What's new

2015 Online Purchase Sabbatical

still strong and no temptatio.

Since i got mt tcheon fung sing soaps i hhaven't been able to put them down. they are amazing. my only complaint is that the lathermay actuallybe too slick. After every lather i have to go to the alum for my hands just to get a good grip on my straights. These soaps will b long gone bbefore the end of this sabbatica....and they are on my short restock list.

still strong and no temptatio.

Since i got mt tcheon fung sing soaps i hhaven't been able to put them down. they are amazing. my only complaint is that the lathermay actuallybe too slick. After every lather i have to go to the alum for my hands just to get a good grip on my straights. These soaps will b long gone bbefore the end of this sabbatica....and they are on my short restock list.

Come on over to the 3017 thread!

Still going through samples here, reducing the den clutter. :)

I am on my last soap/cream sample out of about 10, I forgot how many I started with. I decided to 3017 them, get rid of them all at once. Been at it since November 26.
Have 3 shaves on a sample of Stirling Scots Pine Sheep, at least a week to go on it.

Still in and still working through my Suavecito. I'm thinking I might have another week or two out of the tub. It feels really good making progress!

I am on my last soap/cream sample out of about 10, I forgot how many I started with. I decided to 3017 them, get rid of them all at once. Been at it since November 26.
Have 3 shaves on a sample of Stirling Scots Pine Sheep, at least a week to go on it.

I didn't start focusing on just those till Jan 1st, and even then I tossed a few Tabac shaves in the mix. The Mike's Barbershop will be the next to complete, I have *maybe* 2 shaves worth left on the ring at the bottom of the bowl.

Still in and still working through my Suavecito. I'm thinking I might have another week or two out of the tub. It feels really good making progress!

It is definitely nice to see the number of things stacked up to use decreasing a bit. lol

So far, I've finished nothing up yet. I have another week or two on my tube of Prorasso Sandalwood, then it will be on to a few samples, than probably Dr. Harris Lavender. Either that, or a tub of AoS Sandalwood. I might go with the Sandalwood because it is cold out and save the Lavender for spring.

I killed off the last of the Mike's this morning. I'll have a look tonight and decide what stuff to rotate through till it's gone. I still want variety, so I'll put into rotation 2 or 3 things I'm looking to finish off.

Yep, I'm rockin' this Online Shave Purchase Sabbatical.

One order placed at WestCoastShaving.... For the B&B A5 Notebook Cover, a black Platinum Plaisir with 03 Fine Nib, and the Platinum converter.
Also, an order placed at isellpens for a black Pilot 78g with Fine nib, an Aston Double Pen Slip, and 4 samples of Diamine Ink (Chocolate Brown, Classic Red, Grape, and Graphite).

No shaving purchases in sight...

Yep, I'm rockin' this Online Shave Purchase Sabbatical.

One order placed at WestCoastShaving.... For the B&B A5 Notebook Cover, a black Platinum Plaisir with 03 Fine Nib, and the Platinum converter.
Also, an order placed at isellpens for a black Pilot 78g with Fine nib, an Aston Double Pen Slip, and 4 samples of Diamine Ink (Chocolate Brown, Classic Red, Grape, and Graphite).

No shaving purchases in sight...

I actually just got my A6 B&B leather cover. Truly great workmanship on that.

I've been thinking about the A5 cover for taking notes. Do you know if the paper refills will continue to be made? They seem kind of proprietary with the cut corners.

I've been thinking about the A5 cover for taking notes. Do you know if the paper refills will continue to be made? They seem kind of proprietary with the cut corners.

Well, if Franklin Christoph stops making the refill, I can tell you 100% positive that the same sized notebooks from Rhodia fit in the cover as well. I have the Rhodia in my cover right now, since I'd already started writing in it, and put the FC one it came with aside as a spare/replacement once needed.

Day 20, and still in.

Haven't even been tempted so far.
Between the online purchase sabbatical, the nib sabbatical and doing the total money makeover, 2015 is off to a pretty good start :thumbsup:

I found my unused lapping sheet assortment in my mess of an office, and did some research and decoded what colors are what grit/micron. I cut them up into 4 strips per sheet and maybe tomorrow I will pull out my box of straights, blow off the dust, and see what I will try to hone up first. Using stuff you already have is a great way to beat off the AD blues. Still not going to shave with one tomorrow, maybe, maybe, Wednesday's shave. We will see.

I found my unused lapping sheet assortment in my mess of an office, and did some research and decoded what colors are what grit/micron. I cut them up into 4 strips per sheet and maybe tomorrow I will pull out my box of straights, blow off the dust, and see what I will try to hone up first. Using stuff you already have is a great way to beat off the AD blues. Still not going to shave with one tomorrow, maybe, maybe, Wednesday's shave. We will see.

That's the main purpose of the sabbatical to me:
Boredom leads to improved skills and enlightenment!

The saved money is no motivation to me. It will for sure be spent with other hobbies or my wife or my children or a broken dishwasher or ...

Top Bottom