What's new

Corn Cob Collections, What Do You Have?

Hello everyone, I looked everywhere for corn cob collections but couldn't find any. So I decided I's start a thread about...
CORN COB COLLECTIONS!!

I love corn cob pipes and have a pretty good collection
$Corn Cob Collection.jpg
I will be ordering more soon, especially the Rob Roy pipes and the Cobbit Wizard!
So what do you have for your corn cob collection?

Nice, cobbers!

I'll get a picture up later. Mark Twain is my favorite cob followed by the Morgan Nosewarmer and Ozark Bent.

Poorboy; Yeah, sorry about my neat-freakiness LOL!! That is a very nice collection.
You have The Wizard and The Shire churchwardens!
I want to get more from Missouri Meerschaum and any other company that makes a quality corn cob pipe.

Senshi; I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.
I have to see what the Morgan Nosewarmer is. It sounds pretty interesting.

I have no problem with your "neat-freakishness" as long as you don't have a problem with my slobbishness. I do have the two Cobbits (with the other two in the mail). The stems on them are Walker Briar Works though. I have WBW on all my favorite cobs. I would recommend looking into them if you haven't already.

I would have to agree with Senshi about the Morgan. I've smoked a lot of the MM styles and it's probably a tie between the Morgan and the hardwood Diplomat.

Last edited:
Nice collections!

Do we count the MM hardwood pipes too?

My somewhat more humble collection consists of maybe a dozen direct-from-China $1.50 eBay cobs, two MM Legends (one probably ~8 years old, one a year old from a MM bag-o-seconds), something that I think is a MM Pony Express (label is missing and origin unknown), a year-old Ozark cherry that I smoke more than anything else for the past year, two brand new Ozark cherries, and an Ozark maple that I recently started smoking that immediately became my favorite pipe (with a straight stem from a Legend).

Actually, there's one in poorboy's picture. It's right in the middle.

Directly to the right of the Wizard stem, better pictures can be found on the MM website.

ADD - speaking of Morgans and WBW (since I kind of was)... WBW now makes the nosewarmer stems to fit the Morgans.

Last edited:
Sad to say, I have 0 cobs. I have gifted cobs to buddies for pipe nights, but I inherited/stole a bunch of my dad's pipes that he no longer used so i never needed a cob. I have thought about a country gentleman though, just to have one in the rotation.

I have around 14 cobs after getting the MM Grab Bag of Seconds. Have only smoked out of 5 of them. :lol:

I like having the cobs around just in case someone comes to visit and wants to try out a pipe.

Sad to say, I have 0 cobs. I have gifted cobs to buddies for pipe nights, but I inherited/stole a bunch of my dad's pipes that he no longer used so i never needed a cob. I have thought about a country gentleman though, just to have one in the rotation.

I don't trust a pipe smoker that doesn't have at least one cob :glare::laugh:

I'm sure it would be different if I could get a proper MM cob around here, but they only have cheap Fuji brand in store. Maybe I will toss one in my next order to win your approval! [emoji57]

LOL!!!
I feel the exact same way, a trustworthy pipe smoker has to have atleast ONE cob Hehehehehe....

I really like the Walker Briar Works stems. I LOVE the Black Rose shade, and I guess many others do as well because it's ALWAYS OUT OF STOCK!!!:mad3:

The Nose Warmer is a very nice little pipe.
I think I'll order a couple of them, along with the new Mac Arthur pipe.
It looks just like his personal pipe from all the old pictures.

I really like the Walker Briar Works stems. I LOVE the Black Rose shade, and I guess many others do as well because it's ALWAYS OUT OF STOCK!!!:mad3:

It so happens the stem on my Diplomat is a WBW in black rose. I am also a big fan of Tortoise. Just seems classic somehow.

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Here's my collection. Starting at the top, left to right, row by row:
My Old Faithful Legend (my first pipe), Washington, Missouri Pride
Eaton, Pony Express, Shortstop
Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer, two mini cobs (one natural, one varnished) and a mini Ozark
Diplomat, Country Gentleman, Great Dane Spool
Mark Twain, Patriot, bent Ozark
Hardwood Diplomat, hardwood Gent, straight Ozark
MacArthur 5-Star, General, classic MacArthur
On the far right is a bent Ozark with Walker stem, and on the far left is a custom-ordered churchwarden, a bent Gent with MacArthur stem.

$IMAG2020-1.jpg

There's still several I'd like to get. I don't have a Freehand yet, or a Morgan, or a Great Dane Spindle, and a couple of those Cobbits are definitely on my list.

My collection only consists of two cobs, both MM's of course. After 8 years and about $2,000 spent on quality briars, I finally caved and bought a cob. Absolutely loved it! Definitely buying more - smoking Da Vinci out of a cob was truly a fantastic experience.

i can't keep cobs if my life depended on it, I only have 3 in my rotation but ive probably have bought at least 15+ total. I keep giving them out to people who want to try a pipe.

I am sad to report that I've but a handful of cobbs. 4 Country Gentlemen (3 bent and a straight); a huck finn straight; and a legend straight. I have found the drafts to be a bit more open than I prefer since spending some time behind a briar. Perhaps I should check around for a smaller draft stem?

This should be interesting for the Cobb Connoisseurs

Top Bottom