What's new

Suede Chukkas - Grey vs Brown?

Thinking of picking up a pair of suede chukka boots. Would mostly get used to dress up a nice pair of dark jeans but if I can wear them with chinos, I might go for something more versatile.

Originally I was thinking a pair of grey Clarks. Seems like they would go well with very dark jeans and look sharp. But now I'm struggling to think of what color chinos would go with them. I suppose I could go with a very light khaki.

On the flip side, brown suede boots seem to go well with almost everything. Only "problem" would be that I have a pair of brown boots already and plan to add a high quality tan calf shoe soon. Not sure if I'd have too many brown shoes, if that's even a concern.

So your thoughts...grey or brown, and what color chinos would you go with?

Brown (dark or light doesn't matter too much). They will work well with khakis and also with your jeans.

I would recommend to get JCrew Macallisters instead - Italian made suede chukkas. You can find them on sale for ~$100.
Their quality is better than Clarks

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Originally I was thinking a pair of grey Clarks. Seems like they would go well with very dark jeans and look sharp. But now I'm struggling to think of what color chinos would go with them.

Can you post a photo of the grey shoes you have in mind? I think it will help if we see aprox how "dark or light" the grey is.

Here's the grey boot.

Wife really thought grey was the way to go so I ended up ordering it, but I have a feeling I'll want a pair of tan ones eventually.

Now my thought is I could either go with a light colored chino or even black/charcoal.

proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Now my thought is I could either go with a light colored chino or even black/charcoal.

Nice ... I'd stay away from black/charcoal pants, though. Mind you, that'd look nice with an olive chino.

Top Bottom