What's new

My La Lune arrived safely

Have you had any chance to play around with that b hone sized slab since your initial tests?
I've used it a lot actually. Its a quirky stone. I like it best using lather, but the mix has to be right.
Edge wise, it reminds me a lot of my Frictionite. Maybe capable of a notch or so better on the sharp side of things. If I lower the viscosity of the medium, I can dumb down the edge to a smoother place.

Yeah, the buffer is critical. I loathe the edges off of straight water. It's actually pretty tremendous as a refreshing stone.

Vosgienne is quite different imo. Vos tend to be glassier vs that weird glazed mud thing lunes have going on. I can use my vosgienne with water and get a great result. Vosgienne takes more laps. Vosgienne has zero feedback and line gives some.

Interesting. I definately need to speed up my Lune purchase. I thought they would be more similar.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Identifying these stones is confusing to me. I don't even know which one mine is.
What ever it is, it cuts pretty slow and leaves a very refined edge that's a bit harsh for my liking. I think fewer laps might help with that.

I am STOKED about this.... 9.76"x2.36"x.82" of what would have most likely been stamped with a special stone label, but some got the lune stamp almost interchangeably. I am in the wait stage now... Waiting for le poste and waiting to see if the careful packaging you begged for at 32 euros actually happens or if the frenchman just smashes your hone into an egg crate with minimal tape (this happened before).

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
Curious to see if the fineness stamp survives on the side. Acquiring one of these has been pure frustration for me. A labelled one turned up a few months ago nearly this big and I put what I felt was a monstrous bid for one of these as it pissed all over the high water mark for any of these cost-wise and I still got sniped. I quit trying after that, but then I saw this the other day. Sebastian was eerily accurate with his prediction of what the end cost would be.... He played it down, but he clearly knows the eu market... He was off by a whole 3 euros...

Need to lap this, reinstate the loopy chamfer and finish it off on the lap. Then I do believe it is time to get out a good razor.

French shock and awe!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

One big difference from a lune right off the bat are the pockmarks. They appear to be beds for crystalline inclusions which only halfheartedly took hold. Second is instead of a glazed effect like you get with the lune, this almost looks like a lead bar that twinkles. It feels crazy fine.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Same thing here with the pock marks

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 35
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg