What's new

Fasan Slants

Here's another German razor maker who produced some very nice razors in the mid-1930s -- before the onset of WWII. They made slants along with some non-slant style razors. But these 2 -- especially the invisible ("Wonder Woman") designed one -- are among my favorites.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The marbled Bakelite case is pretty cool. Very deco in my opinion.
proxy.php

proxy.php

3-piece design, and in very nice -- practically unused -- condition.
proxy.php

Kissing cousins. Twisted (slanted) cousins at that.

All you need is some invisible lather and an invisible brush and you should end up with invisible whiskers when you finish :001_smile

Once again a very informative post from Jake

Wow - those slants are SO beautiful...
... I missed one on ebay a couple of months back.
I'd forgotten all about it til this thread reignited my desire!

Been looking at the Fasan razors recently since I have been wanting to try an open comb razor as well as a slant. Does anyone know how much these razors should typically go for? I know there is one currently on Ebay for $133, but I am not sure if that is a reasonable price. Anyone's advice in this area would be much appreciated.

Been looking at the Fasan razors recently since I have been wanting to try an open comb razor as well as a slant. Does anyone know how much these razors should typically go for? I know there is one currently on Ebay for $133, but I am not sure if that is a reasonable price. Anyone's advice in this area would be much appreciated.

We don't really talk about pricing here, but if you look at sold items on ebay and then look at other sites like etsy and other forums you will probably find a better deal than what you mentioned.

How durable is a vintage bakelite razor? 5 yr? 10 yr?

My white plastic Fasan is about 80 years old. I shaved with it yesterday and it worked beautifully.
Stan, aka KQY61, seems to use his Fasan slant several times a week.

I see no reason why these old plastic razors should not continue to perform just as they did when they were new for decades to come.

My white plastic Fasan is about 80 years old. I shaved with it yesterday and it worked beautifully.
Stan, aka KQY61, seems to use his Fasan slant several times a week.

I see no reason why these old plastic razors should not continue to perform just as they did when they were new for decades to come.
+1
These razors survived a World War - like some people I know they are both beautiful and resilient.

Hi,

Both of my Fasans are from the late 1940s. The newer differential design with the Red Dot on the cap. The plastic is holding up just fine. I use a Fasan daily. :)

Stan

Very interesting razors. Makes me wonder why modern manufacturers do not utilize plastics for their DE razors. Would be much cheaper and easier to produce.

A friend of mine is at Munich for work trip and found some shop selling Fasan open comb slants in white color like the ones in post#1 by Jake. The seller is offering them at $40 a piece in cardboard boxes. Is that a good deal?

Top Bottom