I have a couple triple milled shaving soap
pucks that were collecting dust. Now they
have become my bath soaps. I am amazed
how squeaky clean I am afterwards, plus the
ingredient list is a great deal smaller than
thst of my most recent gel.
Gel ingredient list:

Shaving/turned bath soap ingredient list:
Ingredients: Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Palm Kernel Acid, Limonene, Parfum (Fragrance), Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Linalool, Citral, Coumarin, CI 77891

This has also inspired my to try D.R. Harris shampoo pucks.
We shall see when my Fendrihans order arrives.

I am also using a triple milled shave soap as bath soap , one that was not getting much use , it works very well and lasts a long time.

I use a quality bar of soap with minimal ingredients for EVERYTHING in the shower. I rub it on my head to wash my hair. The glut of modern showering/bathing products is nothing more than a marketing racket. A good bar of soap is all anyone needs. You keep your 10 bottles of goop and your loofah sponges.

A lot of discussions here and elsewhere have centered around shower gels being just a cheaper product designed to get you to use more in less time thus increasing sales and profit to the producer. IMHO this is the case.

Bar soap, especially high quality bar soap, is much more economical and easier on the skin in the long run but it's not as profitable.

Experiment and use what you like no matter what anyone else tells you. Listen to your body. There are many roads to Rome travel the one you like best.

Chris

Try reading the ingredient list on processed food, it looks about the same as the shower gel! Whole foods (not the grocery store) and bar soaps here...

I use stirling bath soap and love it - after seeing this post I will try using this on my hair as well!

Cheers for the inspiration
Benz

I use a quality bar of soap with minimal ingredients for EVERYTHING in the shower. I rub it on my head to wash my hair. The glut of modern showering/bathing products is nothing more than a marketing racket. A good bar of soap is all anyone needs. You keep your 10 bottles of goop and your loofah sponges.

I have long ago given up arguing with SWMBO about soaps. SWMBO has a soap for her face, she has soap for her body, shampoo, conditioner, something to remove oils, to re-hydrate, exfoliate, and on and on and on.

Me? I use soap. Everywhere. I am currently thinking of using Williams shave soap as my regular soap for the bath/shower, instead of for shaving. At less than $2.00 a puck it would not have to last long to be a bargain.

I'm a lot more like your SWMBO lol I have 3 shampoos, I use some of her conditioners, BUT I have a few different natural bar soaps that I use on my face and body ( plus a face scrub gel )

I switched this year to Stirling bar soap afters years of "body wash". No dryness or flaking skin all winter. Wife wants to try the pine tar. Remembers using it years ago and liking how it left her skin feeling.

I've been using bath soaps consistently for over a year. However, I really like Every Man Jack body wash. My favorite bar soap was Shea Moisture Triple Butter soap. You can use it for your hair and body. But it was also $8 a bar and I would be lucky to get a month out of a bar.

Nothing like a good bar of soap! Body wash/shower gel has been a trend since the turn of the century, but bar soap will never go out of style.

Here, here. Tell it, bro!

Top Bottom