What's new

Wolfman WRH2 handle just arrived

What can I say? I am really blown away at how beautiful this handle is. Honestly, it is almost too perfect! I put it on one of my ATT's and it is not a good match because of its refined craftsmanship.

Since I plan on putting it on a S2 Slant ATT head, I did a little experiment with the cap of my R1. I took the cap only, screwed it to a handle, then used Flitz to polish the cap to match in with the handle. The WRH2 is a mix of high-polish and matte stainless. I only spent 15 minutes on the cap, and it is so much nicer! The contrast of polished cap, juxtaposed with the brushed plate looks GREAT!

If you are wanting a UFO handle, but can't even get an email reply back, buy from James. It is every bit as beautiful a handle!

Packaging was awesome. It came over-protected, over-wrapped in tissue & bubble wrap,and boxed in a very sturdy little box with the Wolfman Razors logo on it.

This is a very fine piece of artwork. I can't wait to own more from James.

While waiting on the safety bar head (polished) I've waffled between the different handles. I don't like #3 but I do like #1, #2 as well as the "surplus" models. The #2 is probably what I'd go with, so I'm glad to hear you like it.

While waiting on the safety bar head (polished) I've waffled between the different handles. I don't like #3 but I do like #1, #2 as well as the "surplus" models. The #2 is probably what I'd go with, so I'm glad to hear you like it.

Same exact preferences with me. I don't care for the #3. I definitely like the surplus models.

Impeccable work in stainless.

this is the same handle i have with my wolfman razor and i absolutely love it. can you post pics of your razor? i'm not really a polished stainless steel type of dude, but i'd like to see.

this is the same handle i have with my wolfman razor and i absolutely love it. can you post pics of your razor? i'm not really a polished stainless steel type of dude, but i'd like to see.

I promise I will do that when I am home today. For now, here is what it looks like with the two-tone matte/polish.

$image.jpg

+1 on Wolfman going mano a mano with UFO on handles. I'd be a buyer. And I have 4 shaving nephews.

You know, I have made comments about UFO before, and think it would be polite to let the people that love your art know if they intend to make them again. To me it feels like a contempt for those that appreciate you the most.

I want a couple of UFO handles as much or more than anyone, but don't like the ignoring of a fan base.

No kidding, James makes a handle that is just as beautiful. The scored lines may differ a little bit, but just as gorgeous for sure. I will be buying more from him.

You know, I have made comments about UFO before, and think it would be polite to let the people that love your art know if they intend to make them again. To me it feels like a contempt for those that appreciate you the most.

I want a couple of UFO handles as much or more than anyone, but don't like the ignoring of a fan base.

No kidding, James makes a handle that is just as beautiful. The scored lines may differ a little bit, but just as gorgeous for sure. I will be buying more from him.

The Wolfman handles are top notch. No doubt. I should have mine in a couple of days. But, UFO doesn't owe you anything for being a fan. He makes them when he makes them. Buy them if you want to - or not. For the money Wolfman handles are a much better deal than UFO handles and I like the Wolfman better. FWIW.

I thought it was pretty clear that UFO is not taking orders. That's what the website says (and has said for some time now) anyway. If a manufacturer is no longer manufacturing a product I'd say that means the company is no longer in business, no? But it seems in this hobby NOT providing customer service just makes people want your product more (cf. UFO handles, M&F brushes).

Last edited:
The Wolfman handles are top notch. No doubt. I should have mine in a couple of days. But, UFO doesn't owe you anything for being a fan. He makes them when he makes them. Buy them if you want to - or not. For the money Wolfman handles are a much better deal than UFO handles and I like the Wolfman better. FWIW.

Did I say they owe me anything? It's called polite business. It's called being forthcoming about when you will resume production again. How about just saying yes or no, instead of "NOT TAKING ORDERS". LOL

I don't think what I have said is out of the realm of top notch businesses that anyone would agree with. I would probably buy quite a few of UFO's product, but considering their silence, maybe I won't. I am sure they couldn't care less either.

I am very happy with no UFO, and will continue to spend my money with those that want it, and actually treat me like I am a valued customer.

