What's new

Favourite Tank

I just ordered the Kangertek Subtank, my buddy had it so I tried it. I enjoyed it but I have also seen one called the "Arctic" I believe. I may buy that one but it is so dang expensive!

I was really enjoying my Kanger aerotank 2 which I find to look great, but have been having trouble not getting enough heat, so I've been increasing the wattage and burnt a few coils out... long story short, turns out that it just wasn't producing enough heat for me:

I just got myself a new "toy", the Eleaf TC60W, which is a very nice kit that comes with a low ohm tank, the Eleaf MELO 2.

Even after a few days, I have trouble using my old kit now as it just doesn't compare.

It's got top loading (little door that slides open to fill), which I absolutely love.

I have been using and been in love with my Kanger Subtanks for quite awhile now.

In particular, I love the RBA heads that come with them.

The tiny size of the things are daunting when you start to think of making a coil, installing it and adding wick.

Turns out as easy as can be.

I have purchased extra RBA head for the tanks and I build them all with 24 gauge Kanthal A-1 wire.

After every 3 tanks of E-Liquid, I remove the RBA head, replace with another RBA head, prime it, fill the tank and enjoy.

Then when I have a few minutes that I am not doing anything with, I take the used RBA, remove the wick, do a dry burn, install a new wick and then set it last in line for the next time I need to do this.

BTW, I HATE having to purchase pre built coil heads for like $2 each when it cost me about $0.005 to build my own and they work as well as the OCC heads. And they don't burn through the E-Liquid as fast as well!

I have been using and been in love with my Kanger Subtanks for quite awhile now.

In particular, I love the RBA heads that come with them.

The tiny size of the things are daunting when you start to think of making a coil, installing it and adding wick.

Turns out as easy as can be.

I have purchased extra RBA head for the tanks and I build them all with 24 gauge Kanthal A-1 wire.

After every 3 tanks of E-Liquid, I remove the RBA head, replace with another RBA head, prime it, fill the tank and enjoy.

Then when I have a few minutes that I am not doing anything with, I take the used RBA, remove the wick, do a dry burn, install a new wick and then set it last in line for the next time I need to do this.

BTW, I HATE having to purchase pre built coil heads for like $2 each when it cost me about $0.005 to build my own and they work as well as the OCC heads. And they don't burn through the E-Liquid as fast as well!

I also have the kanger sub tank and I just tried building with 24 Kanthal. Works well! I did 5 wraps around a relatively large drill bit. No more dry hits like I had with 28.

I also have the kanger sub tank and I just tried building with 24 Kanthal. Works well! I did 5 wraps around a relatively large drill bit. No more dry hits like I had with 28.

I am beyond glad that you met with success building with 24 gauge Kanthal!!!

Easy Peasy Right?

For your next trick if you don't mind........

Build the exact same coil with a bit of spacing in between.

Just enough to see the gaps between the coils.

Just that small bit of difference can make all things better. Flavor (first with me as always) and vapor production.

PLUS if you did it right and do a dry burn every two to three tanks, install some new wick and those coils could last you for months!

Before I forget, what is the resistance reading of your coils?

BTW, I freely admit that even after 6 months of DE,TTO Wet Shaving, I am still new in the grand scheme of things.

When it comes to Vaping, after about 4 years, I like to think I know what I am talking about.

And that I am not just another pretty face!

2Q==

Attachments

• $Ron J.png
    $Ron J.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I am beyond glad that you met with success building with 24 gauge Kanthal!!!

Easy Peasy Right?

For your next trick if you don't mind........

Build the exact same coil with a bit of spacing in between.

Just enough to see the gaps between the coils.

Just that small bit of difference can make all things better. Flavor (first with me as always) and vapor production.

PLUS if you did it right and do a dry burn every two to three tanks, install some new wick and those coils could last you for months!

Before I forget, what is the resistance reading of your coils?

BTW, I freely admit that even after 6 months of DE,TTO Wet Shaving, I am still new in the grand scheme of things.

When it comes to Vaping, after about 4 years, I like to think I know what I am talking about.

And that I am not just another pretty face!

2Q==

Good stuff. I tried to space a little bit, but I was afraid the resistance would be too low if i used less wraps.

I got .5 ohms with 5 wraps on a 7/64 bit. It was a big coil, but i was afraid the res would get too low with a smaller bit. It got kind of squished together when I tightened down the screws and tweaked it with some pliers, but I figure the extra cotton can soak up way more juice. I haven't changed my wick in like a week, and I vape around 9 ML a day. Doesn't appear to be too fried yet.

Last edited:
Good stuff. I tried to space a little bit, but I was afraid the resistance would be too low if i used less wraps.

