What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

On my last day of mustachioed glory, I finally stumble upon my perfect wax: Elmer's School Glue stick. Thank you, Uncle Gus. Sadly, the stache must be sacrificed for a very important interview. Au revoir, mon Cherie.

Back to the trusty Pinaud in black ! Another tip/observation, I was late for work had zero time. This combed in and was formed into a seriously awesome English spike in under a minute. Held like cement all day and washed out with water. Cast $4 it's really aside from being a bit drying an awesome product when your in a rush.

strop

Now half as wise
Back to the trusty Pinaud in black ! Another tip/observation, I was late for work had zero time. This combed in and was formed into a seriously awesome English spike in under a minute. Held like cement all day and washed out with water. Cast $4 it's really aside from being a bit drying an awesome product when your in a rush.

Nice to hear that it works well for you. I've come to the conclusion that this is dependent on the type of mustache hair one has. Mine is thick and wiry, and Pinaud alone just will not shape and hold even an English.

Tried Man's Face Stuff for the first time today. While not as bad as the Apothecary 87 (that was a ringing endorsement, wasn't it:lol:) it is still is too greasy with little hold for me.

I've settled into the Dubs wax with proraso top coat and tips for a daily driver sort of setup it seems. Good combo with minimal work and effort needed.

I've been curious about the Dubs cream vs the Dubs wax vs the Proraso cream... any comparison info you can pass on?

Well the Proraso is much as you have described very easy on, easy to re-work, but for me the hold is so light, that I would have to reapply often and or place a top coat of G2bG to hold the tips. If going natural or a mellow "English" it is fine, but if your going "Mordecai" it isn't enough. In contrast the Dubs Cream was billed as strong hold, hence why I opted for that. I was worried however, that it would be very sticky like firehouse wt, love the stuff, but I have issues applying it. To my surprise is was almost putty like did not have to warm, wnet on neutral and seemed to immediately emulsify in the stache. Easy to form, but plable. As I write this there is not "crispiness" and remains in a good hold, as I went "Mordecai" today:001_smile.

I have not tried the Wax, as the Light to medium hold scared me off, however I was looking to an alternative of the G2bG as , although great hold, you have to work quick and once its locked, its locked and if you try to comb it dry, you have lost the stache LOL, only wetting it will release. So I had resolved to using two products, but since I do that with Hair pomades, it is just adding more time to the daily routine. I think the Dubs Cream might be the answer for me. It is similar, to a formula I have been playing with on my Franken-wax I have been making at home So far so good. Hope that helps

Well the Proraso is much as you have described very easy on, easy to re-work, but for me the hold is so light, that I would have to reapply often and or place a top coat of G2bG to hold the tips. If going natural or a mellow "English" it is fine, but if your going "Mordecai" it isn't enough. In contrast the Dubs Cream was billed as strong hold, hence why I opted for that. I was worried however, that it would be very sticky like firehouse wt, love the stuff, but I have issues applying it. To my surprise is was almost putty like did not have to warm, wnet on neutral and seemed to immediately emulsify in the stache. Easy to form, but plable. As I write this there is not "crispiness" and remains in a good hold, as I went "Mordecai" today:001_smile.

I have not tried the Wax, as the Light to medium hold scared me off, however I was looking to an alternative of the G2bG as , although great hold, you have to work quick and once its locked, its locked and if you try to comb it dry, you have lost the stache LOL, only wetting it will release. So I had resolved to using two products, but since I do that with Hair pomades, it is just adding more time to the daily routine. I think the Dubs Cream might be the answer for me. It is similar, to a formula I have been playing with on my Franken-wax I have been making at home So far so good. Hope that helps

Ok, excellent. Sounds like the Dubs cream is still more super soft wax like than the Proraso wax that is completely cream like... reminds me of soap, soft soft, cream, and croap... which is what?? lol

Ok, excellent. Sounds like the Dubs cream is still more super soft wax like than the Proraso wax that is completely cream like... reminds me of soap, soft soft, cream, and croap... which is what?? lol

LOL:thumbup: I would equate to Wood Putty, but smoother or 3-day old Hummus :lol:

LOL:thumbup: I would equate to Wood Putty, but smoother or 3-day old Hummus :lol:

The dubs wax isn't much different in consistency in the tin... so it's just a different amount of hold in the formula difference... I guess. I've settled on the English style, so that's all the hold I need with the Proraso.

The dubs wax isn't much different in consistency in the tin... so it's just a different amount of hold in the formula difference... I guess. I've settled on the English style, so that's all the hold I need with the Proraso.

My facial hair grows at the speed of snail, so I have the constant argument with myself as to natural, English, Western, or curled. My SWMBO thinks I am nuts talking to myself, or should I say to my stache LOL, every day. I had a full Goatee and Mustache then decided to re- train, grow it out and it has been agonizing as I am about 7 months in total with the handlebar growing since Late September, early October. As Mark put it I am in the tough part of the grow, but determined LOL, much to my wife's chagrin. In fact as I mentioned somewhere else, my wife has taken on the Gweneth Paltrow role of the teaser for the movie, when he kissing me she jokes and dry heaves, like in the clip. Its all in fun, but she has an idea that it will go away. Of course the Dick Dastardly, Doc Holliday, Terry Thomas jokes abound as my wife and friends are brutal. In fact when the movie comes out on the 23rd she wants me to go to the movie in tweed and an ascot :blink::lol:.

Last edited:
My facial hair grows at the speed of snail, so I have the constant argument with myself as to natural, English, Western, or curled. My SWMBO thinks I am nuts talking to myself, or should I say to my stache LOL, every day. I had a full Goatee and Mustache then decided to re- train, grow it out and it has been agonizing as I am about 7 months in total with the handlebar growing since Late September, early October. As Mark put it I am in the tough part of the grow, but determined LOL, much to my wife's chagrin. In fact as I mentioned somewhere else, my wife has taken on the Gweneth Paltrow role of the teaser for the movie, when he kissing me she jokes and dry heaves, like in the clip. Its all in fun, but she has an idea that it will go away. Of course the Dick Dastardly, Doc Holliday, Terry Thomas jokes abound as my wife and friends are brutal. In fact when the movie comes out on the 23rd she wants me to go to the movie in tweed and an ascot :blink::lol:.

The English style was a compromise between the fiance and myself. She's growing used to it, but was very against the full curl handlbar. So, I trimmed it down to tame the level of curl, and we hit the agreed stage. I'm pretty lucky she puts up with my quirks. lol

My stache went naked today :blushing: It actually held it's shape pretty well, of course it settled into a big of a messy English.

My stache went naked today :blushing: It actually held it's shape pretty well, of course it settled into a big of a messy English.

I tried to do that on a saturday a couple weeks ago. It was fine, till I went to eat. 2 bites in and it was time for some dubs wax. lol

PPF Dandy Candy Black another great colored wax it emulsified pretty easy by hand but use a hair dryer today to speed it up and make it really comb in evenly . Great stuff !

strop

Now half as wise
I have given the Man's Face Stuff another few days. Must have been something about the mix that allowed the top layer to be oilier than the rest, but I have had good luck with it the last few days. Been doing a hybrid handlebar/English and it has held very well.

Top Bottom