What's new

Please identify this razor

I just bought an old shaving box that also has some small boxes, a mirror,a shoe-on and also an open comb safety razor. "Made in France" is clearly written on the boxes but the razor has no identification. The razor seems not so special but still I am curious to know about the history of the razor and the box. it would be nice if anybody could tell about the details of the make or about its history and date of production.
$rsz_123c.jpg$rsz_125c.jpg$rsz_129c.jpg$rsz_130c.jpg$rsz_133c.jpg

Hang on a second and Edgar will be along to answer this one for you.
I really don't have a clue what that one is, But it looks nice!!!
Have you shaved with it yet?

These unmarked razors are almost impossible to ID, there were so many manufacturers all around the world making copies of Gillette razors, and most razors don't have any marks.

There's a few well known French manufacturers, but I don't think this was made by one of them. Maybe someone else has more info, or even one of those sets.

Probably from the 30s or 40s but that's just my guess. It's a neat set, congrats. Let us know how it shaves. [emoji106]

Hang on a second and Edgar will be along to answer this one for you.
I really don't have a clue what that one is, But it looks nice!!!
Have you shaved with it yet?

Yes. I shaved with it yesterday using a voskhod blade. This was the very first time I used an open comb razor. It seemed a little harsh but on neck it was a smooth shave and a DFS.

Yes. I shaved with it yesterday using a voskhod blade. This was the very first time I used an open comb razor. It seemed a little harsh but on neck it was a smooth shave and a DFS.

Well if it shave good enough then all is not lost. Even if you don't find out about it's history and maker.

If it's useful that is really all that matters in the end.:thumbup1:

Well if it shave good enough then all is not lost. Even if you don't find out about it's history and maker.

If it's useful that is really all that matters in the end.:thumbup1:

I just paid 300 Rs. (roughly 3$) so I have not lost any thing. Its shaving quite nicely, at least a lot better then that of Feather Popular for which I paid 10$ and I am not able to get a good shave. Whatever angle I try and how many number of passes, it does not give a BBS or close shaves.

These unmarked razors are almost impossible to ID, there were so many manufacturers all around the world making copies of Gillette razors, and most razors don't have any marks.

There's a few well known French manufacturers, but I don't think this was made by one of them. Maybe someone else has more info, or even one of those sets.

Probably from the 30s or 40s but that's just my guess. It's a neat set, congrats. Let us know how it shaves. [emoji106]

Thanks. I understand that its not one of the popular ones. But the box and other stuff is nice. Yes, May be someone else who has this kit could come and tell some details.

Yeah, it is hard to tell sometimes. I have an old bakelite that I have been wanting info on for a long time. I just happened upon a thread that mentioned the brand contact that has a propeller on the cap and everything fell into place. I was able to find more info about it and even found a picture of a new one. Just keep using it if you like it and don't sweat it.

Top Bottom