What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418775123.688101.jpg
Elizabethan Mixture in the Muhsin Meerschaum

Last edited:
Briar Fox in a Peterson Rocky Bent Bulldog. I had tried this crumble cake when I had first gotten it as a half ounce sample from SP. I had not revisited it till tonight, which is about 5-6 months later. What a difference a little age makes! Very mild and smooth Virginias. It was harsh the first time I had tried it and never would have thought a short nap would improve it this much. If you like a strong Vas, then this is not for you. BF has a slightly sweet finish which I find great as an after dinner smoke.

I had gotten And So To Bed today and had a bowl in my Pete Shannon earlier. I like it a lot. Some age should make this a stellar blend.

Being fairly new new to pipe smoking, I would never have thought how aging could improve a blend. I'm setting up the cellar in my basement to do some serious aging. So far, I went through two cases of Mason jars. Now I know it'll be worth the effort.

Briar Fox in a Peterson Rocky Bent Bulldog. I had tried this crumble cake when I had first gotten it as a half ounce sample from SP. I had not revisited it till tonight, which is about 5-6 months later. What a difference a little age makes! Very mild and smooth Virginias. It was harsh the first time I had tried it and never would have thought a short nap would improve it this much. If you like a strong Vas, then this is not for you. BF has a slightly sweet finish which I find great as an after dinner smoke.

I had gotten And So To Bed today and had a bowl in my Pete Shannon earlier. I like it a lot. Some age should make this a stellar blend.

Being fairly new new to pipe smoking, I would never have thought how aging could improve a blend. I'm setting up the cellar in my basement to do some serious aging. So far, I went through two cases of Mason jars. Now I know it'll be worth the effort.

I can concur. Briar Fox to me was harsh at first then became a delight some few months later. Perhaps only 3 or 4 for me. Interesting huh. Must be after air hits it/seal broken.

Solani Silver Flake (my broken love record) in my newest addition to the cob family.
$uploadfromtaptalk1418796213976.jpg
It's been above 35°c all day, thick, humid, sweaty and nasty. The thunderstorm is rolling in and bringing the first pats of rain and it's welcome, cool breeze. Enjoying this under the house to catch as much of the breeze as possible. Perfect.

That's a sweet looking pipe sir! Can we see more picks?

Thank you. This is what it looked before I bought it, pics from seller on ebay.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418797629.249689.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418797725.515064.jpg

This is what looks like now

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418797966.117112.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418797986.562738.jpg

One of these days i will pull out my camera and snap some good photos, with proper lighting.

This is my second pipe, first being a cob, looking forward to exploring the world of briar soon as I have really started to enjoy pipe smoking. So much more to explore.

I can concur. Briar Fox to me was harsh at first then became a delight some few months later. Perhaps only 3 or 4 for me. Interesting huh. Must be after air hits it/seal broken.
Rob, you maybe onto something important. In the tin nothing seems to happen/age quickly, but once air hits it then things change rapidly. I may just open some tins I'm aging and put the baccy in mason jars. I find it amazing how the microbes in the tobacco can remove air/oxygen and pull a mason jar lid on like it's been vacuum sealed.

Dunhill Flake in my Peterson Dublin Silver 999. I like smaller and lighter pipes, but this Rhodesian is too beautiful to let go, and a good pipe to boot.

$image.jpg

Some MB HH old dark fired in my b&b Le 2013 tinsky packed and ready to go...got about another 40 min before everyone clears out and I can light up
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418864136.782240.jpg

Top Bottom