereotype. If it makes you mad rather than makes you laugh...

My intent wasn't to insult Millennials, but to share a humorous video, and highlight the talent of the artist.
Every generation has their "These kids today..." perspective.

Do the best you can and don't be pigeon-holed.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
pi·geon·hole (pĭj′ən-hōl′)
n.
1. A small compartment or recess, as in a desk, for holding papers; a cubbyhole.
2. A specific, often oversimplified category.
3. The small hole or holes in a pigeon loft for nesting.

tr.v. pi·geon·holed, pi·geon·hol·ing, pi·geon·holes
1. To place or file in a small compartment or recess.
2. To classify mentally; categorize.
3. To put aside and ignore; shelve.

That was good stuff. I wonder what he could do with gen x stuff. Because our generation had absolutely nothing to make fun of only pain and angst.:001_smile

Pretty funny vid, thanks for the laugh!

I'm Gen X and when I hire new employees, you can see the Millennials a mile away, they seem to leave an invisible halo around them, which I tend to stay away for the most part!

I did manage to hire a hard working kid from that gen a few years ago, he was raised well by a hard working European family and is one of the hardest working employees I have, who I also compensate the highest during annual reviews for that reason!

I wasn't insulted in the least. I am a tax paying(no refunds for me!) citizen and it angers me that a ridiculous amount of my peers can't seem to get a grip on reality. In the end, it's the ones like myself that will end up paying for it... Or them, whatever. I feel it's going to be a tough world to put my kids into when their time comes. I do NOT raise them with a 'millennial' ideology

This is about where I am, too. I'm a late-20s millennial contemplating bringing children into the world, and a huge discussion my wife and I have is how we're going to structure our children's interactions with the world. I know so many friends from age 20-35 who are massively struggling with the basics of adult life, and I don't think that their victim mentality and (lack of) work ethic are things that I want my children exposed to. At some level it's frustrating, but it's also something that's hard to blame them for. They didn't ask to be raised without being challenged to grow a sense of personal responsibility.

I think the most frustrating part is when they sneer at me because I must have been "lucky" to achieve independence from my parents. That is the most demeaning part, especially coming from friends who saw how hard I have worked through high school, college, and beyond in order to provide what I can for my family.

All that being said, I also got the conflicted feeling from the video. On one hand, it's hilarious and on point. On the other hand, it makes me sad to think about all of my friends and acquaintances that are the epitomization of the stereotype in that video.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There have been, and always will be, people who do and people who not take advantage of opportunities that are presented to them.
I know very lazy people that range in age from <10 to >70, so no generation is immune.
Likewise, I know some very industrious and motivated millennial types.
People who want to succeed, with some exceptions, will.
I do think that Millennials were raised by helicopter parents who didn't present their kids with the full facts about how the real world operates, and for that, the parents share some of the blame, but once you get down to it, it's up to the individual to seize the brass ring as it goes by.

Top Bottom