What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: The Second Annual Reindeer & Sleigh Holiday Gift Exchange!

I'm enjoying the heck out of the Taconic Bay Rum Shampoo bar my buddy got me. Who would have thought...a shampoo bar...it is incredible in every way. Aside from scent and lather, the shampoo bar has the right amount of cleaning to clean out pomade, oil, whatever but not leave my hair or head all dry. (I feel kinda weird going on about how great a shampoo bar is so I'll stop now)

Shampoo bars are wonderful! So I understand going on about them. Your buddy did you a solid on that one (pun intended). Mystic Waters has great shampoo bars also.

Monte

Shampoo bars are wonderful! So I understand going on about them. Your buddy did you a solid on that one (pun intended). Mystic Waters has great shampoo bars also.

Monte

+1. I've tried many shampoo bars and MW are my favorite. Mikes comes on second. (I'll admit to not having tried Taconic however)

I'm using the pen stand daily, my bride and I both like the 4711 aftershave, and I broke out a bar of the Stirling Barbershop bath soap a couple nights ago. The bath soap is a subtle scent at first, but smells great and lathers well once you get some water on it. I haven't figured out what to do with the mug yet as I don't have any non-synthetic brushes that need soaking. I'll keep it in reserve as I've toyed with the idea of getting one of the B&B anniversary brushes.

Thanks again Chad - [MENTION=87630]cvargo[/MENTION] !

I'm using the pen stand daily, my bride and I both like the 4711 aftershave, and I broke out a bar of the Stirling Barbershop bath soap a couple nights ago. The bath soap is a subtle scent at first, but smells great and lathers well once you get some water on it. I haven't figured out what to do with the mug yet as I don't have any non-synthetic brushes that need soaking. I'll keep it in reserve as I've toyed with the idea of getting one of the B&B anniversary brushes.

Thanks again Chad - [MENTION=87630]cvargo[/MENTION] !
So glad you are enjoying everything.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Oh, I forgot to mention that I used one of the Bolzano blades. I did enjoy it, but I don't see them ranking among my favorites. I'll give them another visit, though, for sure. It's great to try them!

I just received a big box filled with goodies! Many thanks to Amanda at Tiki, and my Bingle Buddy (thlemaxous?--I can't read Amanda's handwriting very well). According to Amanda, my Bingle Buddy asked her to put something together for me. I'd say they make a great team! Many, many thanks!

Attachments

• $IMG_0094.jpg
    $IMG_0094.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 100
i just received a big box filled with goodies! Many thanks to amanda at tiki, and my bingle buddy (thlemaxous?--i can't read amanda's handwriting very well). According to amanda, my bingle buddy asked her to put something together for me. I'd say they make a great team! Many, many thanks!
wow!

I did a week straight of reserve and have written daily with my lamy switching through ink samples in my journal. Love my gift. My wife jokes I like my bingle gift more than what her and my son got me. They got me an awesome poker table so I can finally start hosting my poker group

I've been breaking in my new boar brush, and trying out the soap samplers. I can see why so many love Fine aftershaves....the American blend is fantastic!

I've gone ahead and added pictures of a couple of the cooler surprises from my Bingle Buddy. First and foremost the Wilkenson Sword branded pruning shears were both really nice looking shears, and extra fun, since Wilkenson sword is better known for its razor blades here in the US. I also really liked the Lenser flashlight, it's my new favorite flash light.

That isn't to say that I did not enjoy the rest of the gifts I received (I did, very much), just that those two were my favorites, so, now that things here are a little less chaotic, I wanted to share pictures.

I've gone ahead and added pictures of a couple of the cooler surprises from my Bingle Buddy. First and foremost the Wilkenson Sword branded pruning shears were both really nice looking shears, and extra fun, since Wilkenson sword is better known for its razor blades here in the US. I also really liked the Lenser flashlight, it's my new favorite flash light.

That isn't to say that I did not enjoy the rest of the gifts I received (I did, very much), just that those two were my favorites, so, now that things here are a little less chaotic, I wanted to share pictures.

Now you can do some night pruning! ;)

Just used several items from my Bingle Buddy

I used a Gem Micromatic Razor with a Gem Blade. Also, Williams Mug Soap

Had a pretty good shave with the razor. It is a very efficient razor. The blade was also pretty good and I got a couple weepers but that's ok. I haven't applied the aftershave yet which I'm planning to also use. It is the L'OCCITANE Cade balm.

The soap I had a bit of trouble lathering but still got a decent lather. I did two passes. I am going to look into Williams lathering techniques. Maybe I'll contact Vez because he loves this soap. This is the modern Williams by the way. I was using a Whipped Dog Synthetic brush also. I am also going to get a shorter cup to put the Williams

Here is a pic of the stuff. By the way my Bingle Buddy supplied me with 5 Gem blades.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452496590.680027.jpg

Top Bottom