What's new

Perfumania has a very good sale going on with Tabac

https://www.perfumania.com/shop/?&query=tabac

Use code EXTRA15 until January 31 to get 15% off the clearance items and VDAY25 to get 25% off non-clearance items. The VDAY25 code ends tonight but Perfumania usually issues a new code every day. Both codes can added at checkout.

A few months ago, I emailed Tabac in Germany asking where I could get their deodorant stick and they told me to contact the Quality Fragrance Group in the USA which is owned by Perfumania Holdings. Perfumania Holdings naturally owns Perfumania. I think the Quality Fragrance Group is the distributor of Tabac in the USA.

Add code PFM20 to also get free shipping.

I got a fabulous deal on the soap bowl yesterday, but unfortunately it and the soap refill are out of stock now. The shaving cream is still in stock ($4.24 delivered, with discount codes) and the 10.1 ounce EDC, which has been on clearance for quite some time can be gotten for $10.62. All unbeatable prices!

I forgot to mention that one of several cashback sites can also be used for Perfumania. Ebates had a 30% off coupon + free shipping that expired yesterday. The 10.1 oz. aftershave was only $14. It's still a good buy at $15 with the 25% off coupon.

Last edited:
Holy cow! What a deal!

Deodorant was out of stock, but the bowl and refill were available.

$tabac.jpg

I just pulled the trigger ... Soap bowl, shave cream, 10.1 EdC. My total (including Tax and Shipping) was $22.94

The checkout page presented me with a $12 discount for "Reward Points" so I used that instead of "Extra15."
(I'm not sure why I had reward points with them. I don't remember ever ordering from Perfumania before.)

I do need some new ASL and a few other Tabac supplies, but they can wait until I can find killer prices like these.

I just received my Perfumania delivery and everything arrived in perfect condition. I can't believe I was able to buy two beautiful Tabac shaving bowls with soap for only $8.50 each! Even the refill puck was only $6.38 although I'm not sure why I bought a refill. I should have just bought a 3rd bowl with puck for another $2.12. The shaving creams were $4.25 each and the deodorant sticks were $4.68 per. This was my total haul:

1 Tabac For Men By Maurer & Wirtz 10.1 oz After Shave
2 Tabac For Men By Maurer & Wirtz 3.6 oz Shaving Creams
2 Tabac Original For Men 4.4 oz Soap Bowls By Maurer & Wirtz
2 Tabac For Men By Maurer & Wirtz 2.2 oz Deodorant Sticks

I just picked up my order off the front porch.

An eMail from UPS tells me it was delivered at 15:40 today, I placed the order yesterday morning at 09:47 ... less than 30 hours from pulling the trigger to arrival at my house!

The soap bowl and the shave cream are both the "new" Tabac logo, with the straight design. The EdC is the "old" logo, with the name on a slant.

Kicking myself for not ordering the ASL as well, but I've got an almost full tube of ASB from last year.

Also included was a bag of samples that I haven't looked at yet, and a voucher for $10 off my next order.

I've been soaking the puck under distilled water for the last few hours to get it broken in, its nicely settled to the bottom of the bowl and the Tabac stamp on the top was erased with my first test lather. B&B Essential 10AE boar did the honors.

I've sprinkled a few drops of EdC on my wrists and neck ... I'll shave with it tomorrow after I shower with Tabac bath soap.

And would you believe??? I've got such a bad head cold right now that I can't smell a thing. Nothing. It should be reeking throughout my bedroom right now, but even when I put my nose right up to it, I can't smell it. Aaaaaargh!

The soap bowl and the shave cream are both the "new" Tabac logo, with the straight design. The EdC is the "old" logo, with the name on a slant. Also included was a bag of samples that I haven't looked at yet, and a voucher for $10 off my next order.

I had requested samples geared for a male, but for the 2nd time all I received was perfume samples (some Paris Hilton vials). I wouldn't have minded a Creed Aventus and a Fahrenheit vial thrown in!

The aftershave lotion, shaving soap bowls, shaving creams and deodorant sticks I ordered all have the new straight logo. The shaving puck refill has the older slanted logo. I wonder why your EdC had the slanted logo? I ordered an EdC from them a few months ago and it had the straight logo.

I just compared the shaving soap bowl to one I ordered from an Amazon 3rd party reseller two months ago for $20.
I was disappointed that it arrived with loose gold tin foil (that covers the puck). I also just noticed that it has the slanted logo. The bowls that arrived from Perfumania were brand new and in perfect condition with the tin foil firmly attached and covering the puck under the bowl cover.

One thing I noticed was that the top of the old shaving bowl box had the Tabac logo, but the top of this box is blank.
Is it the same as yours? I'll attach a photo with my next reply. Take care of that cold and get well soon!

I had requested samples geared for a male, but for the 2nd time all I received was perfume samples (some Paris Hilton vials). I wouldn't have minded a Creed Aventus and a Fahrenheit vial thrown in!
I got female samples as well ... and that little zip-lock bag said "Look inside for $10 off your next order." but I can't find the voucher or anything.

I just compared the shaving soap bowl to one I ordered from an Amazon 3rd party reseller two months ago for $20.
I was disappointed that it arrived with loose gold tin foil (that covers the puck). I also just noticed that it has the slanted logo. The bowls that arrived from Perfumania were brand new and in perfect condition with the tin foil firmly attached and covering the puck under the bowl cover.
Mine had loose gold tin foil as well. I was expecting the entire puck to be wrapped, but it wasn't. Not a big deal. The raw puck was sitting on top of the little ridges at the bottom of the bowl, but after a few hours soaking in distilled water and pushing down on it, it is settled in to the bottom, and the lid fits on without touching the soap.

