What's new

Move over metrosexual's, The rise of the Lumbersexuals are upon us

I personally like beards , and have worn a beard , had to shave it for a job , had to support my family , Starbucks and MacDonalds weren't options , I didn't mind , I totally understood , it was my choice to shave and get the job or not and not be hired . My Son-N-Law has a beard that puts all I've seen on here to shame . He's cool . I just did a search , I knew what a Metrosexual was , but not a Lumbersexual , the pictures came up , I posted one . A Bunch of Great Guys have huge bushy beards , no problem if they like them (it can take work) , but the fashion statement as a whole , playing viking , pirate , lumberjack , and gamer couch potato/tough guy ... 2+2+2=10 doesn't add up , but I guess it's a style choice , like trying to look like a rock star was in the 70s , disco king for some in the late 70s or Urban Cowboy , 80s weirdo (was that the punk thing or the glam thing ?) , and on and on (goths ?) , Trendies . ... many people get caught in the trap at a young age , kids just stay kids into their 30s , now , or many do , and some longer . Relying on Mom for a roof , warmth , food , laundry service , toilet paper , babysitter for their prodigy , gas and party money , and stuff , ... not growing up as other generations did , some , not All . ... we used to say "the smeller's the teller" , the dog that yelps the loudest is the one that got hit . If , and I mean IF this is your choice , don't be offended , it's not personal , it's an opinion some have , but not all . Google Lumbersexual and Hipster and see what pops up . ... no one here coined it I don't think .

Most of us have had our own goofiness at some point growing up and beyond . I personally love plaid , and flannel , jeans , boots , have a stache , wear a hat , not to imitate anyone , it's me , if someone says (and have) your glasses are goofy looking , or why is your moustache so long , I just say because I want it that way , or whatever reason it is . On the glasses , I said because you weren't there to help me pick out what looks Best . Haha ! It didn't bother me , I wished they had been there . I did the best I could with my likes and dislikes , I don't think they look as bad as that person said (I didn't ask if they liked them or not , but was comfortable with them expressing their opinion) , but Who cares ? (I've received more compliments than negative comments , but ...) , just their opinion . I wasn't offended . I could use a personal shopper ! Haha !

... nothing was meant as a personal insult at an individual , please forgive if you took offense to it as a personal insult , it truly wasn't . But I laugh when I see old pictures of me with long hair and bellbottoms , it's funny , or I think it is . You can be laughed at , or laugh with others seeing the humor in it . ... I have a brother who was a male model , and has a huge ego , if you say anything of what your opinion is to his choice of goofy clothing he gets mad , cusses , ends up crying like a little girl and leaving offended , when you were just trying to be helpful , not cut him down . He stand out like a sore thumb in a small southern town after 35 years in Boston and the corporate jet setting scene , but that's the truth . Don't mow the yard in a black silk jogging outfit with your bling showing in a small town country rural southern community , people will wonder what's wrong with you ? When in Rome ... , you know ? But don't be offended if someone asks why ? It just looks odd ... , weird . He was a Yuppie . Haha ! Remember them ? Everything on the outside for show , but nothing on the inside that really counts . But I hope that changes , I still love him . ... for that matter I love and care about everyone , you need anything I have , it's yours , including Help , and no charge for it at all . And at the very least I give a kind word , a smile , and a compliment about something whoever you are ... usually , unless I'm having a bad day myself . It happens to the best of us . Please don't be offended by a person's opinion , nothing personal is meant . I just take it for what it's worth . 2 cents ... not much . Haha ! Opinions are like ... , you know , everybody has one . ... someone may wear a power ranger outfit , cool with me , but ... haha ! It would be funny ...

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abide Faith , hope , and love , these three ; but the greatest of these is love .

$Lumbersexual.jpg

​Here's just one ...

Or...choose your clothing, get ridiculed by complete strangers in a cowardly manner, and get pissed about said ridicule.

Ridicule me face to face, and we are going to have a bad day. Hide behind a fake persona or in the corner with your friends, and hope it stays behind my back...where cowards belong...

It's all a matter of perspective...

Yes, it is all a matter of perspective. When I grew up I quit caring what others thought about what I wore on a given day. I also learned to accept that people will think what they will...talk behind others backs...and generally behave poorly. Humans always have...and always will. A part of growing as a person is understanding this and having the emotional maturity to rise above it and not be concerned what others think. Life is much easier when that level of maturity is gained.

Cheers.

I think I saved a picture of some other Lumbersexuals , but some look like vikingsexuals ...

$foamik.jpg$A-hipster-with-the-slicked-back-undercut-hairstyle-and-a-full-beard.jpg$th-39.jpeg$th-40.jpeg

I saw it was a celebrity trendy thing ... , nice beard on the one guy , but the prison tattoos and ear bobs I don't get .

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It used to be all you needed was a chip on your shoulder to be cool.

Now, it appears you need a chipper!

(Right, Chipper?)

$th.jpg

I'm fairly certain Zac Brown would kick someone *** if they called him a lumbersexual. Just my guess.

He might just laugh , he could be a real man , and have a sense of humor . But some are ego maniacs though , or become them . I bet he'd laugh , he probably doesn't take himself that seriously , or what others think .

He is a small town country boy from Georgia, who like so many country people, was dressing like that before it was cool. Huge difference.

He is a small town country boy from Georgia, who like so many country people, was dressing like that before it was cool. Huge difference.
Possibly.
But.... He's now likely a multi-millionaire small town country boy, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that he now spends a great deal of money to dress very carefully for a specific image to present to the world to keep up the Zac Brown Small Town Country Boy Brand.
Which to me, ain't that much different from the hipster.

Possibly.
But.... He's now likely a multi-millionaire small town country boy, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that he now spends a great deal of money to dress very carefully for a specific image to present to the world to keep up the Zac Brown Small Town Country Boy Brand.
Which to me, ain't that much different from the hipster.

Oh yeah. Multi millionaire for sure. The music they put out is a completely different animal too. Like most bands that change after they start to get radio time and start to crank out "pop".

I guess my point is that that look was, what he was.... A decade ago, before anyone who wasn't into bluegrass or roots country had ever heard of him, and long before anyone ever coined the term lumbersexual.

Top Bottom