What's new

Dorco blades. What's your opinion of them?

I just used one of my sample blades and am pleasantly surprized with a seriously smooth comfortable shave. :biggrin1:

The blade is a .........DORCO blade!! :w00t:

I noticed Dorco doesn't get much mention here and that's a shame since it's a good blade! :thumbup1:

Have you tried a Dorco blade?????:001_cool:

I just used one of my sample blades and am pleasantly surprized with a seriously smooth comfortable shave. :biggrin1:

The blade is a .........DORCO blade!! :w00t:

I noticed Dorco doesn't get much mention here and that's a shame since it's a good blade! :thumbup1:

Have you tried a Dorco blade?????:001_cool:

You should have posted your address. You probably would have Dorcos in your mailbox by the thousands. Kidding, but they don't get a lot of love around here. There are some fans here though. I thought they were "just okay". Too many other better blades (for my mileage) out there.

I used the one's that came with my MTO when I got it. They were ok, I got good shaves but they were inconsistent.....meaning some were sharp, so we're dull.

As others have already mentioned Dorco's are not the most popular or well spoken of razor blades. But each individual is different so maybe they will be the right blade for you. Give them a try and see how well they work for you.

I've tried Dorco's and wasn't impressed with the shave they gave me. I eventually opted to go with the Astra SP's. But, again don't let our opinion of Dorco's affect your choice of that razor blade. Everyone is an individual.

I really like them, and consider them one of the best bargains out there. I've gotten nothing but very close comfortable shaves with them.

Of course, that doesn't mean you will.

In fact, this whole YMMV thing is, evidently, so true, that the opinions of others regarding a particular brand of razor blade, is, IMO, practically useless to other individual.

I'm in the extreme minority here to. I like the dorco blades better than any other blades I have tried. They work for me and the price is right. Wes

As others have already mentioned Dorco's are not the most popular or well spoken of razor blades. But each individual is different so maybe they will be the right blade for you. Give them a try and see how well they work for you.

I've tried Dorco's and wasn't impressed with the shave they gave me. I eventually opted to go with the Astra SP's. But, again don't let our opinion of Dorco's affect your choice of that razor blade. Everyone is an individual.

+1. My experience was very similar. I much preferred Astras in my EJ89 and Adjustable Gillette.

Now starting to dial in my new Wolfman by working through the WCS sampler-which will take awhile as I try each option multiple times.

For me, the Dorco ST300 produced a shave that was fairly similar to that with a Derby blade.

Not all that close, but comfortable, nick-free, and irritation-free.

I love both the Dorco 300 and 301 blades, and have found them to be an excellent value. I just ordered another 100. I have been using them for years, and remember when they were a favored and popular blade here in the forum.

I love both the Dorco 300 and 301 blades, and have found them to be an excellent value. I just ordered another 100. I have been using them for years, and remember when they were a favored and popular blade here in the forum.

Yeah, it's always the new blade on the block that gets the most attention even if they didn't earn it! :001_rolle:001_rolle

Faithful old timers always get cast aside. :angry::angry::angry:

People are fickle that way! :w00t:

I have a few, but never actually used them due to the bad reviews I've read on them. I may have to try one out in the blade longevity test I'm doing with each type of blade I have in my tech razors.

Tried one, don't know what #, do recall the wrapper said Vietnam. Worst blade I've used, didn't even finish the first pass. Felt like a pitchfork scraping my face. Box and remainders hit the trash. No one else mentions the Vietnam blades so I wonder if they might have be fakes.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
ST-301s (Korea) are (in my experience) better than ST-300s (Vietnam) ... and if you like Dorcos, get on their mailing list. They do regular and large e-mail sales, where one might buy as many 100s or 1000s as you like for 25% off (recently).

I don't need 1000 Dorco ST-301s, but have been tempted ... they take PayPal.

AA

ST-301s (Korea) are (in my experience) better than ST-300s (Vietnam) ... and if you like Dorcos, get on their mailing list. They do regular and large e-mail sales, where one might buy as many 100s or 1000s as you like for 25% off (recently).

I don't need 1000 Dorco ST-301s, but have been tempted ... they take PayPal.

AA
Where do u sign up

Top Bottom