What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Haven't read the whole thread, but saw a brush, soap and straight razor scene last night on sci-fi series "Ascension" (on Netflix).

1960s-era people in space, using 60's technology. Anyways. Tall evil blonde *slowly* shaves evil politician while discussing evil plans.

AA

Just watched Monsoon Wedding again last week. There's a scene where the dad is shown with face lathered and a brush. But the shaving scene I think of when I imagine what I want my DE shaves to be like is in an obscure Jack Lemmon movie from 1973 called Save the Tiger (not shave, save). He's shaving with a DE razor and it looks so smooth and comfortable. For the first 10 months of wet shaving I would think, "But it looked so easy in that movie--no cuts, no irritation, no bumps".

Just saw Begin Again with Keira Knightly and Mark Ruffalo and there's a scene where he visits his ex wife and decides to shower and shave. They show him with a bunch of shaving cream on his face but they don't show him using a razor. They just cut to the next scene of him dressed up etc.

High Plains Drifter with Clint Eastwood. The barber gets started but is interrupted by a gunfight where Clint's "Man With No Name" kills three bad guys in a few seconds.

The Brink S01E01
Tim Robbins shaving with a electric shaver in his limo.

$The.Brink.S01E01.jpg

Just saw Begin Again with Keira Knightly and Mark Ruffalo and there's a scene where he visits his ex wife and decides to shower and shave. They show him with a bunch of shaving cream on his face but they don't show him using a razor. They just cut to the next scene of him dressed up etc.
Nice...any pics ?

Seinfeld episode "The Sponge" from 1995. Not a shaving scene, but an exterior shot of Pasteur's Pharmacy where Elaine goes to seek her favorite birth control aid.

I was interested and surprised by the shaving scene in the classic silent film The Big Parade. The hero is rich and carefree, and has a butler who shaves him with a "cut throat" straight razor. The butler lathered the hero's face and then put a hot towel on top of the lather. The rest of the shave wasn't shown, because the hero jumped out of his chair to watch the soldier's parading past his open window - on their way to World War I. A barber has told me that, yes, the hot towel was put on top of lather but then the face was re-lathered before shaving.
Got it....I'm going to see that movie soon, it's highly recommended

$Screenshot_2015-06-23-22-12-15.jpg

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, (someone must have) but Bob Geldof in Pink Floyd's the wall was my first ever view of DE shaving. Maybe there is a deep seated reason I waited 20 years to start myself...

Every time I see a shave scene on tv now I think of this thread! I was watching True Blood (TV series) yesterday and there was a straight razor scene were Warlow and Jason were shaving each other. Jason ends up cutting Warlow.

The blacklist season 2 episode 14. Red gets a straight razor shave from a barber while in captivity by the kings.
The whole nine yards, brush lather and the shave.
Around 19-20 minutes into the show without commercials.

Every time I see a shave scene on tv now I think of this thread! I was watching True Blood (TV series) yesterday and there was a straight razor scene were Warlow and Jason were shaving each other. Jason ends up cutting Warlow.
Great hunt....I put it there when I first saw it since I'm fan of True Blood tv show too.

• Tudors The (2007) Showtime S1/E1: Henry receives a straight razor shave from the royal barber.
  • Treasure Island (2012) Sky: Jim shaves Silver's head with a straight--[p 59]
  • True Blood (2013) HBO-S6/E4; Jason shaves himself and Warlow in dream sequence with a straight razor.[P 127]
  • Twilight Zone(1960) CBS, s3/e1: Charles Bronson shaves with a straight in war torn Germany.

Top Bottom