What's new

Swedish Gillette Source

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have purchased Israeli Personnas, Derby Extras, and Feathers in lots of 100.

What's the problem with Euro Gillettes?

The only two places to reliabily get "Swedish" Gillettes, those with the Scandanavian cities listed on the packaging is:

http://auravita.com
http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.co.uk/

There are some that claim the blades from the ebay source are the same thing. I've ordered some and will be checking them out. I've been told Gillettes are only made in China and India. I have yet to figure out what are from where.

John,
The Windsor source certainly appears to have the most reasonable price I have seen for the Euro (Swedish origin) Gillettes.. Auravita, formerly my source, has apparently found new fun and profits through excessive mailing fees. I was unpleasantly surprised to see Auravita's new shipping fees when LetterK brought them up.

guenron said:
John,
The Windsor source certainly appears to have the most reasonable price I have seen for the Euro (Swedish origin) Gillettes.. Auravita, formerly my source, has apparently found new fun and profits through excessive mailing fees. I was unpleasantly surprised to see Auravita's new shipping fees when LetterK brought them up.

Oeffff talk about a major bummer....

Guys you can get 100 Derby;s from me only $5. shipping fee a mere $23,50
what a deal aint it ,second 100 pack only shipps for extra $12,50 ? :w00t:

you have no idea what I want to do with this kind of practitioners ! some can be found at ebay aswell .

I got my swedish gillettes from Auravita.

I wonder if it's worth getting a cheap flight to Stockholm and buying a whole bulkload to bring back :ihih:

It would be cool if IKEA sold them :thumbup:

You could choose to go to Copenhagen for your Swedish Gillettes. :001_smile

It's one of the few blades that are readilly available here in Denmark. The cost around 25-30 dKr (= $5-6) for 5 blades.
I think it is too much for too little - and besides I love my Derby Extras. :biggrin:

Pan

By the Law of Supply and Demand, when an item or commodity becomes too costly, people either buy less, or find an alternative.

The "Swedes" are made in the same Petersburg Products plant in St. Petersburg, Russia that makes the 7o'clock SharpEdge (Yellow wrapper), and the red card, ordinary blades sold in Rite Aid stores at the ripoff rate of $6.99 for a 10-pack.

Since returning to DE shaving last spring, I have tried Derbys, Crystals, Dorco 300's, Dorco 301's, Super Iridiums, Treet Classics, Schick Krona Chromes (NOS), Schick Plus Platinums (NOS), Wilkinson UK LB's (NOS), and Gillette 7o'clock yellows.

I have decided on Dorco 301's and Treet Classics for daily shaving, with an occasional 7o'clock yellow thrown in. Crystals and Derbys work for me too, but I've decided to limit my stockpile. Based on my own experience, and professional, consistent reviews elsewhere on the Web, the 7o'clock yellow is the best blade to come out of the St. Petersburg Russia plant, including the "Swede," Super Iridium, red card Gillettes, and a few other brands. IMHO the 7o'clock Yellow is one of the best blades out there, period.

I haven't tried a "Swede," but for the life of me I can't see going out of my way for a blade that costs twice as much as a 7o'clock yellow, and in at least one expert opinion isn't as good.

The "Swedes" are made in the same Petersburg Products plant in St. Petersburg, Russia that makes the 7o'clock SharpEdge (Yellow wrapper), and the red card, ordinary blades sold in Rite Aid stores at the ripoff rate of $6.99 for a 10-pack.

The "Swedes" are made in Poland, in Lodz for the Western European market - seen it with my own eyes. The other "Super Platinums" that you see are made in St. Petersburg & Shanghai for the rest of the world.

proxy.php

Made in Poland

proxy.php

Made in St. Petersburg & Shanghai

The "Swedes" are made in Poland, in Lodz for the Western European market - seen it with my own eyes. The other "Super Platinums" that you see are made in St. Petersburg & Shanghai for the rest of the world.

Do you by any chance know where the Gillette Bleue Extra blades are made?

By the Law of Supply and Demand, when an item or commodity becomes too costly, people either buy less, or find an alternative.

Since returning to DE shaving last spring, I have tried Derbys, Crystals, Dorco 300's, Dorco 301's, Super Iridiums, Treet Classics, Schick Krona Chromes (NOS), Schick Plus Platinums (NOS), Wilkinson UK LB's (NOS), and Gillette 7o'clock yellows.

I have decided on Dorco 301's and Treet Classics for daily shaving, with an occasional 7o'clock yellow thrown in. Crystals and Derbys work for me too, but I've decided to limit my stockpile. Based on my own experience, and professional, consistent reviews elsewhere on the Web, the 7o'clock yellow is the best blade to come out of the St. Petersburg Russia plant, including the "Swede," Super Iridium, red card Gillettes, and a few other brands. IMHO the 7o'clock Yellow is one of the best blades out there, period.

I haven't tried a "Swede," but for the life of me I can't see going out of my way for a blade that costs twice as much as a 7o'clock yellow, and in at least one expert opinion isn't as good.

Where do you get your 7'Oclock yellows from??

:rolleyes: Who's the "expert" you refer to? If you are going to throw comments around like that, please add a reference or footnote or.......something!

Find what works for you and use what works for you, but for God's sake don't pontificate on a subject you aren't even educated on.

Commenting on a product you haven't even tried is......well.......just plain ridiculous.

To the OP.........West Coast has them. I buy from them via the net and have had nothing but prompt delivery and excellent service. 25 blades for $22.00 is kind of pricey for a razor blade, but even in these Tough Economic Times.....$1.00 a week is still less than .04% of what I spend on coffee so............you be the judge.

When unemployment is back to 30% and I'm standing in a soup line every day I'll just stick with my straight razors......until then even I can afford a buck a week for a perfect shave every time.

Top Bottom