I got .5 ohms with 5 wraps on a 7/64 bit. It was a big coil, but i was afraid the res would get too low with a smaller bit. It got kind of squished together when I tightened down the screws and tweaked it with some pliers, but I figure the extra cotton can soak up way more juice. I haven't changed my wick in like a week, and I vape around 9 ML a day. Doesn't appear to be too fried yet.

All you really need is a small amount of daylight between the coils to get the maximum effect.

Me, I like to do a dry burn every two to three tanks.

And while I am doing that to keep my coils clean, kinda like I am already doing this so I might as well put in a new wick!

All you really need is a small amount of daylight between the coils to get the maximum effect.

Me, I like to do a dry burn every two to three tanks.

And while I am doing that to keep my coils clean, kinda like I am already doing this so I might as well put in a new wick!

I should change out the wick more frequently, but I'm pretty lazy! :laugh:

Definitely the Nautilus (standatd size). There is a slightly better flavor production on the mini vs standard, but the difference is almost not noticeable if you're on a high end juice.

Definitely the Nautilus (standatd size). There is a slightly better flavor production on the mini vs standard, but the difference is almost not noticeable if you're on a high end juice.

The store that we go to can't recommend Aspire (and the Nautilus) enough, so my wife, then my daughter got one (wife got the normal tank, my daughter the mini).

The trouble is that while they work fine, they are limited, and two things that are extremely annoying with them, the air holes dial, they both have models that you cannot see which hole is which (large or small), you have to take a drag while twisting it and figure out the airflow. And opening it to refill... these tanks are nasty, extremely hard to open, then you ahve to fight to get the parts aligned correctly to seal/close them.

I got them both the Kanger Aerotank2 mini as I was really enjoying mine for a good month before I started having issues with coils.

So they are using both tanks fairly equally, but are finding that they prefer the Kanger a bit more.

But since I get my new system, they keep borrowing it for a few moments (and more and more). My wife is now wanting one like mine (the TC60W Eleaf with the Melo2) now and the kid isn't far behind. Every time my wife uses mine and then goes with hers.. she sigh loudly and goes.."#^%*#$*^&%, mine is cold and there's no real feel to it after using yours".

The worse part, I do it for fun mostly, and that it helps with my sore throats (when I kick in the menthol), while they both do it due to their actual smoking habit that they don't want but can't shake, and I'm the one to researches, tests, tries new stuff, etc.

Once you get some experience with the Nautilus, refilling isn't such a chore.

As far as the air holes, typically once they are set where you want them, you don't change them. Much like the seating position in your car. That said, on the mini, there are indicators just about the adjustment ring to show large hole vs smaller holes.

Good luck.

Once you get some experience with the Nautilus, refilling isn't such a chore.

As far as the air holes, typically once they are set where you want them, you don't change them. Much like the seating position in your car. That said, on the mini, there are indicators just about the adjustment ring to show large hole vs smaller holes.

Good luck.

Well, I hate to disagree, but the experience we've had is anything but...

My wife has had it for over a year, my daughter a good 3-4 months, we have a LOT of experience with them and they don't get easier, we've all ended up ripping skin at unscrewing them to refill. We've had to use paper towels, cloth, even pliers are some point to get it opened. The store guy only idea is that we must be somehow over tightening them, but I've done it myself several times and never did I overdo it, I absolutely made sure of that, then next time, it's nearly impossible to get open again.

Both of them do NOT have indicators for the air holes (to show small to large), probably something they remedied in later builds, and the ring WILL spin as you fight getting the bottom off to refill.

And if getting the bottom removed is a pain, re-alignment to close it, while the gasket offers enough pressure that you have to counter it by pressing fairly hard, otherwise you can't even get the treads to touch, makes it a chore to do.

As far as I'm concerned, knowing what I know now, we wouldn't have bought them and gone with just about anything else.

But also, reading more and more about the coils and problems with some starting to powder up, plus that they are fairly unique to this model, as opposed to the Melo2, the Atlantis, and a good dozen more that uses the same coil configuration that is cross-compatible, I seriously regret about purchasing them even more.

It's not that once back together they don't work, 'cause they do and my wife and daughter are using them, but the refill time is dreaded.

But I'm pretty sure that once they get something similar to my Melo tank (if not one), the Nautilus will very likely end up in a drawer and forgotten pretty quickly.

Just to add to my last post about the Nautilus...

My wife just begged for me to get her the tc60w, which she now have, so talking with her and my daughter, they both said that at this point, they really don't like their Nautilus at all...

Both have been barely using their Nautilus anymore, actually:

My daughter had misplaced hers for a while and been using her Kanger mini Aerotank2 since, and last week found her Nautilus again and tried it back, and her comment was that she hates it, and between the two, she'd consider throwing the Nautilus in the garbage once she'd run out of coils.

Now that my wife has the Melo2, I'd be surprised if she ever use her Nautilus again.

Top Bottom