The new lid is a matte-brown, while my old one was shiny brown. The old one had a crack in it from about 5 years ago, which is the only reason I ordered a new bowl. I'll throw away the old lid and use the old bowl for something else ... not sure what.

One thing I noticed was that the top of the old shaving bowl box had the Tabac logo, but the top of this box is blank.
Is it the same as yours? I'll attach a photo with my next reply.
My new box had an embossed M&W logo. I threw away the old box long ago, so I can't compare it.

Take care of that cold and get well soon!
The cold is getting better. I've been dosing up with generic Dayquil/Nyquil and now I can smell my new acquisitions. Still have a runny nose and bouts of sneezing and coughing. I think I'll soak in a hot epsom-salt bath later on and see if that will draw it out.

I'm also taking a lot of minced garlic, and relying on an old folk-medicine remedy of cutting up a raw onion and keeping it in the bedroom with me where I spend most of my time at home.

I'm all out of Vitamin C ... adding that to the grocery list when I head out in a little bit. Besides battling this cold, we've got a MAJOR blizzard approaching in about a day and a half. I'm pretty well situated, but I need milk and Coca-Cola and that's about it, but I'll fill up the basket with a few luxury items so I can hunker down in style.

I can't see the cart on their website.
Their security certificate is not valid and Chrome won't load any of their https pages.

:bored:

Back in stock!

I see the cream and the refill are back but not the bowl. I hope members here take advantage of those Perfumania prices rather than 3rd party Amazon resellers and Ebay stores who will buy several and mark up the prices. I would suggest that that Perfumania query page be bookmarked as I have a feeling that Perfumania will start to carry more of the Tabac line. I spoke to a rep from Quality Fragrances months ago and asked why they, as the US distributor only carried the Tabac Edc online at Perfumania. It sounds like they upped their game a bit.

I got female samples as well ... and that little zip-lock bag said "Look inside for $10 off your next order." but I can't find the voucher or anything.

Mine had loose gold tin foil as well. I was expecting the entire puck to be wrapped, but it wasn't. Not a big deal. The raw puck was sitting on top of the little ridges at the bottom of the bowl, but after a few hours soaking in distilled water and pushing down on it, it is settled in to the bottom, and the lid fits on without touching the soap. My new box had an embossed M&W logo. I threw away the old box long ago, so I can't compare it.

The cold is getting better. I've been dosing up with generic Dayquil/Nyquil and now I can smell my new acquisitions. Still have a runny nose and bouts of sneezing and coughing. I think I'll soak in a hot epsom-salt bath later on and see if that will draw it out....we've got a MAJOR blizzard approaching in about a day and a half.

I also received that ziplock bag with no $10 voucher. It doesn't matter because they're always offering 20-30% off discount codes. I get emails from them every day. The ones to look for are the discounts with the free shipping.
This is the first time I saw a discount code with the clearance items. I also use and check the cashback sites as they have other coupon codes listed plus you get additional cash back.

The bowls I received from Perfumania were in perfect condition with the tin foil securely attached to the inside top. It was the one I ordered several months ago from a 3rd party Amazon seller (that is actually in the B&B vendor Hall of Fame!) that I was disappointed with. The tin foil was loose and the box was the older one with the slanted logo, although that doesn't concern me much.

I used to soak hard pucks in water before shaving, but I'm finding that to be unnecessary as long as a brush with good backbone has been soaked and is sufficiently wet to build up a great lather. In regard to the top of the new box flap, I had to take off my glasses after my last post to notice the embossed Maurer and Wirtz logo on the white top flap. That's replaced the usual Tabac logo (see my photo below).

The official Tabac site is a pretty cool site. There's a collection of old ads and they have photos of how their bottle logos have changed over the years: http://www.tabac-original.com/index.php?id=135

If you go to their online shop, all the products are there and you can get a good idea of the kind of bargain we just got from Perfumania. If only Perfumania would start carrying the entire line! https://shop.tabac.de/tabac-original.html

In regard to the generic Nyquil, I used to grab the real thing decades ago as soon as I got a cold. Back then, the alcohol content was much higher and after a shot with that plastic shot glass, the combo of that with the antihistamine meant sleepytime in minutes. I think the alcohol content was reduced from 25% (50 proof) to 10%. When I found that out about 20 years ago, to make up the difference, I would have a shot of Nyquil with a Jack Daniels chaser to get to sleep with a cold! Apricot liqueur or rice wine were also a nice substitute for the JD. I was alot younger then!

The older shaving sopap bowl and box are on the left. The new box for the shaving soap bowl only has a Maurer and Wirtz embossed insignia without the logo (see contrasted adjusted inset photo):

proxy.php

I can't see the cart on their website. Their security certificate is not valid and Chrome won't load any of their https pages.:bored:

I just added an item using Chrome and the cart appeared without any problem along with a secure https Perfumania url. Are you getting a message from Chrome or one of your security programs?

Bowl sold out, but I picked up a refill puck, and will grate it into an old Stirling tin. I also got $12.50 in point dollars for some reason. In the end I got the puck plus a bottle of AS (both of which my previously purchased EdC has been waiting on) for $11.64 (including tax) shipped free. Perhaps if I had seen this yesterday I wouldn't have spent $80 at Bullgoose to take advantage of their 40% off Musgo products.

Top Bottom