What's new

Williams Shaving Soap Hoarding Disorder.a new disease.

I have heard the World Health Organization (Wet Shaving Division) is considering the classification of a new disease: "Williams Shaving Soap Hoarding Disorder", or WSSHD. It seems to be spreading rapidly in the wake of the announcement of the discontinuation/phasing out of our beloved Williams Shaving Soap. I have heard of countless examples of traditional wet shavers buying out existing stocks in fear they will be left without a sufficient supply to carry them into the next century...or buying with the hopes of a payback in a few years when each puck appreciates in value like Wayne Gretzky rookie hockey cards. I have checked stores that previously had an ample supply only to find they are sold out. Fortunately, I have my own supply...enough to last me a few lifetimes.

So...with this in mind...perhaps it is time for others to post their photos of their Williams stock. Here is mine:

$Williams.jpg

How should I seal the one's I'm hoarding so they last? won't dry out? Plastic wrap? Do I even need to seal them from drying out?

How should I seal the one's I'm hoarding so they last? won't dry out? Plastic wrap? Do I even need to seal them from drying out?
After I take down the display in my living room in a couple of weeks I will probably put them in a zip lock bag and put them in my sock drawer until needed. Tempted to put a couple in a safety deposit box in the bank...but that seems a bit extreme...

Regardless of what goes down in a while, I wont hoard. I'll still keep an eye out for anything vintage that comes my way, but just liking this soap is not quite enough for me to care enough to make sure I never run out. Very old stock pops up enough, as does Yardley and Old Spice, etc.. And if you're not into vintage prices..., Arko, Godrej, Derby, Blueness ... etc. etc..

Let's see...$1.19 plus tax at the local grocer. That's $1.31.

Cost me $1.92 to mail a puck to someone who buys it from me on ebay....That's $3.24. Ebay and PayPal charge 15%..so thats another 48 cents.

Total? $3.72.

Say, if I buy 10 pucks and sell them on ebay for $4.22, I can make FIVE dollars!!!! Whee!!!

Top Bottom