What's new

What blade is the WORST for you.....

So far... Treet black beauty. I've only tried one, and only one shave, but I'm not looking forward to the second shave with it. Three passes in my 34c HD, and I ended up looking like I hadn't shaved since the day before. Pathetic cutting. Next time I use it will be in the more aggressive RazoRock Jaws.

I'm still in the learning process Since y only start wet shaving whit a DE razors last novembre, but the astras(blue and Green) horible for my face. It could be my technic cause i' new but to all the blades i tried so far i Had good result. Guitar10

So far... Treet black beauty. I've only tried one, and only one shave, but I'm not looking forward to the second shave with it. Three passes in my 34c HD, and I ended up looking like I hadn't shaved since the day before. Pathetic cutting. Next time I use it will be in the more aggressive RazoRock Jaws.

OK, I gave the Treet black beauty another chance today, in preparation for our church's Christmas musical (I'm the drummer). I put it in my RazoRock Jaws this time, hoping it work better with the blade than my Merkur 34c had. Especially because I have a vicious head cold and my accompanying headache had me sick to my stomach. What I really wanted was a successful shave with little touchup required.

Well, the shave went great. DFS in two passes with minimal touchup. I'm starting to think I can get a close shave with the Jaws with whatever blade I put in, whereas the HD gives much different results with one blade over another.

i can now shave with pretty much anything and get good results but if i had to pick just one merkur. they are always a rough shave especially the first use.

The worst of what I've tried, Crystals. Put one in the NEW, two shaves and gone. Acted like it had bloodlust. Tried again in case it was a dud, same result. Tried another in a Tech with the same results. They just don't like me. Too sharp, stiff or something for me.

I recant my previous choice of Crystal. I somehow forgot I had a MTOne and put one in today. It performed very well. I just prefer using a pre-war Tech and a Crystal just doesn't work for it. This now puts the Dorco 301s as my worst. They are very tuggy in my NEW, just satisfactory in the Tech and MTOne. So not horrible, but not great performers either.

Astra sp, I get a couple of nicks every time, I know most of the people here love them but I just can't get a nick free shave with them. On the other hand I get great shaves with Gillette yellows and shark ss

Top Bottom