What's new

Gillette 4 blade dispender?

I would check the back of the dispenser to see where it was made (ie US vs UK) as that may narrow it down. It looks like 1958-1960 era (roughly).
IIRC, the 4-count came with US razor kits and 6-count came in the UK versions.

Dispensers of four

I have only seen those included with NOS Tech razors for sale on Canadian ebay. Super Blue Blades were first introduced in 1958, but they were not included with any Gillette sets until the second quarter of 1959. That means it’s more likely that the blades date from the early 60s.

Dispensers of four

I have only seen those included with NOS Tech razors for sale on Canadian ebay. Super Blue Blades were first introduced in 1958, but they were not included with any Gillette sets until the second quarter of 1959. That means it’s more likely that the blades date from the early 60s.

This one is coming from a guy in Canada actually. Have you got a picture of a tech with this dispenser?
Thanks.

My 1959 Fat Boy came with a 6-blade Super Blue Blade dispenser that is otherwise identical to this 4-blade dispenser.

Hope this helps dating the blades.
Sorry that I am unable to help with the razor model.

B.

Last edited:
This one is coming from a guy in Canada actually. Have you got a picture of a tech with this dispenser?
Thanks.

This one will suffice because it is a BIN, link. According to one seller, they are NOS Techs from Canadian government. That sounds about right to me because I recall seeing some up for sale on an alternative auction website awhile back. Incidentally, I think the razor’s handle is made of aluminum and the cap of Zamak.

This one will suffice because it is a BIN, link. According to one seller, they are NOS Techs from Canadian government. That sounds about right to me because I recall seeing some up for sale on an alternative auction website awhile back. Incidentally, I think the razor’s handle is made of aluminum and the cap of Zamak.

you are right - I´ve forgot this set in my collection. It´s a Canadian set with Canadian Dispenser and Made in England Tech. The razor is full nickel plated and weights 62g:

$2015-05-01 11-42-30_0009.jpg

$2015-05-01 11-41-35_0002.jpg

$2015-05-01 11-41-45_0004.jpg

$2015-05-01 11-42-58_0011.jpg

$2015-05-01 11-43-38_0015.jpg

Excellent - thanks guys!

Funny, I just bought one of these Tech's a few weeks ago from a thrift store here in Canada. Now I have the correct blades too. :001_smile

Mine was made in England but is date stamped like an American ( M4, I think, which would put it to 1967)

It´s a Canadian set with Canadian Dispenser and Made in England Tech. The razor is full nickel plated and weights 62g ...

Thanks for mentioning where the blades were manufactured, Achim. I was curious about that because Boston and Montreal seemed like the only possibilities.

Mine was made in England but is date stamped like an American ( M4, I think, which would put it to 1967)

That date code suggests the razor originally came with the earliest version of the Super Stainless (i.e., the Spoiler). Achim has a picture of one of these Tech sets, here. Not sure if that's your razor though.

Oh, you're right. And yes, this is the Tech I was talking about. It's a nice looking razor and very mild.
Thanks.

Top Bottom