Last edited:
Did I say they owe me anything? It's called polite business. It's called being forthcoming about when you will resume production again. How about just saying yes or no, instead of "NOT TAKING ORDERS". LOL

I don't think what I have said is out of the realm of top notch businesses that anyone would agree with. I would probably buy quite a few of UFO's product, but considering heir silence, maybe I won't. I am sure they couldn't care less either.

I am very happy with no UFO, and will continue to spend my money with those that want it, and actually treat me like I am a valued customer.

Should I tell you about this cheerleader I loved from afar who wouldn't give me the time of day....

What can I say? I am really blown away at how beautiful this handle is. Honestly, it is almost too perfect! I put it on one of my ATT's and it is not a good match because of its refined craftsmanship.

Since I plan on putting it on a S2 Slant ATT head, I did a little experiment with the cap of my R1. I took the cap only, screwed it to a handle, then used Flitz to polish the cap to match in with the handle. The WRH2 is a mix of high-polish and matte stainless. I only spent 15 minutes on the cap, and it is so much nicer! The contrast of polished cap, juxtaposed with the brushed plate looks GREAT!

If you are wanting a UFO handle, but can't even get an email reply back, buy from James. It is every bit as beautiful a handle!

Packaging was awesome. It came over-protected, over-wrapped in tissue & bubble wrap,and boxed in a very sturdy little box with the Wolfman Razors logo on it.

This is a very fine piece of artwork. I can't wait to own more from James.

Don't get me wrong. The Wolfman handles do look nice (and I have a BBS-1, of which I'm very fond), but you're kidding yourself if you think that they're the equal of the UFO handles. I'd also probably argue that the Above The Tie handles are nicer than the Wolfman handles, but that's a much closer call. I only have one UFO handle (a TiTAN FINE L), but it's in an entirely different league than any other handle that I've seen or owned (so there's no knock here on James' work, of which I'm a fan).

BTW, I'm also thinking about polishing my ATT heads. I already did polish my Atlas and Kronos handles (the smooth portions only), and I like them much better now. The juxtaposition of the brushed and polished finishes is very striking and considerably more visually interesting.

Don't get me wrong. The Wolfman handles do look nice (and I have a BBS-1, of which I'm very fond), but you're kidding yourself if you think that they're the equal of the UFO handles. I'd also probably argue that the Above The Tie handles are nicer than the Wolfman handles, but that's a much closer call. I only have one UFO handle (a TiTAN FINE L), but it's in an entirely different league than any other handle that I've seen or owned (so there's no knock here on James' work, of which I'm a fan).

BTW, I'm also thinking about polishing my ATT heads. I already did polish my Atlas and Kronos handles (the smooth portions only), and I like them much better now. The juxtaposition of the brushed and polished finishes is very striking and considerably more visually interesting.

I agree. What you said is true. The UFO does have a more distinctively special treatment of the engraving, and you can see it, but I can order from James, and have his artwork about a week later. He is professional, and prompt at answering e mails. He also took the time to tell me what is going on at his shop, why he is backlogged, and when he will have stuff ready for me to buy. He cares enough to take time to answer one of many emails from a guy that he doesn't know will really purchase. That means more to me than anything. Plus, what I received is amazing, and in my hands.

As much as I love Stan's service and products (and I plan to buy more), there is no comparison with James' handles at all for ATT. My Wolfman handle is art, more highly refined, and executed like a UFO, with less intense machining.

I agree. What you said is true. The UFO does have a more distinctively special treatment of the engraving, and you can see it, but I can order from James, and have his artwork about a week later. He is professional, and prompt at answering e mails. He also took the time to tell me what is going on at his shop, why he is backlogged, and when he will have stuff ready for me to buy. He cares enough to take time to answer one of many emails from a guy that he doesn't know will really purchase. That means more to me than anything. Plus, what I received is amazing, and in my hands.

As much as I love Stan's service and products (and I plan to buy more), there is no comparison with James' handles at all for ATT. My Wolfman handle is art, more highly refined, and executed like a UFO, with less intense machining.

Here here. From someone who has owned both (and is selling the ATT), Wolfman heads and handles are miles better IMEO.

Last edited:
To be fair, I am talking about the handles offered by Wolfman and ATT. I absolutely love all my ATT heads!

Based on the handles James makes, I expect the razors to be outstanding in everything.

Top Bottom