What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Billetti with Sbux Espresso

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 47
The last grind of the Guatemalan I roasted last week.

BIG snow last evening so not sure when I can roast again :sad:

Went into Starbucks and ordered a large blonde roast coffee and a food item. The cashier attended to the food first and came back and asked you wanted a "Tall" right? I agreed without really thinking as tall is usually considered bigger than small/short in plain language. Even though I might know they use Venti or some similar term, I never order using those terms. As I examined the receipt I realized I ordered the wrong size and tried to pay up the difference. But the guy was nice and just made me a new cup. As I walked out of the store I realized he had poured a cup of their darkest roast. :-( Since he had fixed my order once I stuck with it.

Went into Starbucks and ordered a large blonde roast coffee and a food item. The cashier attended to the food first and came back and asked you wanted a "Tall" right? I agreed without really thinking as tall is usually considered bigger than small/short in plain language. Even though I might know they use Venti or some similar term, I never order using those terms. As I examined the receipt I realized I ordered the wrong size and tried to pay up the difference. But the guy was nice and just made me a new cup. As I walked out of the store I realized he had poured a cup of their darkest roast. :-( Since he had fixed my order once I stuck with it.
I often get an upgraded cup size for free, when I ask them to leave room for lots, I mean LOTS of cream. So they give me 16oz of coffee in a 20oz cup. I pay for a Grande, fill it up with Half-n-Half and walk out with a Venti.

The best Starbucks I ever had was around 2008. I was working a job that started at 04:30, and there just happened to be a Starbucks that was open 24 hours on my way to work. As luck would have it, at the time I arrived, 03:45 every morning, that was when they cut their drawer and made their daily cash deposit. So they didn't have a working cash register when I arrived, and they always gave me my drink for free. I tipped them $1 every day, but it was way better than paying the full $3 or whatever that a Venti coffee cost. It got to be such a routine that I didn't even have to place my order ... when they saw me drive up and park at the sidewalk in front of the store, they had my drink ready as soon as I walked inside.

I'm glad that Starbucks now offers multiple roasts throughout the day. Up until about a year ago, they only served Pike Place after 12noon, but now there are one or two other choices when I roll in around mid-afternoon. I like Pike Place, but its nice to have choices, too. Lately, I've been drinking their dark roasts since it does a better job warming me up in this bitter cold weather.

100% Kona (medium blend) that I just brought back from Kona a few days ago. I purchased six bags of beans. Fantastic coffee. Retail price is $48 per pound. I bought mine at the Kona Farmers Market from a small local grower for $16 per pound.

Top Bottom