What's new

Cult of Palmolive

This Cult has been dormant for over a year- but no longer. Time for the Spring Membership Drive. I just saw on US Ebay that a UK pharmacy is selling sticks for under $3 USD delivered to the States so there's no reason for the Yanks not to join in. Granted, its not like getting it for 48p at Tesco or 55 cents at Dunne's Stores but its still a fair price. I fill my suitcase with Palmolive each summer when I return to Ireland to work & see my family.

We should have a swap in which North Americans & Europeans send pucks of Williams Mug Soap and Palmolive sticks to each other.

That is where I buy mine. $2.89 shipped to the US. Just ordered two more on Weds.

It is good stuff. Where did you first encounter Palmolive--how did you get started using it?

Only been using it about 2 months actually. Kept hearing good things about it and was watching a recent video by PaulH on Youtube and he was using it and decided to stop procrastinating. I had an empty soap tin and grated mine and pressed it into it. Never cared for lathering from the stick on my face. Just a personal preference. But, this stuff is a lather monster.

Only been using it about 2 months actually. Kept hearing good things about it and was watching a recent video by PaulH on Youtube and he was using it and decided to stop procrastinating. I had an empty soap tin and grated mine and pressed it into it. Never cared for lathering from the stick on my face. Just a personal preference. But, this stuff is a lather monster.
I'm happy that you found it and that you like it, Of all of the lads making shaving videos I find Paul's to be the most entertaining, and they're even relaxing to watch. He really knows how to play to the camera, and has a great personality. I love his enthusiasm for tradition and his excitement at the scent of his soaps or aftershaves. I really enjoy them.

I picked up a .65p Palmolive 'Gut 2,2' stick with my last online Tesco shop. It lathers just as easy as Arko but to me offers a better glide. It punches way above it's weight and must be the best value option for a top quality soap.

Why isn't there a Cult of Palmolive?

View attachment 276482

Wanna join? The paddle is tallowy soft!

i love my Palmolive minty and in a tube. May I be part of this Cult?

It's great. Works really well for lather and seems to keep skin moist after shave. Beautifully slick. Shaved with it this very evening and ended up with a bbs. Am I in?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, i live in Palmolive Country, use it often enough and yes, it is of course very good soap, unspectacular but really cheap and pretty good. Even divine, sometimes. Am I in?:001_tt1::001_tt1:

Karl

I've used it in the past- it's a very good soap for the price. I mash them up into a ramacan dish.

The aroma is also pleasant, it reminds me of a European men's fragrance, similar to Nivea's offerings.

If I lived in Europe and got this stuff for around the equivalent of a dollar or so, I don't think I'd use anything else.

Good to pop in on a club for this simple, but venerable shave soap. After spending some months dedicating myself to finishing some Mystic Waters shave soap and a Tabac Stick, I stumbled across a tin of grated Palmolive and had at it. I was rewarded with an easy, slick lather with that great Palmolive scent.

Palmolive is one of those great shave products that remind us that great shaves can be had for pennies a day.

Top Bottom