What's new

I think I am addicted to getting compliments about scent.

So, I've recently discovered Fine splashes by trying the sample of 6 scents.
I fell in love with two of them ,which were l'orange and platinum.

l'orange is just very pleasant to my nose and I can't sniff enough of myself after splashing that generously on my neck, face and back of the hand/wrist. I just can't stop. I sniff and sniff.

Fine platinum is very nice scent, but it can be a little strong/ perfumey, so I try not to put too much of that, because that can be a little offensive/irritating for sensitive noses out there.

Anyways, I work in the hospital, I walk a lot, move a lot, see a lot of people and people just started noticing scents and throw comment like "what is that good smell, is that you?" "You smell good, what are you wearing?"

I mean, it's not just the compliments that gets me going, but hearing those compliments makes me feel really confident, because after 10~12 hours of walking, running around, I usually smell a little sweaty and I try not to get too close to people at that point.

But on the other hand, I am worried that I might get a little carried away and put way too much as to make people feel uncomfortable.

Anyone went through same phase as I did?
I am just coming from old spice to find splashes, so I am still in the noob stage compared to some of you who uses really complicated scents.

Last edited:
But on the other hand, I am worried that I might get a little carried away and put way too much as to make people feel uncomfortable.

This might be the case. I don't want to rain on your parade, but A LOT of compliments coming at you just might really mean you're wearing too much. I went through this phase when I was younger, and those pheromone based colognes were all the rage. I got a lot of "compliments" on some nights.

The fact is, I reeked of the stuff:blushing:. I simply had too much of the stuff on, and I began to sense that the compliments had another purpose. "Dial it back!", was what they were really saying.

My rule is, if you're constantly smelling it on your person, you've got too much on. I'll pick up hints of my cologne during the day, but that's usually after a period of exertion. I know you're specifically speaking about aftershaves, but an aftershave to me has one purpose; sooth and calm a freshly shaven face. I want it to fade quickly.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't encountered any heavy flak about wearing aftershaves or colognes at all in your employment field; most health care institutions have a strict "no scent" policy.

Don

This might be the case. I don't want to rain on your parade, but A LOT of compliments coming at you just might really mean you're wearing too much. I went through this phase when I was younger, and those pheromone based colognes were all the rage. I got a lot of "compliments" on some nights.

The fact is, I reeked of the stuff:blushing:. I simply had too much of the stuff on, and I began to sense that the compliments had another purpose. "Dial it back!", was what they were really saying.

My rule is, if you're constantly smelling it on your person, you've got too much on. I'll pick up hints of my cologne during the day, but that's usually after a period of exertion. I know you're specifically speaking about aftershaves, but an aftershave to me has one purpose; sooth and calm a freshly shaven face. I want it to fade quickly.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't encountered any heavy flak about wearing aftershaves or colognes at all in your employment field; most health care institutions have a strict "no scent" policy.

Don

There actually is no scent policy, or at least they say no strong perfumes/colognes because that can offend patients and what not.
I've found l'orange scent to be just crisp/fresh orange scent, not too perfumey. On the other hand, aventus line of Fine aftershave, platinum, can be perfumey, so I strictly put just a little bit so I get hints of it.

I guess it's a phase people go through.

So, I've recently discovered Fine splashes by trying the sample of 6 scents.
I fell in love with two of them ,which were l'orange and platinum.

l'orange is just very pleasant to my nose and I can't sniff enough of myself after splashing that generously on my neck, face and back of the hand/wrist. I just can't stop. I sniff and sniff.

Fine platinum is very nice scent, but it can be a little strong/ perfumey, so I try not to put too much of that, because that can be a little offensive/irritating for sensitive noses out there.

Anyways, I work in the hospital, I walk a lot, move a lot, see a lot of people and people just started noticing scents and throw comment like "what is that good smell, is that you?" "You smell good, what are you wearing?"

I mean, it's not just the compliments that gets me going, but hearing those compliments makes me feel really confident, because after 10~12 hours of walking, running around, I usually smell a little sweaty and I try not to get too close to people at that point.

I am just coming from old spice to find splashes, so I am still in the noob stage compared to some of you who uses really complicated scents.

Sounds like you need some Terre d'Hermes and Aventus in your life.

There's a girl at work who sniifs me every day and evaluates my aftershave.

It's funny how she describes some of them. I might have a citrus one on and she'll say "Woodsy," or I'll have on one with no cirtus, and she'll say "Fruity!" Everything is either woodsy or fruity. :laugh:

There's a girl at work who sniifs me every day and evaluates my aftershave.

It's funny how she describes some of them. I might have a citrus one on and she'll say "Woodsy," or I'll have on one with no cirtus, and she'll say "Fruity!" Everything is either woodsy or fruity. :laugh:

it's a funny feeling when someone comes and sniffs you and make a comment. Hopefully I won't offend a lot of people because I've seen people wearing cheap colognes, like a dollar or two oil from convenience store and they are so strong and they almost give you a headache.

I am just gonna go light on this so I don't get called out on it. then it will ruin it forever for me.

Are there any scents that are similar to l'orange noir from fine? I know it is based off of something expensive, but I do not want to spend that much, but I'd be willing to try other variations that have similar organge scent.

Top Bottom