What's new

THE Injector Razor Thread

$schick proto.JPG So here's a treat for your eyes. This is the prototype . These were given out before the production release. So now that your RAD is up, good luck finding one. And you thought the D was rare?

I'm out of the country playing army for a while and I only brought my trusty J type with me. Thought I would miss the variety in razors but so far I'm just having great shaves. Just my two cents for the day.

Yeah,
I don't know if you bought it like that, but the G Types are not meant to be opened...There is an abundance of earlier Schick Injectors that were not designed to be opened on EBay at the moment being displayed as opened.....It seems to becoming more common...:w00t:

The problem is that a lot of sellers are not Injector minded people and they think that they are doing the right thing because they look like they are meant to open because of the sometimes visible score mark on the left hand side of the spring.... The score mark was caused when the razor was manufactured.....:blink:

You may have problems with that one....:001_cool:

Billy

There is a new club available for those of us who love Injector Razors and wish to memorialize the accomplishments of Col. Jacob Schick. Please take a moment to read the thread at

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...-(the-SISSIES)

You are cordially invited to join, and I hope that the club will raise awareness of the joys of using an Injector Razor.

I am a SISSY, and proud of it. Be a SISSY.​

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437076430.635723.jpg

first ever shave with an injector this morning, shaved my head, with Mitchell's Woolfat. and I had I think the best shave to-date!
I've had the injector & pack of blades sitting there for months!
and this morning before visiting the barbers, for my first beard trim & style, I had a little time to spare and gave it a whirl!

for now, this will be my go to razor!!

edit: I know next to nothing about injectors, is this a "G Type"

Last edited:
My collection of injectors includes a couple of Schick E3's which are among my favorites. I've wanted one of the earlier models for some time and recently acquired one. This is an early E2 with a smooth guard and a crinkle finish.

$e2_2.JPG

$e2_1.JPG

This has the type of spring that allows for opening up the razor.

$e2_5.JPG

Here is probably the most important picture of this post, the E2 on the left and an E3 on the right:

$e2_4.JPG

If you have a razor with the type of spring on the right, with the notch in the center of the top of the spring, do not attempt to open up the razor. You will likely damage the spring and possibly render the razor unusable. LIkewise, when shopping on the 'bay be wary of razors with the spring on the right on which you can see a scratch indicating that the razor has been opened.

The big surprise came when I loaded up a blade and shaved with the E2. As previously mentioned, the E3 is one of my favorites, having a near-ideal (to me) balance between aggressiveness and smoothness.

Whoa - the E2 is much, much more aggressive, right up there with a MMOC, Ever-Ready 1924 or an Auto-Strop VB1. It had me reaching for the magnifying glass to make certain that the blade was properly seated under the blade stops (it was). I enjoy aggressive razors (my go-to razor is an Ever-Ready 1924), but this one demands a lot of respect.

So, why the big difference between the E2 and E3? At a glance they appear almost identical.

$e2_6.JPG

Looking closely, it can be seen that there is a big difference in the geometry of the relationship of the guard to the blade. The E3 (on the right) has the guard extending out in front of the blade, while the guard on the E2 is nearly flush with the blade, more like a MMOC or a lather catcher. The grooves on the guard of the E3 might also be a factor.

When I got my first E3 I felt that all the talk regarding the aggressiveness of the E's was overblown. Now I get it - I just didn't have the right E.

--Bob

That's an excellent review, Bob. Now, trundle over to the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of the Shave/Scent of the Day forum and join the Society of Injector Shavers.

My collection of injectors includes a couple of Schick E3's which are among my favorites. I've wanted one of the earlier models for some time and recently acquired one. This is an early E2 with a smooth guard and a crinkle finish.

View attachment 587521

View attachment 587522

This has the type of spring that allows for opening up the razor.

View attachment 587523

Here is probably the most important picture of this post, the E2 on the left and an E3 on the right:

View attachment 587524

If you have a razor with the type of spring on the right, with the notch in the center of the top of the spring, do not attempt to open up the razor. You will likely damage the spring and possibly render the razor unusable. LIkewise, when shopping on the 'bay be wary of razors with the spring on the right on which you can see a scratch indicating that the razor has been opened.

The big surprise came when I loaded up a blade and shaved with the E2. As previously mentioned, the E3 is one of my favorites, having a near-ideal (to me) balance between aggressiveness and smoothness.

Whoa - the E2 is much, much more aggressive, right up there with a MMOC, Ever-Ready 1924 or an Auto-Strop VB1. It had me reaching for the magnifying glass to make certain that the blade was properly seated under the blade stops (it was). I enjoy aggressive razors (my go-to razor is an Ever-Ready 1924), but this one demands a lot of respect.

So, why the big difference between the E2 and E3? At a glance they appear almost identical.

View attachment 587527

Looking closely, it can be seen that there is a big difference in the geometry of the relationship of the guard to the blade. The E3 (on the right) has the guard extending out in front of the blade, while the guard on the E2 is nearly flush with the blade, more like a MMOC or a lather catcher. The grooves on the guard of the E3 might also be a factor.

When I got my first E3 I felt that all the talk regarding the aggressiveness of the E's was overblown. Now I get it - I just didn't have the right E.

--Bob

Aye, you're on right on the Button Bob....:001_rolle

To my knowledge there are 3 Models of the Type E 2s....The early Type E 2 that opens as you are displaying ....The Later Type E 2 has the the same spring set up but has a knob on the left of the spring to prevent it from opening....The third Type E 2 that I have was called the 1941 Model that was the first model with a centred spring and it also has a flat top with circles engraved into it with heavier gold plating....:001_cool:

I love my Type E 2 Models as they keep me on my toes....:lol:

Billy

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I think I have an E2, and here I was all along thinking it was an E3. I thought my "grooves" made it an E3, bu closer inspection says "light scratching" not grooves at all. :lol:

I think I have an E2, and here I was all along thinking it was an E3. I thought my "grooves" made it an E3, bu closer inspection says "light scratching" not grooves at all. :lol:

Yeah, all the Type E 2s are a Smooth Comb Design....The grooved Comb came into being with the later Type E 3 and the Type E 4 had the Grooves also but can be identified as having the side lugs removed from the spring like the later G Types....

Billy

Top Bottom