What's new

Gentlemen's Essentials - Official B&B Cookbook

Style 1 - dump all together, bring to simmer for a few minutes. Cool & enjoy.

16 oz cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbl spoons kosher salt
2 tsp crushed red pepper

Style 2 - dump together. No real need to heat but I do just to marry the flavors. Super quick and easy.

1/4 cup of your favorite red BBQ sauce
1/4 cup of your favorite mustard BBQ sauce
Apple cider vinegar to thin and to taste

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Cooked this last night, it was a great success with the wife.

Strip steak ala CzechCzar:

Take thick (2.5-3+ inch thick) strip steaks out of the fridge an hour or so before you start cooking, so that they can warm to room temperature. These should be high quality, as the beefy goodness will be doing most of the flavoring. Preheat your over to 450 F.

Make a rub. Your preferences might vary help, but I think simpler is better. ½ salt, ½ pepper (both coarsely ground).

Put a cast iron skillet on very high heat, almost as hot as it will get.

After the steaks are at room temperature, coat each face generously with rub. You can coat the sides too, but it’s not necessary.

Now that the skillet is hot, add in a bunch of cooking oil/butter, and put the steaks on. Do not move them – you want the salt and pepper to sear onto the steaks. 2 minutes, flip the steaks, another 2 minutes. Optional to let hunks of butter melt on top while the bottom is cooking.

After the 4 minutes have passed, put the whole skillet in the oven. Use a hotpad – you’re not that much of a man. Keep it in there for about 4 – 6 minutes, depending upon how rare you like it. Take it out, plate it on a warm plate, and let it sit, you fool, for at least a couple minutes, before cutting.

Got pretty much the best compliment I could ask for from the wife: “you know how to cook the best steaks of anyone I know.

Last edited:
Cooked this last night, it was a great success with the wife.

Strip steak ala CzechCzar:

Take thick (2.5-3+ inch thick) strip steaks out of the fridge an hour or so before you start cooking, so that they can warm to room temperature. These should be high quality, as the beefy goodness will be doing most of the flavoring. Preheat your over to 450 F.

Make a rub. Your preferences might vary help, but I think simpler is better. ½ salt, ½ pepper (both coarsely ground).

Put a cast iron skillet on very high heat, almost as hot as it will get.

After the steaks are at room temperature, coat each face generously with rub. You can coat the sides too, but it’s not necessary.

Now that the skillet is hot, add in a bunch of cooking oil/butter, and put the steaks on. Do not move them – you want the salt and pepper to sear onto the steaks. 2 minutes, flip the steaks, another 2 minutes. Optional to let hunks of butter melt on top while the bottom is cooking.

After the 4 minutes have passed, put the whole skillet in the oven. Use a hotpad – you’re not that much of a man. Keep it in there for about 4 – 6 minutes, depending upon how rare you like it. Take it out, plate it on a warm plate, and let it sit, you fool, for at least a couple minutes, before cutting.

Got pretty much the best compliment I could ask for from the wife: “you know how to cook the best steaks of anyone I know.
+1. Thanks for the recipe. I cooked 4 of these tonight and got rave reviews from all. My Granddaughter said it was the best steak she has ever eaten at home.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
+1. Thanks for the recipe. I cooked 4 of these tonight and got rave reviews from all. My Granddaughter said it was the best steak she has ever eaten at home.

That makes me so very happy to hear!! It's about as easy as can be, and I am very glad you liked it!!

Top Bottom