What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Erinmore Flake in an unmarked Rhodesian? Is this a Rhodesian? Saddled diamond stem and shank. But the bowl isn't what I commonly see as a Rhodesian/bulldog.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428707465.540060.jpg

I also restored this pipe for a friend who just fell in love with the shape.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428707509.613261.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428707525.827581.jpg

It was antique store dirty, inside and out! But it's all cleaned up and settling before my friends maiden smoke in it on Sunday. Hope it smokes well for him, the drilling isn't exactly what I would consider super well done.

Tobacco Barn's Black Velvet that I had purchased in May of last year, and never tried before, in a Marxman Author. As an Aro, it is vaguely similar to FMC. I don't like Aros especially, but this one was not bad. Plenty of smoke, and absolutely no tongue bite. Seems to be a very light Vanilla with just a hint of something smokey. Just put a pinch in my cheek to see if I can figure out what it is.

It's not bad as dip either. Still can't pick out the other flavors.

I am smoking 10 year old 2015 in a 25 year old Missouri Meerschaum General. Evidently the corn crop the year this pipe was made produced smaller cobs because the bowl is much more slender than the Generals that are being sold today. The pipe has taken on a beautiful yellow color that the new cobs just cannot match.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
GH Black Irish X rope in a n old Butz Choquin billiard. I forgot how "meaty" the X tastes! It's an oddball but I like it.

Top Bottom