What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

When I started back into shaving with a DE I never seen this commercial (stopped watching the show as well years ago). I did however run across it in a Target. So I unboxed it to see what it was and how it felt. I thought the razor itself seemed to be made decently made but the handle was too short for me.

I just got one for Christmas. My first safety razor. I chopped my head to pieces! Hopefully I just need different blades than the ones that come with it. Maybe an angle issue?

I just got one for Christmas. My first safety razor. I chopped my head to pieces! Hopefully I just need different blades than the ones that come with it. Maybe an angle issue?

Perhaps more than angle, maybe pressure? It is a very mild razor, and I think a little pressure is needed, but I certainly can not cut myself with it.

Or maybe it's damaged / defective? I agree that it's a very mild razor. You shouldn't be able to cut yourself very easily.

Have you watched how-to videos? Here is one. Also anything by mantic59.

I bought one just to try, didn't like it but maybe because I'm used to my fat boy! Also the blades it came with didn't work for me.

I bought one just to try. 20 dollars, why not right? Its ok. I think its one of those things that if you like it you'll move up. If you don't, you'll go back to cartridge or ect... Its not as aggressive as even a 23c. But my dad uses it now and he likes it. He used throw away types, but not anymore. I've always been a DE guy myself. I got it from my great grandpa. But so far in my opinion, its something that will help the revival in the end.

The MicroTouch was my first DE razor and I still use it when I want a mild shave. I like to use it with Derby Extra blades and Proraso Red soap.

I continue to get great shaves from this razor. I have a SuperSpeed as my primary razor, but every time I break out this razor I get an outstanding and comfortable shave.

Hello everybody I am a longtime lurker but I just started an account so i can post! I just picked this up yesterday at my local CVS. The first shave was pretty smooth with no nicks. It doesn't seem like this razor is aggressive at all. for a little background I've been using shave soaps with a brush and a mug for the past 3 years now but i never made the jump to a DE from my mach 3 until a client of mine started talking to me about shaving. He convinced me to make the jump so here I am. I am looking forward to going down this rabbit hole now!

Ken

Hello everyone. I'm new to the wet shaving and this site. I picked up one of the MTO razors and the Van Der Hagen shave soap kits. The worst part of the MTO was the Dorco blades in my opinion. I found some Gillette platinum plus blades at Walgreens that worked much better for me.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the wet shaving and this site. I picked up one of the MTO razors and the Van Der Hagen shave soap kits. The worst part of the MTO was the Dorco blades in my opinion. I found some Gillette platinum plus blades at Walgreens that worked much better for me.
Hey. Same here. I don't mind the razor but he blades aren't the best. I like the Gillette Platinum plus, too. Easy to get without ordering online and I have found them at both Walgreens and some Publix stores. The Van der Hagan shave butter is pretty good. Personnally I like Cremo and a caffeinated one you can get at Target by Pacific Shave company. I might find a different bowl (I got the kit with the deep apothecary one) since it's a little hard to work in for me. Thought about the kit with the palm bowl just for the bowl but I don't need the brush and cream works better. I just go with either my palm or directly on my face. I've been having fun just trying different scents and razors. Welcome to the site.

Last edited:
Hey. Same here. I don't mind the razor but he blades aren't the best. I like the Gillette Platinum plus, too. Easy to get without ordering online and I have found them at both Walgreens and some Publix stores. The Van der Hagan shave butter is pretty good. Personnally I like Cremo and a caffeinated one you can get at Target by Pacific Shave company. I might find a different bowl (I got the kit with the deep apothecary one) since it's a little hard to work in for me. Thought about the kit with the palm bowl just for the bowl but I don't need the brush and cream works better. I just go with either my palm or directly on my face. I've been having fun just trying different scents and razors. Welcome to the site.

I don't mind the MTO razor and a t does great with the Gillette blades. I just ordered another shave set from Stirling Soap and several blades. I was going to buy soap samples, blades, and a new brush, but it was a better deal to get the Basic kit. I just wish the Gillette were a little cheaper.

I don't mind the MTO razor and a t does great with the Gillette blades. I just ordered another shave set from Stirling Soap and several blades. I was going to buy soap samples, blades, and a new brush, but it was a better deal to get the Basic kit. I just wish the Gillette were a little cheaper.
Go to www.tryablade.com they have a huge selection, great prices, and fast shipping. You can buy single blades, or your favorites in bulk. You can also try west coast shave. They also have a nice selection.

I've got an MTO and a Weshi that are indistinguishable. So frankly I don't know which one is which any more.

But I've been using one of them exclusively for about five months.

It's a damn fine razor.

Top Bottom