What's new

Keeping track of shave number

How do you do it? This is what I do. $image.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
One easy solution is to buy a small dry erase board, hang it on your bathroom wall, or keep it under the sink.

Myself, I don't use anything to track. If the blade isn't comfortable I swap it out, sometimes mid shave.

No tracking for me. Too complex. I have a vague idea of when I change blades and then I shave until I feel results have diminished.

I got the same idea from a post a few months ago. What makes it even easier is that Dollar Tree sells a set of 10 dice for $1.00. Five white, and five in various colors.

No tracking for me. Too complex. I have a vague idea of when I change blades and then I shave until I feel results have diminished.
Me, too.

Besides, I use injectors...I would need a dodecahedron to count the shaves/blade.:001_cool:

I don't care to keep track, I throw out the blade when I notice some tugging, usually after about 5-10 shaves.

I do three shaves on a blade then toss it. When I change the blade, I take out three of my purpose-bought shaving towels and put them in my shave den. I use one towel per shave. When I run out of towels, the blade gets changed then the den's reloaded with towels.

I just try to remember when I changed the blade. Sometimes I forget. I never use a blade more than four days, and it's usually just for three. I own two razors, and use one for months at a time. I keep things simple.

Unsecured dice on the bathroom counter wouldn't last longer than 5 minutes in my house. I'm stuck with just my brain.

Unsecured dice on the bathroom counter wouldn't last longer than 5 minutes in my house. I'm stuck with just my brain.

Same here - I have a cat that likes to sleep in the sink when it's hot (and being that I live in Southern California, it's been pretty warm). Dice are an attractant to the cat, as are Q-tips, blade wrappers, the little shaving cream sample containers that I have my TOBS in, and just about anything else that's small and easy to bat around.

I remember how many shaves on a blade by memory. Tomorrow morning, I'll be on shave #4 on a GSB. On Saturday, I shaved with Honeybee soap; on Sunday, it was Mike's; this morning, it was B&M.

Some people are going to say that's creepy.

I remember how many shaves on a blade by memory.

I only use one blade at a time. No rotation to speak of. So it is pretty for me to keep track of my count on a single blade. Some creative ideas here though. Have to keep some of this stuff in mind in case my memory starts slipping. Of course, I'll probably forget this thread by then too.

Top Bottom