What's new

Just took the plunge! Ordered a Whipped Dog 30mm Silvertip!

Ok, so i am a bit excited...very excited. I own so many Boar brushes, and only a couple of average badger brushes - EJ Best Badger, too scratchy for me, and a cheaper Semogue 2010 badger brush which is actually better than the EJ, funnily enough.

Anyway, i have always wanted a nice Silvertip badger brush...a big one, just hit my face with a cloud...a kiss of an angel, whatever...i want it! :lol:. I just had my 30th birthday, and recieved a bit of money, and decided to blow it on a new Whipped Dog brush! No other brush manufacturer seems to even come close in price - a ordered a 30mm Silvertip knot, in an 'Ivory' resin handle, drilled down to 7-8mm - as recommended by Larry at WD. Larry is seriously the nicest guy!! So, so helpful, and just super kind.

Just placed the order/paymend, all up $56USD, really can't wait! Feel free to share your love for WD, include photos, or whatever you wish :) spur this fire!! :biggrin1:

I'm still loving the 22mm silvertip I purchased from Larry. Great bang for your buck and great guy to deal with. Quick with a response any time you email him. I'm thinking about picking up one of his sight unseen straight razors.

Congratulations! I just got a 22mm Silvertip drilled 10mm deep from WD. I have not tried it yet. (Burgundy handle)

Sounds awesome! Let us know how it work out.

For those who already have silvertips from Whipped Dog, how is it? Any shedding or other issues? It sounds like a great value.

I'm still loving the 22mm silvertip I purchased from Larry. Great bang for your buck and great guy to deal with. Quick with a response any time you email him. I'm thinking about picking up one of his sight unseen straight razors.

I haven't even got my brush yet, but Larry has been such a nice guy, AND his postage price overseas (in this case to Australia) is only $5, so i know im already planning to buy other things from him. I have a beautiful piece of Olivewood in my shop that i want to turn into a handle, and i have a feeling i will be buying a knot from him in the very near future! :)

Congrats. Enjoy.
Good man! Enjoy! :thumbup:
Thanks gents!

Congratulations! I just got a 22mm Silvertip drilled 10mm deep from WD. I have not tried it yet. (Burgundy handle)
Ah yes, i have just seen your post! i am keen to see photos of yours once you manage to get to it.
Im curious how much 'work' it'll take to start the cleaning, conditioning and de-funking process :)

Im curious how much 'work' it'll take to start the cleaning, conditioning and de-funking process :)
The defunking on mine was pretty quick and easy. Larry supplied some Oxi Clean with the brush and some defunk instructions. It took about 15-20 minutes and the smell was mostly gone. Eliminated completely after a couple shaves. :thumbup1:

The defunking on mine was pretty quick and easy. Larry supplied some Oxi Clean with the brush and some defunk instructions. It took about 15-20 minutes and the smell was mostly gone. Eliminated completely after a couple shaves. :thumbup1:

Perfect! Glad to hear it :) I had heard Larry provides a sachet of Oxi Clean, so that's great. Really a full service on Larry's part.
Thanks for that!

Top Bottom