What's new

This Tuesday is FAT Tuesday

Gentlemen:
I propose that we join in with all those Mardi Gras celebrations by having one of our own on Fat Tuesday, by of course, using MWF for our shave that day. In times past, since every day of Lent was a day of abstinence (except Sundays) every household consumed and removed from their homes all meat and even foods that derived from animals, including eggs and dairy products.

FAT TUESDAY=
proxy.php

Gentlemen:
I propose that we join in with all those Mardi Gras celebrations by having one of our own on Fat Tuesday, by of course, using MWF for our shave that day. In times past, since every day of Lent was a day of abstinence (except Sundays) every household consumed and removed from their homes all meat and even foods that derived from animals, including eggs and dairy products.

FAT TUESDAY=
proxy.php
Shrove Shave!

Come one, come all. Every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday! http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/352266-The-Order-of-the-Fat

Gentlemen:

FAT TUESDAY=
proxy.php

Gentlemen:

FAT TUESDAY=
proxy.php
Does this mean that Catholics can't use tallow based soaps from Ash Wednesday until Easter? ;-)
The best part of Lent is abstaining from meat. Its a real sacrifice to give up burgers and hotdogs to eat smoked salmon, grilled swordfish, mussels in garlic & white wine, or a beautifully broiled filet of sole. Bring it on! I love asceticism!

Folks....I am comfortably hunkered down on my patio thru Ash Wednesday, doing all I can to stay out of the craziness. Gave up on the crowd and parade scene some years ago when the kids were old enough to go out on their own. Weather here is gorgeous, dry, sunny and a bit windy. Mid 50's. Sittin in my swing bundled up with my ipad so I can visit with all of you and learn more about this crazy activity we pursue so ardently!! Happy Mardi Gras to all!!

Top Bottom