What's new

Can you Cerakote a straight?

I have a friend who does Cerakote and was wondering if this would work for a straight. I'm afraid that the baking process would untemper the steel.

Not sure about affecting the temper but I seriously doubt you could maintain the edge, once you coated it and protected the edge from coating you would have to reset the bevel as the additional coating would change the angle the as you honed it and the coating wore down it would have to be taken back to bevel pretty much every time but maybe I am missing something, if you wanted to try I would do it on a cheap gold dollar

I cold blued a couple GDs and it turned out well, taking several coats to get a uniform, solid black look to them (Parkerized look). Then, do you tape or grind off the bluing on the spine during honing? I still need to get them shoes to wear.

I cold blued a couple GDs and it turned out well, taking several coats to get a uniform, solid black look to them (Parkerized look). Then, do you tape or grind off the bluing on the spine during honing? I still need to get them shoes to wear.

Tape them or you'll lose the blowing and it'll look bad

Top Bottom