What's new

Age Old Question. Want To Grow A Beard But Love Shaving Too Much?

The question is age old and probably not even thought of by the folks who dislike shaving because they have to and also gotta deal with carts........ :biggrin1:. Unlike us fine folks.

So what to do if you love walking around with a full BBS but have fond memories of the last time you had a nice and refined bit of facial hair hanging from all the right places IYO from your face?

I always loved the look I had with a van dyke style beard but I said that as soon as I was out of KFC I was going to grow a beard again. My problem? Shaving is to good not to do very often.

Well, if you sport the Van Dyke or goatee, that still leaves plenty of real estate that would need daily shaves. In fact, I think if you have some style of facial hair, it's an even better look to shave daily. 2-3 days stubble seems to be some fashion thing now, but doing it with a goatee or such still looks a bit "unkept" in my opinion. I have th goatee and separate mustache, and still shave daily. It just means I don't have to struggle with the "problem areas" of my upper lip and chin. :lol:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Do the mustache. As many variations to a mustache as there are beards.

I'm doing a mustache and I feel like I'm enjoying the best of both worlds. Growing facial hair and shaving.

I'm starting to feel like that's the only purpose for the upper lip. Such a small amount of real estate to shave anyway.

I always have some form of facial hair and like to keep it neat and styled. I shave everyday even if it is just trimming beard lines.

I wore a full beard for 30+ years, but started to trim it when I started to work in more professional environments.

Left alone, my beard would start just below my eye sockets to the bottom of my neck. This was great when I worked out doors in the winter, but work and the desire to date girls soon got the better of me and I started to shape my beard. Fast Forward to my B&B membership - my cheeks, jawline and sideburns were shaven off and I now wear a simple, close trimmed goatee. Shaving was simply to much fun to waste it on such small real estate.

I have had a mustache since October 1981, leaves lots of needs to be shaved real estate. Off and on since the late 1990's I have had a beard of one sort or another. Mostly some style of goatee. When I was using carts I shaved more frequently it seemed with the goatee than with just a mustache. Just looks nicer. I'm with Shave_Rat on the stubble thing. Doesn't mean I don't occasionally skip a day shaving though. But a lot less since I started using a DE......

Mustache? Why didn't I think of that sooner. I'm going to start right now :thumbup1:.

Thanks guys, it's like the best of both worlds.

I have been a Van Dyke/Goatee(w/connected "burns) since being a member here. I enjoy every bit of my daily AM shaves. In fact I probably like them more because I don't have to deal with the tough angles of my mandible. (also I get horrible irritation if I shave the front of my chin.)

Rock that stache if you do it...! So much out there for the 'stache now that it could become as much of an obsession as shaving itself!

Oh I don't think I can see myself becoming a head shaver anytime soon. I love my hair too much and if genetics are going to have any say in the matter I'll be well on the way to hair loss in less than 10 years and I'm only going to be 22 on the 28th of Feburary so I'm gonna enjoy what I've got for as long as i can.

Hmmmm....it's been ages since I last grew a moustache - reading all these responses makes me want to do it again.

Top Bottom